Conte's Rome at War (1 Viewer)

Mr. Conte gave me a sneak peek at this new upcoming figure...I asked him if I could show it on the forum and he generously agreed...this guy is a brute...a mean looking bastage...I love the metal wrist bracelet and the tattoos...I believe the figures are removeable from the base...I'm not sure...I want him on my shelf...
I am looking forward to these sets.
Hope he does not forget about the Zulu War.

Mr. Conte gave me a sneak peek at this new upcoming figure...I asked him if I could show it on the forum and he generously agreed...this guy is a brute...a mean looking bastage...I love the metal wrist bracelet and the tattoos...I believe the figures are removeable from the base...I'm not sure...I want him on my shelf...

Excellent set Michael, I bet that one is on Joe's list {bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Looks to me to already be the best Roman set I have EVER seen bar none.
Looks like the German might be sending a warning to other manufacturers of Romans that Conte is declaring his place at the head of the table.
This range gets better with each sneak peek.
This is even better than the excellent Time Machine sets from a few years back.:):smile2::tongue::p

Here's the photos I received of the latest Barabarian while by inernet providers was working to get me back on to the internet. Once again the photos speak for themselves..........The Lt.

get-attachmentaspx-16.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-15.jpg

Way too gory for my shelf!!!!!
I have always passed on the decapitation figures.....hard explaining to children and most women.

More Germanics and Celts in action poses would be welcome, however.

Mike Miller beat ya to it Lt.^&grin
Mark

I know he did Mark but got a couple he didn't. Here's the Second featuring a close up of the Barbarian featuring his tatto. You can rest assured nysoldiers more action poses are headed are way.........The Lt.

photoMA31118221-0020.jpg

Way too gory for my shelf!!!!!
I have always passed on the decapitation figures.....hard explaining to children and most women.

More Germanics and Celts in action poses would be welcome, however.

My vote is for more and continued realism and yes, "gore" if it adds to the story. These are not just toy soldiers but amazingly real looking miniature sculptures recreating war between the Romans and the Germans which must have been a really nasty business. Nothing gory here that we haven't seen in Gladiator , Braveheart, Platoon and other mainstream films.And don't even get me started about all the horrific video games which every kid seemingly plays. If 3 best picture academy award winners widely seen by women and children and regulalry shown on TV can do it why can't toy military miniature mfrs.? I find a set like this to be alot less offensive than the glorification of the Nazis in toy soldier form which several other companies do on a regular basis. Much easier to explain beheadings which even Caesar wrote about to my grandchildren than it is to explain the horror of the Holocaust

But thats the great thing about collecting. You can decide for yourself.

I don't collect Nazis on parade and never allowed my kids to play violent video games.......
Let's be honest this is not a "pacifist" hobby. I enjoy military history and enjoy recreating historical events, especially with military themes.
I just don't like looking at decapitations on my toy soldier shelf.
To each his own.

Very nicely done my friend. I really liked the "special effects" that your wizard brought with him. It seems like we let the whole summer slip by us without getting together . . . . we must do something about that . . . .
:smile2: Mike

swamp1crS.jpg

It's not good to get lost in a swamp at night...especially if a wizard is about.

swampmagicS.jpg

As always nice to see you at play once again providing us with another one of your beautifully done photo dirorams bringing the Conte figures to life. Thanks again Joe for sharing your playtime with us.........Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back