Heco Junkers Diorama 6.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 450
  • Heco Junkers Diorama 7.jpg
    Heco Junkers Diorama 7.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 479
  • Heco Junkers Diorama 8.jpg
    Heco Junkers Diorama 8.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 467
Here are some comparison shots of the Heco Tinplate Models and King & Country 1:32 scale Junkers JU52 models produced in the early to mid-1990's:

Attachments

• Comparison of Heco & K&C Junkers JU52 1.jpg
    Comparison of Heco & K&C Junkers JU52 1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 424
  • Comparison of Heco & K&C Junkers JU52 2.jpg
    Comparison of Heco & K&C Junkers JU52 2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 468
I just swapped a couple of my duplicate CJB Models to good friend Tom Dubel for another RFC Repair Shed (with different figures and details) and these wonderful Heco Heliograph Team and Cooks (Master Gypos) and Campfire sets:

Attachments

• Heco Heliograph and Cooking at Campfire Sets 3.jpg
    Heco Heliograph and Cooking at Campfire Sets 3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Heco Heliograph and Cooking at Campfire Sets 4.jpg
    Heco Heliograph and Cooking at Campfire Sets 4.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 302
Here are some photos of the more detailed version of the RFC Motor Mechanics Repair Shop, which has full interior details, such as work benches, tools, materials and posters, unlike the two I already have:

Attachments

• Heco RFC Repair Shed 1.jpg
    Heco RFC Repair Shed 1.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 310
  • Heco RFC Repair Shed 3.jpg
    Heco RFC Repair Shed 3.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Heco RFC Repair Shed 4.jpg
    Heco RFC Repair Shed 4.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 313
  • Heco RFC Repair Shed 5.jpg
    Heco RFC Repair Shed 5.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Heco RFC Repair Shed 6.jpg
    Heco RFC Repair Shed 6.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 343
The vagaries of collecting HECO - over the last few weeks two HECO Fokkers have appeared on E-Bay the first a EV/DVIII Monoplane attracted loads of bids and finally sold for $590 (£450), the next week an all red Triplane went on sale for $200 (£150) and did not receive a single bid. Funny how a plane that played virtually no part in WWI and in spurious markings is worth 4X the value of a noted plane in the markings of the war's leading ace - the law of supply and demand - but I bet there are a few confused sellers.

The vagaries of collecting HECO - over the last few weeks two HECO Fokkers have appeared on E-Bay the first a EV/DVIII Monoplane attracted loads of bids and finally sold for $590 (£450), the next week an all red Triplane went on sale for $200 (£150) and did not receive a single bid. Funny how a plane that played virtually no part in WWI and in spurious markings is worth 4X the value of a noted plane in the markings of the war's leading ace - the law of supply and demand - but I bet there are a few confused sellers.

Mark,

Heco prices have been all over the place recently. I can remember when any Heco item on eBay sold for about half of original retail. Now Heco items often go for 2-3 times original retail, while other items remain a bargain. There is no rhyme or reason to auction sale prices as far as I can see. All you need is two collectors with deep pockets wanting a particular item and the sky becomes the limit.

But as I mentioned, I picked up around 10 Heco warbirds for around original retail, and I will post photos of them upon receipt. If you need any of them, all you need to do is ask, and you can have them for what I paid for them.

Regards,

Louis

HECO Plane Dimensions

I am hoping that other owners of HECO planes may be able to provide me with the dimensions of two HECO models.

I am looking for the length, wingspan and wing width (cord) of the Fokker Eindecker 'EIII' (not the later high wing Fokker EV / DVIII). Also could it be confirmed if the cowling is the of same dimensions as other models with rotary engines I assume so as all appear to have the same six cylinder engine.

Also the length and wingspan of a standard HECO single seat Biplane. I do have one but I significantly modified it and so do not know how much I changed the dimensions.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Re: HECO Plane Dimensions

I am hoping that other owners of HECO planes may be able to provide me with the dimensions of two HECO models.

I am looking for the length, wingspan and wing width (cord) of the Fokker Eindecker 'EIII' (not the later high wing Fokker EV / DVIII). Also could it be confirmed if the cowling is the of same dimensions as other models with rotary engines I assume so as all appear to have the same six cylinder engine.

Also the length and wingspan of a standard HECO single seat Biplane. I do have one but I significantly modified it and so do not know how much I changed the dimensions.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Mark,

I will take the measurements, and e-mail you photos with the tape measure in place.

Regards,

Louis

I just picked up this really special Heco Spad from another member of this forum:

Attachments

• Heco Spad 1.jpg
    Heco Spad 1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 318
  • Heco Spad 2.jpg
    Heco Spad 2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Heco Spad 3.jpg
    Heco Spad 3.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 293
  • Heco Spad 4.jpg
    Heco Spad 4.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 307
Thanks Louis

The measurements would be appreciated as was your last tip - I will email you tomorrow for more details

I nearly forgot

When Tony made a SPAD it really was one of his best models and this one is no different - congratulations on a great scoop

I nearly forgot

When Tony made a SPAD it really was one of his best models and this one is no different - congratulations on a great scoop

Thanks Mark! This is my third Spad, I have a Lafayette Escadrille version and a 94th Aero Squadron (Hat in the Ring) version.

All great models and I think when we first conversed I related the story behind the 'Hat in the Ring' Spad

Here are some photos of the RFC Motor Mechanics Repair Shed I recently obtained from good friend Tom Dubel and the Spad I recently obtained from new friend Eduardo::salute::

Attachments

• Heco RFC Shed and Spad 3.jpg
    Heco RFC Shed and Spad 3.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 301
  • Heco RFC Shed and Spad 2.jpg
    Heco RFC Shed and Spad 2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Heco RFC Shed and Spad 1.jpg
    Heco RFC Shed and Spad 1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 316
I may be purchasing another Heco JU52 in different markings, photos to follow when the purchase is finalized.😎😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back