Do you you believe? First legion holds a challenge for King and Country? (1 Viewer)

first legion vrs king and county,does first legion hold a challenge for K&C

• Yes i do believe there is compition between the companys

Votes: 55 64.7%
  • No i thin K and C can handle any competion with great ease

Votes: 30 35.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are quite correct here Mitch, its about maturity and not feeling the need to ram what you collect down other peoples throats all the time, the
Well said Rob {bra{sm0}vo

Thing is guys and on a positive note, there are now very few people who seem bent on thrusting their views, beliefs or choices on the rest of us. The majority on here are open minded, well balanced and just want to enjoy the hobby , their will always be the odd agenda, but generally things look better around here these days:)

Rob

Thing is guys and on a positive note, there are now very few people who seem bent on thrusting their views, beliefs or choices on the rest of us. The majority on here are open minded, well balanced and just want to enjoy the hobby , their will always be the odd agenda, but generally things look better around here these days:)

Rob

Amen....CHEERS to that. {bravo}}

Rob

I agree - things do seem improved. I wonder how much has to do with more people collecting from multiple manufacturers including those that collect both K&C and FL?

terry

I agree - things do seem improved. I wonder how much has to do with more people collecting from multiple manufacturers including those that collect both K&C and FL?

terry

I think you you may have a good point there Terry about people buying from multiple manufacturers , I know I do

terry

Yep could be that, it could also be that some K&C and FL collectors have said they are fed up with all the unpleasentness and no longer indulge in it. As I said with the odd exception folk are well balanced and also considerate of other members, this is key I think.

Rob

I collect both KC and FL
FL Naps and AWI
KC WW2 RAF SOHK SOE & LoJ
I like both makers and buy what i like
I don't have to have every pieces from a range
just what i like
I like FL Naps for the vast choice of allies
From the beginning i was sold on KC for the size of the figures
and that won't change. Gotta have it.
I don't do politic so as far as the bicquering about KC and FL
i could'n care less. Some people like to stir the pot , they should get a life.
Happy collecting
Maple Leaf

Last edited by a moderator:
I collect both KC and FL
FL Naps and AWI
KC WW2 RAF SOHK SOE & LoJ
I like both makers and buy what i like
I don't have to have every pieces from a range
just what i like
I like FL Naps for the vast choice of allies
From the beginning i was sold on KC for the size of the figures
and that won't change. Gotta have it.
I don't do politic so as far as the bicquering about KC and FL
i could'n care less. Some people like to stir the pot , they should get a life.
Happy collecting
Maple Leaf

Well looks like i should get a life and drop the spoon? hah:^&cool ,in all seriousness boys this post as i can see has stired the forum up quite a bit but that was not of my intentions but rather just to get an overall public opinion of some of our favorite company's , my response to my post is that well i love both First Legion and K and C just the same as they both are special and unique in their own different ways,sure we have all grown attached to K and C but they have been around for what seems forever and First legion has well just hatched and has so many great things to offer as a newer company.

I personally prefer King & Country - always have and always will. I collect other other brands like Conte and Britains - so I am not just narrow with my collection. But, when it comes to First Legion - for the big money $$ - I have no interest.

King & Country meets my top dollar needs. :)

I think it largely depends on what you intend to collect. I collect FL figurines too but only the samurai range. I think if you guys observe, FL is going into some areas that is away from what K&C is doing at the moment.For example the samurai range, the renaissance period, the romans( after K &C had done them), the not so common armies of the napoleonic wars etc..

I think it boils down to what period you are collecting, I see K&C and FL complementing each other and giving the consumers more choices in the periods we are interested in collecting. This can only be beneficial to the consumers but we really have to dig deep into our pockets now. Hahahahhaha.

Regardless of what some of the collectors who offer up some of the debate between the two as to how good or poor the products are from both manufacturers. I would venture all the manufacturers hope they will be half as successful as King and country have been over the years
Mitch

Regardless of what some of the collectors who offer up some of the debate between the two as to how good or poor the products are from both manufacturers. I would venture all the manufacturers hope they will be half as successful as King and country have been over the years
Mitch

Very well put.

I think its quite refreshing that this thread has been held in a calm atmos with no threats to life or limb, in the old days infractions and bans would be flying around like shrapnel.....perhaps we are all growing up.....no surely not^&grin:wink2:

Rob

Rob...

I think its still there lurking under the surface!!!! Its just a little harder when most just want to talk about the detail and such like rather than listen to mines better or, yours is crap.
Mitch

Very well put.

I think its quite refreshing that this thread has been held in a calm atmos with no threats to life or limb, in the old days infractions and bans would be flying around like shrapnel.....perhaps we are all growing up.....no surely not^&grin:wink2:

Rob

Rob...

I think its still there lurking under the surface!!!! Its just a little harder when most just want to talk about the detail and such like rather than listen to mines better or, yours is crap.
Mitch

Yes, perhaps I should not pull at that stitch!:smile2:

Rob

Well looks like i should get a life and drop the spoon? hah:^&cool ,in all seriousness boys this post as i can see has stired the forum up quite a bit but that was not of my intentions but rather just to get an overall public opinion of some of our favorite company's ,

Hey Gabe-

i do not believe Maple Leaf meant that at you at all, or anyone in particular. We both know that things have gotten heated in the past regarding this debate and I believe it was more a blanket statement so I wouldn't take it as anything more than that. You keep posting, nothing negative appears to have come from this discussion, in fact, it seems quite the opposite, as many people have commented that things seem rather civil.

Civil?You mean as in Civil War {eek3}?Just kidding fellas.^&grin^&grin:D:D:rolleyes2::p:tongue:
Mark

Very well put.

Rob

That is because a number of the usual suspects no longer post regular on this forum.:rolleyes2:.Michael

I think it largely depends on what you intend to collect. I collect FL figurines too but only the samurai range. I think if you guys observe, FL is going into some areas that is away from what K&C is doing at the moment.For example the samurai range, the renaissance period, the romans( after K &C had done them), the not so common armies of the napoleonic wars etc..

I think it boils down to what period you are collecting, I see K&C and FL complementing each other and giving the consumers more choices in the periods we are interested in collecting. This can only be beneficial to the consumers but we really have to dig deep into our pockets now. Hahahahhaha.

Very good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back