He219 (2 Viewers)

Thanks Carlo,s and Figarti well worth the wait can't wait to get one of these no matter what the price...............................{sm4}

That is superb both in price and quality. How have they managed this???? Its a must for me. No doubt that this must be one of the best aircraft the hobby has so far seen
Mitch

Oh my. That is on gorgeous aircraft. Anyone know the dimensions? It looks huge. An absolutely fantastic job done by Figarti. Will certainly try to get this one if I can line up finances.:wink2: -- Al

Looks like a big airplane. Space will be problem.

I believe, as with other Figarti models, 100 or so will be the production number. It may not show up for awhile as I believe these are shipped by ocean freight. However, I'm guessing Clive will have them in time for the June show.

Find myself wondering about the packing/shipping problems for the radar gear on the nose. I wonder if the radar will be left "loose", for the customer to put into place, much like delicate parts on other pieces done in the past. It would seem a wise precaution to avoid breakage of what is obviously a delicate part of the aircraft. It would be a big downer to open this up and find the crucial radar ears broken. Just thinking... -- Al

Looks like a big airplane. Space will be problem.

I believe, as with other Figarti models, 100 or so will be the production number. It may not show up for awhile as I believe these are shipped by ocean freight. However, I'm guessing Clive will have them in time for the June show.

So is that a yes mate................^&grin

Oh my. That is on gorgeous aircraft. Anyone know the dimensions? It looks huge. An absolutely fantastic job done by Figarti. Will certainly try to get this one if I can line up finances.:wink2: -- Al

Al,

According to Jane's Fighting Ships, the He 219 had a length of 15.5 metres or 51 feet and a wingspan of 18.5 metres or 60 feet, eight inches. The height was 4.4 metres or 4 feet, five inches. At 1/30 scale, that is roughly 1.7 feet in length and a shade over 2 feet in wingspan.

Assuming my numbers are right, the length is not too bad but the wingspan could kill a display case.

That is superb both in price and quality. How have they managed this???? Its a must for me. No doubt that this must be one of the best aircraft the hobby has so far seen
Mitch

I agree . . as I remember this was to come in 2 versions of camo?

I also remember there being a mechanic on a ladder fixing an engine with raised cowling.?

Also that, after popular demand, that the canopy was to be clear and not "frosted"?

Al,

According to Jane's Fighting Ships, the He 219 had a length of 15.5 metres or 51 feet and a wingspan of 18.5 metres or 60 feet, eight inches. The height was 4.4 metres or 4 feet, five inches. At 1/30 scale, that is roughly 1.7 feet in length and a shade over 2 feet in wingspan.

Assuming my numbers are right, the length is not too bad but the wingspan could kill a display case.
Thanks Brad. It IS a huge beast. I would love to have this. It would take some creativity on my part to display it. I haven't a single place to put anything this large. I do have a sideboard in the dining room. I wonder if the wife would notice if I replaced the fruit bowl with a bird like, oh, I don't know, an OWL? I can see the headlines now, "Germantown man killed by model airplane, wife claims ignorance".{eek3}:rolleyes2::wink2: Might take the chance, though.^&grin -- Al

What a beauty! I knew it would be love at first shight... You're just to good to be true, can't take my eys off of you, you'd be like heaven to touch... Hope it crosses the pacific this June!{sm4}

I agree . . as I remember this was to come in 2 versions of camo?

I also remember there being a mechanic on a ladder fixing an engine with raised cowling.?

Also that, after popular demand, that the canopy was to be clear and not "frosted"?

To me the plane excellent for the money with the level of detail you get .

Al,

Great work Brad

Mitch
I think your right Mitch , hoping there make a Me 262 night fighter next ^&cool

I traded a couple of emails with Rick last night and the amounts that are being made are as I supposed, 100. It is scheduled to ship in about a week.

The propellers are made of metal and contains a moving mechanism inside that is very well designed. There are many details inside the plane that done the Figarti way, to paraphrase him.

I asked him about the antennas as some had expressed a concern about their breaking in shipping. Rick said and I quote "The antennas are also metal, will not break and our new packaging is really quite well designed, protecting the antennas was key."

From what he said, making the plane was a challenging piece of engineering but I could be reading between the lines.

I traded a couple of emails with Rick last night and the amounts that are being made are as I supposed, 100. It is scheduled to ship in about a week.

The propellers are made of metal and contains a moving mechanism inside that is very well designed. There are many details inside the plane that done the Figarti way, to paraphrase him.

I asked him about the antennas as some had expressed a concern about their breaking in shipping. Rick said and I quote "The antennas are also metal, will not break and our new packaging is really quite well designed, protecting the antennas was key."

From what he said, making the plane was a challenging piece of engineering but I could be reading between the lines.
Great intel, Brad. Thanks for sharing it. Good to hear about the antennas. Any idea what the plane is made out of? At only 100 made, I hope it hangs around long enough for me to have a shot at one. It is a superb looking craft.^&cool -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back