Dispatches are up! (1 Viewer)

%5CPhotos%5CWS%5CWS240(L).jpg

%5CPhotos%5CWS%5CWS241(L).jpg

%5CPhotos%5CWS%5CWS242(L).jpg

Back to normal Rob, with you at the helm. The Germans are good with interesting poses. The table scene is right up my street. ^&grin, Robin.

Back to normal Rob, with you at the helm. The Germans are good with interesting poses. The table scene is right up my street. ^&grin, Robin.

:salute::

I like all these Jerries, especially the Tank riders and early War versions^&cool

Cheers mate

Rob

Not interested in the panzer IV T-34 photo so, hopefully a few have won bets that someone mentioned another flight from K&C.

Some interesting and some not so interesting releases. I particularly like the Santa on ski's I do like and now have all the santa range so, this is another nice and welcome addition.

The winter troops for me (and I particularly like winter war) are poor they have rather bold and crude black lines for pockets and stitched patches and the weapons are not well detailed. I think the rifleman standing is the worst so, from my initial excitement at seeing them in a dio picture I won't be buying these. I would personally like to see the end to this bold line enhancement of detail as its unnecessary IMO.

Its a similar story with the grey troops. Some rather heavy lines and strange faces (something not normally an issue with K&C sculpts) I do however particularly like the radio operator he looks very good as does the prone officer firing the rifle. I have a couple of pics of German officers firing rifles and that is fine. Medic set is a good release also they are always welcome sets

retirements are light also so, a easy month and a relatively expected dispatches as all of this was shown at Chicago or before
Mitch

Im one happy man what a month,should take me 12 months to buy them all well done K@C,winter and Grey the tank riders are brilliant.

I think that its time for Wayne to get a second job in order to pay for all the new WW2 Germans that have been released.... AND yet another tank.

24 new foot figures.... I know that Germans sell well, but this is a bit overboard?

Maybe Andy is trying to make each and very soldier in the Wehrmacht???

^&confuse^&confuse^&confuse

Still that are all nice looking figures, figures especially the 2 guys having a quite vin rouge outside the café :)

John

Have to agree with John here, at still one Wayne will be happy......{sm4}
Wayne.

The Winter troops are awesome, the weapons are highly detailed and the figure poses are excellent. The Winter Panzer IV (without the T34 chassis) is a definite must and the grey troops are smokin! All in all it's a great release although it's gunna be a big hit to my hip pocket! {sm2} {eek3}

Tom

Thanks Rob.

Perfect Dispatches for me - nothing to buy and lots of great things to look at and talk about. Bring on the WW1 figures!!

Those Crusaders are fantastic! I'll be getting three or four of those. It's a relief that no retirements worry me.

Thanks Rob.

Perfect Dispatches for me - nothing to buy and lots of great things to look at and talk about. Bring on the WW1 figures!!

You're very welcome mate, what manners!^&grin

Hope your trip home went/ is going well

Rob

The table scene, the extra set of table and chairs and the tank riders will be a welcome addition to my collection of WWII figurines. Also interested in the medic and wounded soldier, can be used in many dios
guy:)

Not interested in the panzer IV T-34 photo so, hopefully a few have won bets that someone mentioned another flight from K&C.

Some interesting and some not so interesting releases. I particularly like the Santa on ski's I do like and now have all the santa range so, this is another nice and welcome addition.

The winter troops for me (and I particularly like winter war) are poor they have rather bold and crude black lines for pockets and stitched patches and the weapons are not well detailed. I think the rifleman standing is the worst so, from my initial excitement at seeing them in a dio picture I won't be buying these. I would personally like to see the end to this bold line enhancement of detail as its unnecessary IMO.

Its a similar story with the grey troops. Some rather heavy lines and strange faces (something not normally an issue with K&C sculpts) I do however particularly like the radio operator he looks very good as does the prone officer firing the rifle. I have a couple of pics of German officers firing rifles and that is fine. Medic set is a good release also they are always welcome sets

retirements are light also so, a easy month and a relatively expected dispatches as all of this was shown at Chicago or before
Mitch

Mitch, I like you most times, but have you ever had a happy thought in your life. You can become such a negative nellie at times..:( Michael

Was it just a mistake putting the Panzer IV turret on the T34 chassis?

Was it just a mistake putting the Panzer IV turret on the T34 chassis?

No - there is an amazing story about a Russian T-34 that had it's turret damaged and the salvage factory had no spare T-34 turrets. The turrets seem to be more often damaged than the hulls so replacement turrets were always in short supply. But the factory did have several salvaged Pz IV turrets that would fit with an adapter ring. They had to be hand cranked to rotate but the 3 man turret proved to be so much better than the T-34/76 two man turret that it led directly to the development of the T-34/85.

The K&C model shows the Pz. IV/T-34 immediately after conversion and before it was repainted with the German markings replaced by Russian ones. The slogan painted on the schurzen of the actual tank was возродиться из пепла which is "Reborn From The Ashes"

Here is a photo of a Russian KV-1 with a German 7.5 cm L/43 gun and a German commander's cupola as an example of what the Russians would do.

z0lzgDd.jpg

A common tactic was for a Russian tank unit to approach a German position with captured German tanks leading. The Germans recognizing a "friendly" tank, would delay their fire long enough for the Russian tanks to make a close approach.

The tank depicted by K&C is of an actual tank used by the Russians to lead the attack in Operation Uranus which was the encirclement of the Germans at Stalingrad.

I really hope Andy has time to paint the Russian slogan on the schurzen and replace the German tank commander with a Russian one.

Terry

The table scene, the extra set of table and chairs and the tank riders will be a welcome addition to my collection of WWII figurines. Also interested in the medic and wounded soldier, can be used in many dios
guy:)

I am with you Guy, The German's with table &chairs and Tank Riders are must haves. Also so many Wehrmacht I will start with my favorite few first.
Definitely a Great month for WWII ETO collectors. Not forgetting that winter Panzer IV Too ! ^&grin

I like the new releases! Especially winter releases! Can I be curious as to asking if bulge US troops will be next month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back