"conte is back-big time" (3 Viewers)

It's nice to hear the Lads from Down Under have the Zulu War Series readily available while they last being provided by the Military Workshop and here's one of the main reasons along with many others Conte's back big time Down Under and elsewhere.

025-5.jpg

Lt.,
I'm just curious but are you interested in any other period besides Zulu War.I hope you don't think I'm putting it down in any way as for myself I collect only FIW now but I use to collect ACW,Vikings,Romans (99% Conte by the way:D).I didn't know if you were interested in the new Sudan lines.I kinda am but I'm waiting for something FL is putting out that is suppose to hook me:rolleyes:.I do have interest in the new Roman range by Conte.
Mark

Lt.,
I'm just curious but are you interested in any other period besides Zulu War.I hope you don't think I'm putting it down in any way as for myself I collect only FIW now but I use to collect ACW,Vikings,Romans (99% Conte by the way:D).I didn't know if you were interested in the new Sudan lines.I kinda am but I'm waiting for something FL is putting out that is suppose to hook me:rolleyes:.I do have interest in the new Roman range by Conte.
Mark

Sorry Mark for not replying to this earlier wasn't aware of it. I decided years ago when Conte introduce his Zulu War Playsets to collect Toy Soldiers and only the period. Prior to doing so I collected and painted both plastic and metal kits mainly WWII plastics and metal Zulu War figures. Since then you'll note the rest is history.

For those who have been waiting for the 8 sets due this month they've arrived and have been announced on the Conte Web Site be sure to check it out.....The Lt.

Are this soldiers 57mm like W.BRITAIN 24th foot or 54mm like plastic CONTE 24th foot?

Britain's are 1/32 56mm vs Conte's 1/32 54mm I find that the 2mm makes little or no difference as shown in the attached photo which has been featured earlier. I find they go very well together....The Lt.

3015.jpg

Sorry Mark for not replying to this earlier wasn't aware of it. I decided years ago when Conte introduce his Zulu War Playsets to collect Toy Soldiers and only the period. Prior to doing so I collected and painted both plastic and metal kits mainly WWII plastics and metal Zulu War figures. Since then you'll note the rest is history.

For those who have been waiting for the 8 sets due this month they've arrived and have been announced on the Conte Web Site be sure to check it out.....The Lt.

That's great Lt..I think we all move around some at first until we find something that really grabs ahold of us.
Mark

The Set speaks for itself.....The Lt.

2005-4.jpg

2015-1.jpg

2011-3.jpg

3004-3.jpg

Holy smoke Joe that is an absolutely cracking figure set-my boyish imagination is running wild with ideas of a Reb & Union version-WOW! :eek:

Reb

Holy smoke Joe that is an absolutely cracking figure set-my boyish imagination is running wild with ideas of a Reb & Union version-WOW! :eek:

Reb

'Reb & Union version'? I thought you were just in to WWII Bob. :confused:;)

Lt, That is a fantastic looking set, you must be pleased to be the proud owner, and it's beautifully displayed. Great scene.

Cheers
Simon

My Lord Gneral you'll find it a great set and very pleased that you've added it to your Zulu War Collection. Simon I'm very proud and happy to have added it to my Land of The Zulu's it's an outstanding set. UKReb I'm sure you'll agree that a similar set done by Conte of both the Rebs and Yankees would be another one of his outstanding hand to hand sets. Just couldn't keep the set away from my camera......The Lt.

3019.jpg

As you'll note Conte's Return to The Civil War Big Time....The Lt.

scan0003.jpg

scan0002.jpg

I pre-ordered most of the Zouave sets yesterday. I have been anxiously waiting for these a loooooong time.

I see where Conte has a returning classics page where they are going to restock some of the most popular sets in different ranges,especially the early sets of the Spartans.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back