"conte is back-big time" (2 Viewers)

Well i geuss that other Conte thread can now sink like the Titanic :D..Welcome back Conte!

Speaking of the Is Conte In Business topic going down faster than the Titanic, I spoke to Mrs. Conte today(the pirate lady) and asked her about what ships her husband had planned for this year (hoping they would be making another Viking boat)and specifically told her that it had been reported on Treefrog that Conteco had allegedly told a collector directly that a Titanic Play Set would be made and that this TF collector claimed to have spoken to Mr. C himself.

She called me back after tracking Conte down and told me this:
Conte NEVER had ANY such discussion regarding making a Titanic playset with anyone and that
Titanic was NEVER even considered as a play set or other product for all sorts of reasons including (a) no interest in it on hubby's part and (b) the sheer scale of it would make production impossible. Conte said that the Titanic in 1/32 scale would have to be about 30 feet long and a semi truck would be required for delivery of each with approximate delivery charges of $3500 per ship!!!! She said Richard just laughed uproariously when told that someone had reported that he had promised a 1/32 scale Titanic When she told him he told her that his rule was that if it ain't gonna fit in their bathtub, he's not going to make it!!

That said the great news is that she did hint at a new 3rd Viking ship in late 2010 ( I have the first 2) which would have the Conte logo on the sail and a revamped less expensive Roman Galley which does NOT have the lower deck with all those rowers. They are now sold out of that majestic Roman ship...and have been sold out of the second Viking ship for over a year. Both of these boats, while large, will fit in a bathtub!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an update this AM confirming what sets have been shipped and due this month and what's due for Febuary along with a few photos I'll be posting. As stated earlier set 13,14,19 and 20 are due to arrive this month followed by the following sets 1,2,3,4,6,7,12 & 15 due in Febuary and you'll note a few have been added. I'm sure this'll more will more than help prove Conte's Back Big Time and please those of you who are looking forward to adding sets to your collections. Having featured both WBritain and Conte in many of my photo dioramas looking forward to featuring them playing together along with the new sets due from WBritain It's a great year headed our way for those of us who collect the period....The Lt.

DSC09646.jpg

DSC09645.jpg

DSC09645.jpg

DSC09634.jpg

Speaking of the Is Conte In Business topic going down faster than the Titanic, I spoke to Mrs. Conte today(the pirate lady) and asked her about what ships her husband had planned for this year (hoping they would be making another Viking boat)and specifically told her that it had been reported on Treefrog that Conteco had allegedly told a collector directly that a Titanic Play Set would be made and that this TF collector claimed to have spoken to Mr. C himself.

She called me back after tracking Conte down and told me this:
Conte NEVER had ANY such discussion regarding making a Titanic playset with anyone and that
Titanic was NEVER even considered as a play set
or other product for all sorts of reasons including (a) no interest in it on hubby's part and (b) the sheer scale of it would make production impossible. Conte said that the Titanic in 1/32 scale would have to be about 30 feet long and a semi truck would be required for delivery of each with approximate delivery charges of $3500 per ship!!!! She said Richard just laughed uproariously when told that someone had reported that he had promised a 1/32 scale Titanic When she told him he told her that his rule was that if it ain't gonna fit in their bathtub, he's not going to make it!!

That said the great news is that she did hint at a new 3rd Viking ship in late 2010 ( I have the first 2) which would have the Conte logo on the sail and a revamped less expensive Roman Galley which does NOT have the lower deck with all those rowers. They are now sold out of that majestic Roman ship...and have been sold out of the second Viking ship for over a year. Both of these boats, while large, will fit in a bathtub!!

I was going to quote a source, but never mind.

Last edited:
He sure is back-big time. Here's a sneak peak of Conte's Zulu War Brochure. Anyone wanting a full size brochure should email or call and request one.

photoMA27831530-0001.jpg

photoMA27831978-0002.jpg

Im on his mailing list and I use to get brochures so I should get one.
Mark

These might actually fit in real well, for size and dynamic sculpting, with Collectors Showcase pieces. Look almost to be identical in style..Michael

Ah fiddlesticks! Just when I thought it was safe to not collect something! Darn you RC!;)

So with all these new Zulu sets coming I guess I won't have any money left for buying the 30 foot Titanic:):):):)

So with all these new Zulu sets coming I guess I won't have any money left for buying the 30 foot Titanic:):):):)
You must have a pretty large bath tub.:eek::D That is unless you were going to dock it in one of the many bodies of water in your fair state.;):D

Regarding Titanic I can sense the massive dissapointment about the non-production of the 1/30 version but will 1:1750 do (ie. about 6" long) ?
I have a few left that were believe it or not produced by me 10 years ago. Ltd Ed of course.
Still working on the figures but can't seem to find the masters:D
Regards
Brett

There's and new update posted by RC on his web site www.conteco.com that I'm sure you'll find interesting and thought I'd pass it along.

That's great to see Conte coming back with a vengeance! I have already started my Zulu War range with Britains excellent figures... but he did mention new ACW on the way too! :)

Received this a short while ago along with other collectors and thought I'd pass this on for those of you who are not on Conte's email list. This will answer your questions in the pricing and shipping of the first 4 Zulu War sets that have begun shipping today. Not being a wizz kid at the computer had to down size by printed scans to pass this on but you'll note it's still readable and I'm sure if you email RC asking for a larger and clearer copy it'll soon be on it's way to you.....The Lt.

Attachments

• scan0001MA27989086-0001.jpg
    scan0001MA27989086-0001.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 264
  • scan0002MA27989149-0002.jpg
    scan0002MA27989149-0002.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 260
Received this a short while ago along with other collectors and thought I'd pass this on for those of you who are not on Conte's email list. This will answer your questions in the pricing and shipping of the first 4 Zulu War sets that have begun shipping today. Not being a wizz kid at the computer had to down size by printed scans to pass this on but you'll note it's still readable and I'm sure if you email RC asking for a larger and clearer copy it'll soon be on it's way to you.....The Lt.

You can also email me for a copy of the larger and clearer copy and I'll be more than happy to get it off to you. The Lt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back