Conte's Rome at War (1 Viewer)

Andy...I was doing a Google search on Roman shields and found this one...looks like Conte was spot on in their research and replication...

a really nice reproduction...very cool...
Thanks Mike, I stand corrected...

Thanks Mike, I stand corrected...
Wait a second Mike. I just googled the shield and the only photo of that shield that came up was part of a childs costume. Where did you see the photo? Actually, it makes no difference cause I'm still collecting the Conte Roman series

Mike, went to the site, saw the photo, and clicked on it. The text that came up doesn't describe that shield. it describes the standard Roman shield. Roman Aquilifer's and Imaginifer carried smaller round shields. If you go back to Conte's site, he states that this figure will be produced in a second version, Club figure only, with the standard Roman shield. Another figure for me to buy...

Mike, went to the site, saw the photo, and clicked on it. The text that came up doesn't describe that shield. it describes the standard Roman shield. Roman Aquilifer's and Imaginifer carried smaller round shields. If you go back to Conte's site, he states that this figure will be produced in a second version, Club figure only, with the standard Roman shield. Another figure for me to buy...

Andy...

when you click on the first link...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...og&sa=N&tab=wi

it will show this exact shield...the URL should say "Roman Shields"...

if you click on the picture of this exact shield...it will open to this link...

http://www.ancient-weapons.com/roman-shields.html

it shows this shield again...also listed under Roman shields...

I don't know about any description of this exact shield...

but it's listed twice under "Roman shields"...

It doesn't describe this exact shield...or any of the others shown...

that's the best I can do for you...sorry...

that's the best I can do...this shield is listed under Roman shields...

Attachments

• is.jpg
    is.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 150
Gorgeous figures and certainly welcome. In particular I like that they are in Winter dress . Most figs I see are of the Classic Early Imperial Romans in Judea type.
54mm Rome and Barbarian Collectors should be very happy as there seem to be LOTS of EIR and assorted Barbs poppin up from many makers , plus all the older Conte and KC etc sets will be fun to hunt for.
FUBus

Continuing with the action, intensity and excitment started with "The Flying Barbarian". Here's a sneak peak of 3 of about 20 Barbarians scheluded for release later this year and very early 2012. Harold there's no doubt that you'll agree these Barbarians are also Gorgeous Figures.

photoMA31115701-0002.jpg

photoMA31115728-0002.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-14.jpg

photoMA31115702-0001.jpg

photoMA31115700-0003.jpg

photoMA31114821-0001.jpg

photoMA31114820-0002.jpg

I have to say that I like these better than CS but both are nice.
Mark

I have to say that I like these better than CS but both are nice.
Mark

yea...talk about some "action poses"...these sculpts are really nice...these guys are really turning out nice...thanks for posting them Joseph the Barbarian...^&grin

Continuing with the action, intensity and excitment started with "The Flying Barbarian". Here's a sneak peak of 3 of about 20 Barbarians scheluded for release later this year and very early 2012. Harold there's no doubt that you'll agree these Barbarians are also Gorgeous Figures.

photoMA31115701-0002.jpg

photoMA31115728-0002.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-14.jpg

photoMA31115702-0001.jpg

photoMA31115700-0003.jpg

photoMA31114821-0001.jpg

photoMA31114820-0002.jpg

wow
judging by the look of these dudes extra Legions better be rushed to the frontier

Great pictures of some superb action figures you have posted there Joe:salute::

But I daren't start collecting a new range :redface2:^&grin:salute::

Cheers mate

Martyn:)

Joe, Those barbs are tremendous!! I will definitely be beefing up my barbarian horde w/ these intense, battle ready figures. Thanks for the posting the pics!

HI GUYS LOVE THE LOOK OF THE NEW FIGURES.I BOUGHT A BUNCH OF EARLY FIGURES FROM A MAN WHO WAS A DECENT PAINTER .WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK I LIKE THEM AND THINK THEY WILL HOPEFULLY FIT IN WITH THE NEW ITEMS A LITTLE BETTER.MIKE B.

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

HI GUYS LOVE THE LOOK OF THE NEW FIGURES.I BOUGHT A BUNCH OF EARLY FIGURES FROM A MAN WHO WAS A DECENT PAINTER .WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK I LIKE THEM AND THINK THEY WILL HOPEFULLY FIT IN WITH THE NEW ITEMS A LITTLE BETTER.MIKE B.

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

Mike...

your man looks like an excellent painter...I bet these will really look good with the new Conte Barbarians...are these plastics...

the painting on the new Romans and Barbarians is a huge improvement over the old ones...the old ones were nice in their day...10-15 years ago...but the new ones will compete with anything on the market...

Michael I'm sure MC Bowen will confirm they're Conte metals both Barbarians and Romans and you can find them on the Conte link I sent you earlier.....Joe

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

I love the ferocity of Conte's figures! Great scene there Mike! The Barbs you selected for the setting are feature some of my favorite ealy Conte figures, particularly the one charging w/ axe overhead and the one who has thrown a spear. It looks like whoever did the painting embellishments on the Conte figures did a great job. The highlights and fading technique, for lack of a better description, are very well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back