Heco Tinplate Models (2 Viewers)

I had traded Joe Remson, the big Metalshed dealer, 4 duplicate Heco Tinplate Models for 2 wonderful Metalshed models. I found out that the planes were passed along to an octogenarian friend of his, whose father had 3 kills as a WWI fighter pilot, flying a Spad almost identical to the one I traded him. I got to give Joe and his friends a tour of my collection after the Freeport Long Island toy soldier show last weekend. It felt really good to be a part of making the elderly gentlemen happy.

Can't wait to see them . . . Those Metalshed models are every bit as nice as the HECOs. Wish I had more of both!

Bosun Al

Also, a Heco RFC Mechanic's shop diorama I purchased from Doug Luna last month arrived today, and he included a wonderful Lesinsky WWI Ambulance with stretcher team, Doctor and nurse as a birthday gift for my son Alec. There are some great people in this hobby, and Doug is definitely one of them!

Can't wait to see them . . . Those Metalshed models are every bit as nice as the HECOs. Wish I had more of both!

Bosun Al

Here are some shots of my son's new Metalshed Models:

Attachments

• Metalshed Armored Cars 1.jpg
    Metalshed Armored Cars 1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Metalshed Traction Engine with Crane 1.jpg
    Metalshed Traction Engine with Crane 1.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Metalshed Model T 3.jpg
    Metalshed Model T 3.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 237
Also, a Heco RFC Mechanic's shop diorama I purchased from Doug Luna last month arrived today, and he included a wonderful Lesinsky WWI Ambulance with stretcher team, Doctor and nurse as a birthday gift for my son Alec. There are some great people in this hobby, and Doug is definitely one of them!

Some shots of the new RFC Mechanic's shop:

Attachments

• Heco RFC Mechanics Shop 1.jpg
    Heco RFC Mechanics Shop 1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Heco RFC Mechanics Shop 2.jpg
    Heco RFC Mechanics Shop 2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Heco RFC Mechanics Shop 3.jpg
    Heco RFC Mechanics Shop 3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 202
Louis is the most motivated, focused and tenacious collector I have ever known.
He goes after his target items like a heat seeking missile!
A great collection!

Louis is the most motivated, focused and tenacious collector I have ever known.
He goes after his target items like a heat seeking missile!
A great collection!

Thanks Rich! Your collection is the most organized, and beautifully displayed that I know. Give me a call one of these days. I am organizing a Symposium in early March, and would love for you to participate!:smile2:

Attached is a photo I was able to obtain of a Heco Tinplate Models Junkers JU52 (from the person I purchased the Heco Field Hospital):

Attachments

• Heco Junkers JU52.JPG
    Heco Junkers JU52.JPG
    303.9 KB · Views: 276
Thanks to the kindness of Steven Chong, who found them for me at the Westcoaster today, I picked up a new Heco Rolls Royce Armored Car and Vickers Gunbus:

Attachments

• Heco New Pusher Plane.jpg
    Heco New Pusher Plane.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Heco New Armored Car.jpg
    Heco New Armored Car.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 298
Here are some photos of a Heco Gee Bee Racer I found in an old Toy Soldier Magazine:

Attachments

• Heco Gee Bee Racer 1.jpg
    Heco Gee Bee Racer 1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Heco Gee Bee Racer 2.jpg
    Heco Gee Bee Racer 2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 237

Users who are viewing this thread

Back