Flak 41 88mm BROKE (6 Viewers)

With all this waiting, I ordered The Figarti Karl Moser. So this just became the tail end of my list after the Karl, The Grant, The first legion Crusaders.. If I have money to buy this I will. If not, Oh well. I am really dissapointed That, this was A christmas Gift That I was dying To have. And it being this late. It is becoming a scar, Its been over a month since K&C knew. And it being put in the back burner, Until February. My confidence with K&C is Waning.

Plus, No explanation or word from King and Country, everything is speculative. Which adds to the uneasiness.

Spartan71,
I refer you back to post number 30 of this thread which was a pretty bl--dy good explanation of what had happened and what was going to happen.
I have been advised by my dealer that my Grants and replacement Flak 88s will arrive in country (OZ that is) tommorrow so I hope to have them in my hot little hand in a few days time.:)
Maybe you need to get a better dealer who puts out a newsletter or keeps in contact with his customer on important issues like this.
Everything comes to he who waits.
Cheers Howard

Spartan71,
I refer you back to post number 30 of this thread which was a pretty bl--dy good explanation of what had happened and what was going to happen.
I have been advised by my dealer that my Grants and replacement Flak 88s will arrive in country (OZ that is) tommorrow so I hope to have them in my hot little hand in a few days time.:)
Maybe you need to get a better dealer who puts out a newsletter or keeps in contact with his customer on important issues like this.
Everything comes to he who waits.
Cheers Howard

That would be good, As far as dealers. I think I got a great one in Sierra Toy Soldier. They have gone and beyond everything I have asked them for.
I have been buying K&C products ( they comprise about 90 to 95 percent of my collection), What would have been great,Is IF K&C addressed everything themselves, Not a dealer, Not a forum member. Not anybody but themselves. Took action and Informed everyone themselves. So there are no speculations. no frustrations.
Now as far as, Everything comes to He/She that waits.I do hope this sentence is not one of K&C's Motto. the Industry is getting bigger by the day, There are other options out there. The Flak 88 was number one on my list before, Now it is The Karl Morser, followed by The Grant, FL Crusaders. The ones that did come out on Schedule.

Was it not clear?? I thought it was. The confusion in this thread was a poster thinking he was getting a plain white box rather than a picture box and it ran from there but, the e-mail and info he had supplied from HK was quite clear. Temporary box to replace the broken set and, you keep your original box and, replaced, by feb at the latest.

If you can wait you will get a good set if not then the mosar, whenever it arrives, is a good substitute.

I find e-mailing Yan, et al you always get the answers needed within 24 hours.
Mitch

Just, one last point. If anything is wrong on anything We buy. Would it not be great If the Manufacturer addresses it, gives us just a feeling that it is on top of it. without Us making a Fuss?? . Instead of Giving a feeling of, Its normal for it to happen, Or a feeling of They do not care.

Was it not clear?? I thought it was. The confusion in this thread was a poster thinking he was getting a plain white box rather than a picture box and it ran from there but, the e-mail and info he had supplied from HK was quite clear. Temporary box to replace the broken set and, you keep your original box and, replaced, by feb at the latest.

If you can wait you will get a good set if not then the mosar, whenever it arrives, is a good substitute.

I find e-mailing Yan, et al you always get the answers needed within 24 hours.
Mitch

You mean The Moser is a great substitute, if not better. and KC (Yan or Andy, Should have addressed the issue, Without anyone emailing them). That is like Toyota (when they had their issues) (The 88 I know is a smaller scale, But still Good money is getting paid, What if the breakage was smaller, or the collector. did not open the box, And years later. Found out??) KC just utterly Mishandled it, when they Found out and Again should have Addressed it, and informed everyone. even explained Everything including the issue of the white box.

Spartan71...

I just, on this occasion, think its a storm in a tea cup and, my friend we will have to agree to disagree about Andy's reaction. Some sets are broke but, I thought the issue had been resolved which, is the single most important thing IMO.Three dealers and plenty of customers were told the situation, on here alone
without addressing the wider world beyond this forum.

I agree there are times when an explanation from the top is welcome but, I would not go as far as stating that K&C have utterly mishandled the whole affair. Mishandling it would have been not addressing the broken sets as quick as they have. Stopping production of some sets must have occured in redoing these guns and, this was addressed in days of the customers starting to find out things were broken.

If I had a broken set I would be more concerned that Andy was doing the sets again fast than reading what had happened or why on here its rather obvious the packaging was too tight which, resulted in parts being broken. I am not really bothered who tells me as long as I know. If none of the dealers knew anything about the fix then I would begin to think, hang on, this is being addressed poorly but, by the end of Feb everyone should have the complete set and, a few weeks wait IMO will be forgotten when they see the set if, they are still going to buy it.
Mitch

Spartan71...

I just, on this occasion, think its a storm in a tea cup and, my friend we will have to agree to disagree about Andy's reaction. Some sets are broke but, I thought the issue had been resolved which, is the single most important thing IMO.Three dealers and plenty of customers were told the situation, on here alone
without addressing the wider world beyond this forum.

I agree there are times when an explanation from the top is welcome but, I would not go as far as stating that K&C have utterly mishandled the whole affair. Mishandling it would have been not addressing the broken sets as quick as they have. Stopping production of some sets must have occured in redoing these guns and, this was addressed in days of the customers starting to find out things were broken.

If I had a broken set I would be more concerned that Andy was doing the sets again fast than reading what had happened or why on here its rather obvious the packaging was too tight which, resulted in parts being broken. I am not really bothered who tells me as long as I know. If none of the dealers knew anything about the fix then I would begin to think, hang on, this is being addressed poorly but, by the end of Feb everyone should have the complete set and, a few weeks wait IMO will be forgotten when they see the set if, they are still going to buy it.
Mitch

Okay, I agree. And forgive me for overstating it. I love K&C, true and true, That is why I am getting The Grant, and Beyond that. But, It really would have been nice to hear From Andy/ KC.

we got a replacement on our broken sets - so everythings fine !
i think K&C hase informed their official dealers, and they had to inform their customers, thats the normal way.

Lets hope the Grant does not come broke!! lol
Mitch

The packing of their Tank (Fingers crossed), Are greatly done. Now if we are talking about the barrel , I hope its not connected wrong.;)

Although I am not big a K/C fan....especially lately.....They are a reputable company and I have no doubt that they will set things right on broken items.....Broken items are indeed a rare occurence for this company.

My replacement Flak arrived today but this time the base (pedestal mounting) was broken. I will return to Military Workshop later this week with no problems for another replacement.

breslau...

I am sorry to hear this perhaps third time lucky. fingers crossed for you
Mitch

My replacement Flak arrived today but this time the base (pedestal mounting) was broken. I will return to Military Workshop later this week with no problems for another replacement.

Breslau,
Apologies did not check the base when arrived (as that is under the actual Flak)but I do have a few spares so should be no problem to replace.
Regards
Brett

Hello Bret
With all the breakages on the Flak41 is it still limited to 550 sets or will it be more now that they are making more to replace any that are broken just asking as you seem to no more than others mate:confused:
Thanks for any info
Regards Scott

Iona...

Unless K&C want every piece sent back which means covering all the postage (additional costings on top of remaking these guns) I think there may be a few more damaged and repaired bits knocking around. I think though, I am sure Brett will comment on this if I am wrong, he has just said as much by saying he has a few pieces knocking around. I know I could, and a few others on here, repair broken ones without anyone being able to tell. Some will probably do this but, I always think you have to tell someone this is a repair etc

If one comes up for sale without box just everyone be wary!!!!
Mitch

Iona...

Unless K&C want every piece sent back which means covering all the postage (additional costings on top of remaking these guns) I think there may be a few more damaged and repaired bits knocking around. I think though, I am sure Brett will comment on this if I am wrong, he has just said as much by saying he has a few pieces knocking around. I know I could, and a few others on here, repair broken ones without anyone being able to tell. Some will probably do this but, I always think you have to tell someone this is a repair etc

If one comes up for sale without box just everyone be wary!!!!
Mitch

The only guarantee of 550 pieces would be the boxes!
I hope no one bought multiples of the gun thinking they could sell it at a later date for a big profit. For me, this piece will always have an asterisk next to it.:(

Hi Guys,
I do not know how many more will have been made to cover the damaged ones.

However the important point is that the replacement ones do not come with the outer box. Those that have a damaged one will need to put their original box on the replacement one. Dealers will be doing this also.

From the damaged ones I have seen the most common problem was the seat with figure breaking off and I put this down to the packaging.

In my case I was aware of the damage problem before any were sold.

Regards
Brett

If all possible if you can pick the Flak up in the store instead of having shipped less likely to be damaged by ups or fed ex , if picked up insted of shipped .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back