"conte is back-big time" (5 Viewers)

Joe, I knew they would get released, a little late for Christmas no doubt but I knew it! To tell the truth though I did get tired of saying it. Loyalty pays off!:D

Sahara,
Excerpt from a recent email Richard Conte to me said :
" Huge Roman Barbarian range forthcoming and in my humble opinion these are 10 times better than our past Roman efforts(as the sample set shows!!). I think we'll start seeing Romans probably May onwards......."
Hope that helps.
Regards
Brett

Sahara,
" Huge Roman Barbarian range forthcoming and in my humble opinion these are 10 times better than our past Roman efforts(as the sample set shows!!). I think we'll start seeing Romans probably May onwards......."
Hope that helps.
Regards
Brett

Thanks Brett,

I am really looking forward to seeing this series. Espc. if conte is focusing on Teutoburg Forest. I think some of these pieces could easily be an unexpected sleeper or at least contend for some of the best pieces released in 2010 if done right.

Joe, I knew they would get released, a little late for Christmas no doubt but I knew it! To tell the truth though I did get tired of saying it. Loyalty pays off!:D

They didn't make Christmas my Lord General but sure made it for an early birtday and Loyalty by all means pays off. Arrive this AM via the Little Red. White and Blue Truck and it goes without saying the figures speak for themselves. Here's the first of them.

3005-1.jpg

Following set one are sets two and three making their appreance and like the previous well worth the wait and set three really shines not taking anything away from the others.

003-18.jpg

1006-5.jpg

1007-6.jpg

1008-2.jpg

2003-1.jpg

Sahara,
Hope that helps.
Regards
Brett
The sample certainly is. The regular Romans did not do much for me. I did end up getting the Sparticus Romans that were much improved but they are close to that sample. The prior Barbarians were 't too bad but not nearly as good as that sample.

Great photos Lt., are these available or a special delivery from RC?
Looking forward to the Durnford figure!

I "hope" I don't like the Roman/Barbarian range but I think it's a losing battle.:(:rolleyes::):D
Mark

Great photos Lt., are these available or a special delivery from RC?
Looking forward to the Durnford figure!

Breaker the sets are to be available later this month and an announcement will appear on the Cone Web Site that they are available to be shipped and yes they were a special delivery from RC. Here's sets 004, 006 and 007 and like the earlier sets the figures will speak for themselves and are a must to have for those who collect sets and figures of the Zulu War they're extremely well done and as I said earlier stand 2nd to none on figures currently being available from any and all of the sources who provide Toy Soldiers today.

017-8.jpg

015-7.jpg

019-6.jpg

Breaker the sets are to be available later this month and an announcement will appear on the Cone Web Site that they are available to be shipped and yes they were a special delivery from RC. Here's sets 004, 006 and 007 and like the earlier sets the figures will speak for themselves and are a must to have for those who collect sets and figures of the Zulu War they're extremely well done and as I said earlier stand 2nd to none on figures currently being available from any and all of the sources who provide Toy Soldiers today.

017-8.jpg

015-7.jpg

019-6.jpg

Some-one is a very lucky boy.
Still you have to agree that he deserves it.
Looking forward to catching up with you Joe.
Thanks for posting.

I agree, very well deserved. It's great to see the British Colonial period making a comeback.

DADDY ZULU...

what great sets...nobody does "shock and awe" faces like Conte...

love the ammunitions officers set...

doesn't he look surprised....

great additions Guiseppie

What's a unquie feature about Conte's hand to hand sets is that he provides you with a mini diorama with each set which allows you to feature the figures in other settings or feature the bases on their own. Once again a picture is worth a thousand words.

2004-1.jpg

3004.jpg

3005-2.jpg

1005-10.jpg

1009-6.jpg

Excellent figures Joe, well done:cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Agree Scott and thanks Martyn here's another pairing mixing sets.

005-24.jpg

Agree Scott and thanks Martyn here's another pairing mixing sets.

005-24.jpg

Another great picture Joe

You can almost hear the Quartermaster shouting "I've only got one pair of hands!!!!!"

Cheers

Martyn:)

Seem an Officer of the Engineer's and the Quatermaster are at odds.

2006-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back