Focke Wulfe 190 and New King and Country Warbirds (6 Viewers)

Why only make five is an interesting question? Warbirds haven't been made in quite a while and it wasn't that long ago that Andy had no intention of making them again. At the first Symposium two years ago, when I first met him, he pooh poohed the idea. By our starting polls, bugging him and emailing him, it got him to thinking about it again. I'm sure he's tired of all the emails he received from me I sent him on the subject.

He's probably being a little cautious, trying to gauge the interest, especially with these expensive planes, as it could be a big investment for him. If there is demand, people actually emailing him that they want to buy a plane, then I'm sure the number of these kinds of planes will increase as will the likelihood of having factories making less expensive ones in larger quantities.

These are a test case I'm sure and the interest can possibly lead to higher numbers. If there is minimal or lukewarm interest, or not the interest he's looking for, then he hasn't made a major investment that's left him holding a lot of inventory people don't want. Although not exactly the same, the polystones didn't do that well and he probably sure that doesn't happen again.

...i just meant after reading everything Louis has done it would be a nice little reward for him.
Rob

Hi Rob-

I totally agree with you.

And when I will return in London, it will be in december, for the show and the christmas decorations. As you will be also at the show, we will meet and you will indicate me a place where to find typical english beers:) Can you imagine that it is easier to do it here in Montreal than in London. Where are they hiding them?:eek:

All the best for you too (and your wife... and your credit card... and the Nevilles:) :) :) ).

Pierre.

...If there is minimal or lukewarm interest, or not the interest he's looking for, then he hasn't made a major investment that's left him holding a lot of inventory people don't want...

He knows for sure what he is doing and he is the one who takes the risks but those warbirds are winners. Hey, habitually the pictures not do justice to the figures/vehicules/tanks but in this case, even on photos, they are amazing. I stayed open-mouthed for half an hour when I saw them yesterday. My jaw still hurts.

If you remember, you introduced me to Motion Models two years ago. Great products, reasonable prices but I waited, all that time, hoping that K&C would do planes again and, since it's in the air, to see them. The waiting worths it. I guess that waiting another year (or less) is not so dramatic.

Pierre.

Pierre,

Wholeheartedly agree. Looks like the wait was worth it.

The prices for those aircraft seemed reasonable considering how limited they were.

However I believe that most of us are now aware that the demand for aircraft in the 1/30 to 1/32 range depends very much on the prototype modelled, especially where higher production amounts such as 250 are involved.

As this is a somewhat risky venture for K & C I'm sure most of us would feel the safer bet would be to make models of protoypes that will fit in with existing collections of soldiers and military vehicles.

Aircraft like a Me-110 or Typhoon will have some appeal. But I suggest not as much as say a Fiesler Storch, Horsa, Waco, DC-3/Dakota and similar aircaft that can be realistically displayed alongside army based soldiers and vehicles that are already in the collectons of most of us.

As for a Rommel based Fiesler Storch :) That is likely to sell double the volume of any other piece I could think of, so I would hate to see that issued in low numbers.

Hi Rob-

I totally agree with you.

And when I will return in London, it will be in december, for the show and the christmas decorations. As you will be also at the show, we will meet and you will indicate me a place where to find typical english beers:) Can you imagine that it is easier to do it here in Montreal than in London. Where are they hiding them?:eek:

All the best for you too (and your wife... and your credit card... and the Nevilles:) :) :) ).

Pierre.

Hey Pierre,it would be nice to meet you in December,my wife doesn't mind me spending on soldiers but its the beer she would worry about!!

Rob

The prices for those aircraft seemed reasonable considering how limited they were.

However I believe that most of us are now aware that the demand for aircraft in the 1/30 to 1/32 range depends very much on the prototype modelled, especially where higher production amounts such as 250 are involved.

As this is a somewhat risky venture for K & C I'm sure most of us would feel the safer bet would be to make models of protoypes that will fit in with existing collections of soldiers and military vehicles.

Aircraft like a Me-110 or Typhoon will have some appeal. But I suggest not as much as say a Fiesler Storch, Horsa, Waco, DC-3/Dakota and similar aircaft that can be realistically displayed alongside army based soldiers and vehicles that are already in the collectons of most of us.

As for a Rommel based Fiesler Storch :) That is likely to sell double the volume of any other piece I could think of, so I would hate to see that issued in low numbers.

My God Oz,if the Storch was issued in low numbers it would be a crime against humanity!!!

Rob

Guys

I know from Mike that the first time around the Warbirds were a bugger to ship and display at shows etc.

This will be one area that Andy is looking at when it comes to the 'Factory' Production........How to get them out!

You will have to remember that These items at these prices will also mean a limited Dealer carry as they will still be a premium price for a dealer to carry.

Tony

Hopefully Andy will have some more information. The more I think about it, the less likely it seems that he will limit these to five - particulary when he realizes that he can sell 10 times that amount. Would suggest taking preorders so that the risk of any unsold warbirds is minimized.

I assure you this will be a BIG TOPIC OF DISCUSSION in New York next week. :D

My God Oz,if the Storch was issued in low numbers it would be a crime against humanity!!!

Rob

Very true Rob, if Andy did that trick I'm sure there'd be a few guys that would want to make contributions to his Whiskey glass while he wasn't looking. It'd give "a wee" whisky a whole new meaning :D

Very true Rob, if Andy did that trick I'm sure there'd be a few guys that would want to make contributions to his Whiskey glass while he wasn't looking. It'd give "a wee" whisky a whole new meaning :D

Oz,remind me never to upset you at a cocktail party mate!!

Rob

Oz,are you into warbirds in general or is it an AK thing that makes you want the Storch.For me its both but i don't know if i can possibly divide my money further by starting to collect warbirds now.

Rob

Oz,are you into warbirds in general or is it an AK thing that makes you want the Storch.For me its both but i don't know if i can possibly divide my money further by starting to collect warbirds now.

Rob

I've been into warbirds since I made Airfix kits as a kid. About ten years ago I started collecting the 1/48 scale diecast CDC/Armour (now Franklinmint) but stopped after about 20 as they took up to much room. I'm now mainly into 1/72 diecast aircraft being Corgi, Dragon and even the occassional Ixo/Altaya as they make a number of molds that the others haven't done yet, but Ixo models are rather crude.

I've actually got to many aircraft at the moment and have pulled about 20 of em off my shelves and out of storage to sell at a swap meet in Brisbane on Saturday. For example it seemed a bit silly to have several different Me-109's, especially when the only difference is based on an exhaust shape. I may preach "anti completism", but I'm guilty of it myself at times :)

I haven't yet ventured into 1:30/2 aircraft as it's hard to fit them in with my collection of 1/30 and 1/32 scale soldiers and army vehicles. Which is why I'm keen to see some aircraft such as a Fiesler Storch that would complement a dio with armored vehicles etc.

Wow you must have some collection.I've collected a few Corgi planes myself over the years but that stopped when i discovered Andy's product.I too am pleased to see a warbird like the Storch which can be displayed in a dio.Thats why i'd love to see some shot down warbirds,would love a downed ME109 from the Battle of Britain.

Rob

Cheers Forum Squadron Members:

Per chance do any of you collect aviation art namely the aircrew/pilot signed limited art from the likes of Robert Taylor & Nicolas Trudgian? I have been collecting their art since the late 1980s and it is spectacular. Art signed by the likes of Douglas Bader, Jimmy Doolittle, Heinz Guderian and even art featuring tanks! I have listed three of the prints below that I have in my collection/museum all of which are signed, etc. Enjoy!

Beaufighter-OVER

Attachments

• ARDENNES OFFENSIVE.jpg
    ARDENNES OFFENSIVE.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 89
  • RANGERS ON THE RAMPAGE.jpg
    RANGERS ON THE RAMPAGE.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 90
  • TIGER!TIGER!.jpg
    TIGER!TIGER!.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 99
I really like the Mosquito pic,looks like the Amiens prison raid?.

Rob

Cheers Rob:

That particular Mosquito lithograph is by Robert Taylor & is entitled "Raiders on the Rampage"-it portrays a Mossie Mission against a German Fighter Station. The print I have listed below is by Gerald Coulson and is entitled "Operation Jericho" which portrays the Amiens Prison Attack and break. Enjoy the history!

Beaufighter-OVER

Attachments

• Operation Jericho-Gerald Coulson.jpg
    Operation Jericho-Gerald Coulson.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 104
Very nice, displaying a well rounded collection!

Njja:) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back