Focke Wulfe 190 and New King and Country Warbirds (2 Viewers)

Louis,
Congrats on your latest aquisitions, is it too much to ask what they set you back? At least I'm sure that would temper my jelousy.
Ray :)

Ray,

They are priced about what the classic Warbirds are selling for in the secondary market (circa $600-$900 for single and small twin engine aircraft). Considering how nicely detailed and how rare these new birds are, I have no complaints.

Sorry boys....and any ladies reading this....but these dont do it for me. They look great and I know you have all been chomping at the bit to get your hands on aircraft...but give me my Waco glider to go with all these wonderful Airborne troops...or give me death! :cool:

Ray,

They are priced about what the classic Warbirds are selling for in the secondary market (circa $600-$900 for single and small twin engine aircraft). Considering how nicely detailed and how rare these new birds are, I have no complaints.

Framkly Louis, it sounds like a steal! ;)

Ray,

Is it viable to release, at that price, one warbird every quarter at 150 - 200 exemplaries? You could ask A. C. Neilson at the Symposium.

I must say that I am well surprised by those prices as I thought that they were very much more expensive.

Pierre.

Is it viable to release, at that price, one warbird every quarter at 150 - 200 exemplaries? You could ask A. C. Neilson at the Symposium.

I must say that I am well surprised by those prices as I thought that they were very much more expensive.

Pierre.

Andy has indicated that he will be mass producing wood Warbirds (approximately 500 of each made) through a different factory in China. The first will be the Storch we have all already seen photographs of on this forum. These warbirds will be superior to the earlier warbirds in that they will have clear canopies and interior cockpit details, and will be far more affordable than the special warbirds, but not quite as detailed.

Think of the mass produced warbirds as the equivalent of K&C toy soldiers and the special warbirds as the equivalent of Aeroart St. Petersburg figures. Like Aeroart figures, the very limited planes will be made by a small group (10-15) of highly skilled individual artists, and each takes a considerable amount of time to produce, so only a very small amount of each can be made. Thus, collectors who want affordable and readily available warbirds will be satisfied by K&C via the factory in China, while the collector who is willing to wait and spend a substantial amount of money for warbirds which are for all intents and purposes works of art, will be satisfied by K&C via the small studio. In the end, I think almost all collectors will be happy.

Andy has indicated that he will be mass producing wood Warbirds (approximately 500 of each made) through a different factory in China. The first will be the Storch we have all already seen photographs of on this forum. These warbirds will be superior to the earlier warbirds in that they will have clear canopies and interior cockpit details, and will be far more affordable than the special warbirds, but not quite as detailed.

Think of the mass produced warbirds as the equivalent of K&C toy soldiers and the special warbirds as the equivalent of Aeroart St. Petersburg figures. Like Aeroart figures, the very limited planes will be made by a small group (10-15) of highly skilled individual artists, and each takes a considerable amount of time to produce, so only a very small amount of each can be made. Thus, collectors who want affordable and readily available warbirds will be satisfied by K&C via the factory in China, while the collector who is willing to wait and spend a substantial amount of money for warbirds which are for all intents and purposes works of art, will be satisfied by K&C via the small studio. In the end, I think almost all collectors will be happy.

But how to buy a special warbird? For instance, I'd like to purchase a Bf-110 but I can't. It is not a question of money but a question of availability.

Pierre.

But how to buy a special warbird? For instance, I'd like to purchase a Bf-110 but I can't. It is not a question of money but a question of availability.

Pierre.

Contact Andy and tell him you are interested in the special warbirds, and willing to pay the price. You may not get the ME110 as at least 3 of the 5 are already spoken for, but your turn will come and you will get a shot at one of the future releases. Andy plans on putting out a new special warbird about every three months. I'm sure if demand is sufficient he will either set up a waiting list, or perhaps release the same warbird in multiple different markings so all the people truly interested will get their chance.

Contact Andy and tell him you are interested in the special warbirds, and willing to pay the price. You may not get the ME110 as at least 3 of the 5 are already spoken for, but your turn will come and you will get a shot at one of the future releases. Andy plans on putting out a new special warbird about every three months. I'm sure if demand is sufficient he will either set up a waiting list, or perhaps release the same warbird in multiple different markings so all the people truly interested will get their chance.

Thanks Louis. And have a gret Symposium (as usual:) ).

Pierre.

I'm not sure I follow the KC rationale of making 1200 Panzer Meyer sets that can't be sold, but limiting ME110s to five. This looks more akin to a private offering i.e. the U-Boat scenario of producing for specific collectors which Andy seemingly rejected. Really can't see how posting pictures of fantastic products but not making them available for sale makes collectors happy.

I'm not sure I follow the KC rationale of making 1200 Panzer Meyer sets that can't be sold, but limiting ME110s to five. This looks more akin to a private offering i.e. the U-Boat scenario of producing for specific collectors which Andy seemingly rejected. Really can't see how posting pictures of fantastic products but not making them available for sale makes collectors happy.

Doug,

I can't disagree with you, although I understand that Mr. Neilson offered them to Louis, Hans and Larry. After all, they are organizing the Symposium, at their own expenses and time and there is a friendship relation between, at least, Louis and Mr. Neilson. But then again, I agree with you that it looks like a private offering.

Pierre.

Having read what Louis is laying on and all the trouble he's going to i'm sure no one would begrudge him a couple of warbirds?!.Hope your symposium goes really well Louis,one day i may make it over there myself.

Rob

Having read what Louis is laying on and all the trouble he's going to i'm sure no one would begrudge him a couple of warbirds?!.Hope your symposium goes really well Louis,one day i may make it over there myself.

Rob

I'm all for Louis getting his warbirds, but why make only five?

Rob

Rob-

I hope that my post was clear: if someone deserves to get a warbird, it is Louis (and Hans and Larry) but I share the opinion of Doug: why make only five? For me, they look more than a final product than a prototype and I think that fifty could sell at 600,00$ or 900,00$ each with a certificate numbered and signed and a brochure like the one with the WS70SL (which was a real success).

This is just my opinion, hope I can post it without any backlash.

Amitiés,
Pierre.

Come on people....how cool would it be to have a Waco Glider that opened up and have a jeep rolling out of it?? Then standing all around it is your stick of Airborne Troops.....tell me who does that?? Nobody!! :eek:

Attachments

• Glider%20With%20Jeep.jpg
    Glider%20With%20Jeep.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 132
Come on people....how cool would it be to have a Waco Glider that opened up and have a jeep rolling out of it?? Then standing all around it is your stick of Airborne Troops.....tell me who does that?? Nobody!! :eek:

I agree - that would be very cool. Oh no - I feel the WWII tractor beam on me....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rob-

I hope that my post was clear: if someone deserves to get a warbird, it is Louis (and Hans and Larry) but I share the opinion of Doug: why make only five? For me, they look more than a final product than a prototype and I think that fifty could sell at 600,00$ or 900,00$ each with a certificate numbered and signed and a brochure like the one with the WS70SL (which was a real success).

Amitiés,
Pierre.

Pierre

BACKLASH TIME :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why you ungrateful $#$%@^$)(^_)*)*_(&_(&(&%^&$^%#$^@$%@ and to think that I thought you suported &%&%#$(%_(&+)(&)+(&)+&_*^ to turn around and say that - why you )(&(*^*%%^#^&(%)&*%^$%&$

Just kiddddddddddddddddding my fine french friend. :D

Ron

Pierre

BACKLASH TIME :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why you ungrateful $#$%@^$)(^_)*)*_(&_(&(&%^&$^%#$^@$%@ and to think that I thought you suported &%&%#$(%_(&+)(&)+(&)+&_*^ to turn around and say that - why you )(&(*^*%%^#^&(%)&*%^$%&$

Just kiddddddddddddddddding my fine french friend. :D

Ron

Wow! You scared me.

BTW, the Aquafiler arrived safe and well today. Thanks:)

Amitiés,
Pierre.

Oh I hope not. I would have to buy one and I am an ACW guy. Let's see rewite a little history the Confederate glider landing on Missionary Ridge met with strong Union resistance. Yep I can make it work. Will they make it in gray?

Cheers Squadron Forum Members:

Perhaps they (K&C) should have some sort of lottery for K&C club members or similar so that everyone has a chance and or option to purchase one of the "Faboulous Five" Warbirds-this would apply to the future releases of course. If the winning member declined it would go to the next member on this list, etc. Hopefully, this would keep everybody happy as well as encourage them to become Club Members too. Sound marketing & equal opportunity!

Beaufighter OVER

Rob-

Amitiés,
Pierre.
Hey Pierre,of course you can post any opinion you please.And no slight was intended on your post in anyway.Sorry if it sounded like that.No i just meant after reading everything Louis has done it would be a nice little reward for him.All the best
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back