FIW. River crossing Ambush (1 Viewer)

Horus

Brigadier General
Not only did the armies fight battles they also had to build their own roads. Bringing in supplies across the wilderness they would have rivers to cross and hills to climb. A common way to make things easier on the difficult parts was to unhitch horses from the rear wagons to get the front wagons up and then the same in reverse for the rear ones.
Of course this would be a perfect time for an ambush with the men distracted by the task in hand !

Steve

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

A splendid scene in every respect. Bravo!.

Love the river. Shiny and river coloured as opposed to the usual blue. Is it home made?

Best

M

Isn't the british officer from the Revolutionary War period? It's sort of strange to see him in FIW diorama.

Isn't the british officer from the Revolutionary War period? It's sort of strange to see him in FIW diorama.

Hi Artemil.

Yes from the WB AWI line, not too much difference in the uniforms of the times I think and though the different TS manufacturers use a different shade of blue pain,t I've used the WB officer as the blue facings were used by Royal Regiments with Regiments not granted Royal in their title using many different colours in their facings, such as orange for the 35th Foot at Fort William Henry would of had.
In any case TG alas have not done an officer in their FIW line and the JJD FIW figures are somewhat larger than WB / TG FIW figures, which work better together. So a compromise, as I have done on previous scenes where I have used AWI Grenadiers where the Bearskin cap was only just being introduced into RHR and with most Regiments still using the mitre cap.

Steve

A splendid scene in every respect. Bravo!.

Love the river. Shiny and river coloured as opposed to the usual blue. Is it home made?

Best

M

Thanks Malcolm, the river is a sheet from serious play on ebay and I just painted the hardboard base a muddy greenish colour.

Steve

Very nicely staged and photographed Steve . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Great terrain and figs in an outstanding dio. Particularly like the view from behind the soldiers across the river. Chris

Hey Steve,
Let me echo all the comment said here previously ... really wonderful.
As Malcolm mentioned the river is very nice.
I am planning a river in one of my up and coming scenes and that looks like a nice one.

--- LaRRy

Great story-line and scenery Steve and really like how you set the wagons and figures up.
Cheers!

Thanks Guys for the kind words and interesting comments. Good to get questions which I try to answer as I can.

Steve

Steve,

You've done another real great job here with this dio!! Your staging is perfect and I love the water!

Can you provide a link to the supplies on EBay where you got the water base board?

Mark

Steve,

You've done another real great job here with this dio!! Your staging is perfect and I love the water!

Can you provide a link to the supplies on EBay where you got the water base board?

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Here's the link to the seller,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexible-...var=670946345285&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

though he seems to be out of stock at the moment of the larger 50 cm x 27 cm river sheets, which is what you see in the river crossing scene.
He does re-stock, but it's so random you might want to contact him directly. The smaller river sheets are fine for streams though. Not had the lake so I can't comment on what they're like.
Hope this helps.
Steve

Great! interesting situation and a lot of action.....{sm3}{sm3}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back