Heco Tinplate Models (2 Viewers)

Has anyone noticed that someone in the Far East is trying to sell Heco models for around $10-15? I noticed that one image was the same photo of the Crossley armored car that Louis won; the current one is an image of the radar set also won by Louis. I'm guessing that this is a hoax, so beware. I did bid on the Crossley (figured that I could waste $10 if it turned out to be a hoax on the chance that it was legit) only to have the transaction canelled by eBay.
Bosun Al

Yup, I reported it too as I saw MY photos of items previously sold as well as was alerted by a fellow forum member. Ebay is basically trying to stop them as they come up as they are a definite scam. I guess the idea is they run the auction, get the payment, get the paypal and then disappear. So it looks like ebay/paypal are trying to stop them before they succeed
Tom

Must be the same people, using different ebay names, with zero feedback, selling Figarti tanks for $16, with free shipping. It's an easy $16 and the seller then probably moves on with another id.

It is really annoying. I get ebay alerts whenever a Heco Tinplate Model is listed, and every morning it seems I get new alerts from these fraudulent sellers. My hopes are up, I click on the link, and its the same photos from the recent auctions with a ridiculously low buy-it-now.

Thanks to the kindness of good friend Norman Joplin, I will be adding this unusual Heco Tinplate Models figure of what appears to be a wounded prisoner of some sort, perhaps even a concentration camp inmate:

Thanks to the kindness of good friend Norman Joplin, I will be adding this unusual Heco Tinplate Models figure of what appears to be a wounded prisoner of some sort, perhaps even a concentration camp inmate:

Here is the photo:

Attachments

• 2D028030-F602-42DC-A03C-B97B735E4166.jpeg
    2D028030-F602-42DC-A03C-B97B735E4166.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 327
Thanks to the kindness of new friend Mark Keighley attached are some photos of a Heco Steam Engine with a terrific engineer figure carrying an oil can:

Thanks to the kindness of new friend Mark Keighley attached are some photos of a Heco Steam Engine with a terrific engineer figure carrying an oil can:

Whoops, forgot to attach the photos

Attachments

• 72D6DED9-B4DD-4E57-B07C-93561A4D1E88.jpeg
    72D6DED9-B4DD-4E57-B07C-93561A4D1E88.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 9FE64226-68FA-41F1-B885-DB1835E65D28.jpeg
    9FE64226-68FA-41F1-B885-DB1835E65D28.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 375
Here are some photos of the new, and slightly different model, Heco Steam Traction Engine in situ:

Attachments

• Heco Steam Engine 2.jpg
    Heco Steam Engine 2.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Heco Steam Engine 1.jpg
    Heco Steam Engine 1.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 344
Re - the Steam Engine sometimes Louis can be a little economical with the truth as the real kindness was from Louis.

I have just aquired thanks to Louis these two Heco planes which I have slightly modified and repainted to fit in with the other five HECO and one by Alf Blatch that currently make up my collection of HECO planes in the markings of Saxon aces. I hope other collectors of the great HECO Planes will like what I have done.

DSCF0217.jpg DSCF0216.jpg

Pfalz DIIIa - Karl Pech - Jasta 29 - May 1918

DSCF0218.jpg DSCF0219 (1).jpg

Albatros DV - Karl Meckhoff - Jasta 72s - April 1918

Great work, Mark!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool Please post the photos of your other six Saxon Aces' Aircraft.:smile2:

Thanks Louis for all the help and advice. These are the two other Albatros fighters in the collection a HECOs regular DV which was the first model made for me by Tony Williams, and the DIII made by Alf Blatch as to the best of my knowledge Tony never made a DIII unless it was as a one off. To be fair the angles of the photos were deliberately done to be kind to the Blatch as it is not a perfect match to the HECOs but it is the right size and I like it.

DSCF0226.jpg DSCF0227.JPG

Albatros DV - Ernst von Althaus - Jasta 10 - Jul 1917

DSCF0223.jpg DSCF0224.jpg

Albatros DIII - Kurt Schneider - Jasta 5 - Apr 1917

Thanks Louis for all the help and advice. These are the two other Albatros fighters in the collection a HECOs regular DV which was the first model made for me by Tony Williams, and the DIII made by Alf Blatch as to the best of my knowledge Tony never made a DIII unless it was as a one off. To be fair the angles of the photos were deliberately done to be kind to the Blatch as it is not a perfect match to the HECOs but it is the right size and I like it.

View attachment 223076 View attachment 223077

Albatros DV - Ernst von Althaus - Jasta 10 - Jul 1917

View attachment 223075 View attachment 223078

Albatros DIII - Kurt Schneider - Jasta 5 - Apr 1917

I love the figures with the dogs, were they heco too? Sorry if a dumb question, but I would love to find those figures. Great collection!
Tom

Sorry for the bad news but all the figures/dogs are personal conversions using old hollow cast or recast figures the dogs generally come from second hand dealers and toy fairs

Here are two Fokkers with their respective pilots

DSCF0220.jpg DSCF0221.jpg

Fokker DrI - Franz Hemer - Jasta 6 - Mar 1918

DSCF0231.jpg DSCF0232.jpg

Fokker EV - Paul Aue - Jasta 10 - Nov 1918 - Aue was well decorated but small in stature so I used the undersized Crescent Mountie for his figure

The last two are to me the most interesting of the Saxon aces the leading Saxon ace Franz Buchner and Rudolf windisch with his dog Fifi and the SPAD VIIC he may have flown operationally against the French early in 1918

DSCF0228.jpg DSCF0229.jpg

Fokker DVII - Franz Buchner - Jasta 13 - Oct 1918

DSCF0233.jpg DSCF0234.jpg

SPAD VIIC - Rudolf Windisch - Jasta 66? - Jan 1918

I picked up a Pigeon Coop and a couple of British Signals troops by Heco. Photos to follow upon receipt.{sm4}

I picked up a set of Heco Tinplate Models WWII British Infantry from the same seller:

Attachments

• Heco British Infantry Marching with Officer (2).jpg
    Heco British Infantry Marching with Officer (2).jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 472

Users who are viewing this thread

Back