Delivery day!!!! (1 Viewer)

Well just remember that it is clearly all your fault this has happened Mike. :tongue:

Here is a test shot of Mel Gibson using some new light bulbs I just got for my goose-neck lamps.....
Really nice Dave. This line has been tempting for a while now but I think I may be able to resist, at least unless they really do get into the whole Francis Marion thing.:eek::wink2: BTW, when I first read this post, I thought you said Mel Gibson gave you goose bumps.:p^&grin

Really nice Dave. This line has been tempting for a while now but I think I may be able to resist, at least unless they really do get into the whole Francis Marion thing.:eek::wink2: BTW, when I first read this post, I thought you said Mel Gibson gave you goose bumps.:p^&grin

^&grin Ewwww! The very thought of that gives me goose-bumps. :rolleyes2:

Yes, but I will always blame it on Mike. ^&grin
Gonna get #'s 5, 6 and 7 next.....

Always glad to be of help :wink2: Dave. Now you can see why I went from 5 Grenadiers to 12 Grenadiers so quickly. Like 6th Wi stated, "betcha can't have just one" ^&grin I am probably going to place an order for 11 more this week so that I can finish off the Grenadier section I am building. Alas . . . my K&C SOHK & Imperial China collection has been reduced . . ah but for a good cause . . . . need to fund my AWI someway without getting the "LOOK" from my wife . . .
:smile2: Mike

Fantastic photos of the Militia, wonderful figures, thanks for posting.

BUT WHEN WILL YOU GUYS STOP MENTIONING «GREAT PRICE POINT»?:mad:^&grin:mad:^&grin...

Paulo

Always glad to be of help :wink2: Dave. Now you can see why I went from 5 Grenadiers to 12 Grenadiers so quickly. Like 6th Wi stated, "betcha can't have just one" ^&grin I am probably going to place an order for 11 more this week so that I can finish off the Grenadier section I am building. Alas . . . my K&C SOHK & Imperial China collection has been reduced . . ah but for a good cause . . . . need to fund my AWI someway without getting the "LOOK" from my wife . . .

Ah, Mike, I know all too well how the trade off dilemmas go. Unloading something to make room for something else can be a painful process, but in this case I think it is a great trade off. Good luck moving your stuff. :smile2:

MD

Fantastic photos of the Militia, wonderful figures, thanks for posting.

BUT WHEN WILL YOU GUYS STOP MENTIONING «GREAT PRICE POINT»?:mad:^&grin:mad:^&grin...

Paulo

You are welcome and I promise to post more next week when the reinforcements arrive. And I also promise not to say another word publicly about what a great value for the money these exquisitely sculpted and painted figures are. :rolleyes:^&grin

MD

what do you folks think about these toy soldiers,are they really worth $50.00 each are they better than K&C

what do you folks think about these toy soldiers,are they really worth $50.00 each are they better than K&C

Better is a very subjective term. They are different. They tend to have more muted colors, more realistic proportions, and more detail. K&C has brighter colors, and the larger heads allow you to see the faces better. There are a lot of things I love about each. As far as the cost goes, I think the figures are worth $50. I just hope they don't go much higher.

Yes, I would have to say there are better IMO...better detail, more realistic sculpts and better paint... this is especially noteable in the WWII and Crusader ranges....The gap may be closer for the Naps.......FL is $18 more per figure...at this point worth the difference for me

The examples I've seen are easily worth the going rate (and honestly probably more...sorry Paulo :tongue:). Similar quality finishes on a similarly detailed sculpted figure done as a commission piece can go for considerably more.

MD

Last edited:
I'll post pictures soon of french old guard done by FL and done by K&C... simply not in the same league...

Alex

MD, glad to hear you are so pleased with your militia selections. They are great indeed! Hope to see how it turns out with your kits the have planned.

Noah

Well, the militia reinforcements have not yet arrived. Scheduled for delivery on March 10th. But in the meantime this kit arrived and scale wise they are better than I had hoped. Was actually afraid they would be much bigger, but in fact they are just a shade smaller and should display nicely with FL once they are complete. Here are a few quick snaps. Hope to start on these in the near future. :smile2:

MD

Attachments

• March8updates 003.jpg
    March8updates 003.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 192
  • March8updates 004.jpg
    March8updates 004.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 197
Well, the militia reinforcements have not yet arrived. Scheduled for delivery on March 10th. But in the meantime this kit arrived and scale wise they are better than I had hoped. Was actually afraid they would be much bigger, but in fact they are just a shade smaller and should display nicely with FL once they are complete. Here are a few quick snaps. Hope to start on these in the near future. :smile2:

MD

Great looking figure kit - looking forward to your progress painting this one Dave. If it turns out equally as nice as the recent western figures you have done it should be very smart looking. You will have to just be patient on the delivery of your FL Colonials - only two more days. Oh by the way, I have received a communique from the British general staff that I should expect 13 Grenadier reinforcements also on the 10th of this week. Both of us have something to look forward to.

Okay Mike, so we can be busy posting new photos on the 10th or 11th then. Really looking forward to getting these next 3.

As for the kit I've shown here, I want to post occasional progress shots of these on the MD's painted kits thread so keep an eye on that and some other things I am either finishing up or just getting started on in the next week or so. :salute::

MD

But in the meantime this kit arrived and scale wise they are better than I had hoped. Was actually afraid they would be much bigger, but in fact they are just a shade smaller and should display nicely with FL once they are complete

MD, it looks like these will go together nicely with the First Legion militia. Congrats on finding just the right kits!

Noah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back