Heco Tinplate Models (2 Viewers)

I just wanted to let anyone interested know that on the upcoming OTSN auction there are 2 very nice Heco Tinplate Models, a Rolls Royce Armored Car and a Sopwith Camel. I have multiples of both, so will not be bidding, and I am not the seller. I think the starting bid is a very reasonable $70.

As is typical of collecting, my friend Mark Hoffman only has 5 Heco Tinplate models, one of which I gave to him, but one of them is a German Floatplane I have never seen before (can anyone identify it?):

Attachments

• Heco Unknown German Floatplane.jpg
    Heco Unknown German Floatplane.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 479
I got a message through the forum from a gentleman named Monty, who is a Heco Tinplate Models collector. From him I learned that Heco made a Lanchester Armored Car:

Attachments

• Heco Lanchester Armored Car 1.jpg
    Heco Lanchester Armored Car 1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 528
  • Heco Lanchester Armored Car 2.jpg
    Heco Lanchester Armored Car 2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 504
  • Heco Lanchester Armored Car 3.jpg
    Heco Lanchester Armored Car 3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 503
  • Heco Lanchester Armored Car 4.jpg
    Heco Lanchester Armored Car 4.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 504
I also learned that Heco made both a Sopwith Camel (Model # 11) and a Sopwith Camel Scout (Model # 72). I managed to pick up an early production Sopwith Camel Scout (Model # 72), photos to follow upon receipt.

Here is a photo of the Sopwith Camel Scout from the auction:

Attachments

• Heco Sopwth Camel Scout.jpg
    Heco Sopwth Camel Scout.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 466
As is typical of collecting, my friend Mark Hoffman only has 5 Heco Tinplate models, one of which I gave to him, but one of them is a German Floatplane I have never seen before (can anyone identify it?):
Just saw the post, Louis. It appears to be the Hansa-Brandenburg W 29, (even though the tail is incorrect), a type made famous by German Naval ace Friedrich Christiansen, flying out of Zeebrugge. -- Al

Just saw the post, Louis. It appears to be the Hansa-Brandenburg W 29, (even though the tail is incorrect), a type made famous by German Naval ace Friedrich Christiansen, flying out of Zeebrugge. -- Al

Thanks Al! One more Floatplane for me to chase down!

There's a Heco Tinplate Rolls Royce Armored Car on ebay right now at around $100. I am not the seller and am not bidding (I have 7), so go get it, gentlemen!{sm4}

I just hit the Heco Tinplate Models Trifecta! Three models I have long wanted and never seen before: the Austin Armored Car, Crossley Armored Car and a Gun Emplacement! Photos to follow shortly!

Here are the Photos of the Austin Armored Car, the Crossley Armored Car and the Gun Emplacement:

Attachments

• Heco Austin Armored Car.JPG
    Heco Austin Armored Car.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 442
  • Heco Crossley Armored Car.JPG
    Heco Crossley Armored Car.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 453
  • Heco Gun Emplacement.JPG
    Heco Gun Emplacement.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 393
Now that I finally found the Austin and Crossley Armoured Cars, I am still looking for the following Heco Tinplate Models:

Lanchester Armored Car
WWI German Gunboat
Junkers JU52
Mobile Pigeon Loft
Airplane Hanger
Gee Bee Racer
Supermarine S6B Schneider Trophy Winner
Feisler Storch
Barrage Balloon (1:32 or 1:64)
Sturmpanzercraftwagon A7V (WWI German Tank)
Any of the odd, cartoonish Viking, Knight or Pilot figures

Anyone who can help me find them, I would greatly appreciate it!{sm4}

I picked up a Heco British Army Anti-Aircraft mobile searchlight and a Type 52 Radar Nissan Hut Diorama from the same seller.^&cool^&cool

There were four other items I already owned. Did anybody grab them?

Here are some photos of my newest Heco acquisitions:

Attachments

• Heco Anti Aircraft Mobile Searchlight.jpg
    Heco Anti Aircraft Mobile Searchlight.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 363
  • Heco Type 52 Radar Station Diorama.jpg
    Heco Type 52 Radar Station Diorama.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 364
All of my new Heco items arrived safely. I will take and post some photos of the new Heco items in situ.^&cool^&cool

Attachments

• Heco Austin & Crossley Armored Cars.jpg
    Heco Austin & Crossley Armored Cars.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 282
  • Heco Gun Emplacement 2.jpg
    Heco Gun Emplacement 2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Heco Mobile Searchlight.jpg
    Heco Mobile Searchlight.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Heco Radar Station 2.jpg
    Heco Radar Station 2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 268
Has anyone noticed that someone in the Far East is trying to sell Heco models for around $10-15? I noticed that one image was the same photo of the Crossley armored car that Louis won; the current one is an image of the radar set also won by Louis. I'm guessing that this is a hoax, so beware. I did bid on the Crossley (figured that I could waste $10 if it turned out to be a hoax on the chance that it was legit) only to have the transaction canelled by eBay.
Bosun Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back