Forum Members Age (1 Viewer)

I'm 71.Had plastic and some metal Britains as a boy in the 1950's.Had little time to put into the hobby while farming,but retired about 18 months ago.Hope to continue collecting and building dioramas as long as possible.One day I hope to master the technology to photo my collection and post my dioramas on this forum.

50. everyone i talk to or deal with locally is probably from 40-70 years of age. I consider myself on the youngish end of local collectors/enthusiasts.
actually thinking about collecting watches now...

54 and the last thing I worry about is what is going to happen to my **** when I'm dead to much to worry about while I'm alive ^&grin just having fun while the feet are facing the right way love this hobby and cant see age ever holding me back, maybe money and room but not age.

67 years for me.

As most, I started to collect "everything" but had to narrow my choices to a few companies and 3 specific areas.
[American Revolutions / War of 1812 / WWII Pacific]

I have other hobbies, but love this one the most.
Hopefully, a long collecting future awaits!

--- LaRRY

50. everyone i talk to or deal with locally is probably from 40-70 years of age. I consider myself on the youngish end of local collectors/enthusiasts.
actually thinking about collecting watches now...

That would Tick me off

I am 48. Also getting my nephew into it who’s 14. Built him some 1/72 dioramas when the Star Wars fascination started getting a little too intense and thought I should introduce to him a lot of inspiration for it.

Now he holds neighborhood lectures on Desert Storm, Hedge Row fighting in Normandy and the Crusades.

46 years old, collecting for 42 years, yup, Dad started me when I was 4 with Marx Battleground, then at age 6 - Guns of Navarone. Long sold now~! Original figures I still have I started at about 10 with King White (Reeves) Matte figures painted in China. I have nearly the entire catalog ever made including the Chess sets. Have since moved on and have accumulated quite a collection that is wide in variety, range and cost. My 15 year old son started collecting at 5 and he also has a decent size collection. His highlight piece is Aeroart's King Henry VIII and Hound. My highlight piece(s) are Tatiana Russian Thai War Elephant, Figarti Anzio Annie and my favorite piece is the K&C Kelly's Heroes Oddball Tank Prototype that I received as a gift from Andy since my original model used for that purpose was destroyed in the mold process! It is a highlight of my collection. The problem is space. I truthfully could fill a second home at this point.

TD

I’m 47. Been collecting making and painting all types of figures glossy, matt, metal, plastic, wargame figures. All different sizes. Started off with plStic Airfix and Britains as a kid and it’s gone from there! Now lucky enough to have Replica Metal Soldiers and Models ! All the toy soldiers I ever need!!

67 and thought I would slow down after retiring this year. But then I see a "have to have" piece. :wink2: Chris

Age 60 maturity 12 toy soldiers are my 2nd love. My wife doesn't mind they keep me young. Not slowing down yet.

57 and already have far too many too display, but Andy and K&C keep coming out with must have's ^&grin

Steve

60 and still learning to convert models and figures
78 and retired. Sold most of my collection to a fellow collector but still have about 1000 figures including the six Trophy boats, some Zulu, complete Alamo, Beau Geste and Marlborough Durbar and Bill Hocker's great Boer War balloon. I really enjoy keeping up on the Forum, Tommy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back