Heco Tinplate Models (3 Viewers)

I may be purchasing another Heco JU52 in different markings, photos to follow when the purchase is finalized.😎😎

Looks like the deal is done. Here are the photos:

Attachments

• Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 1.jpeg
    Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 1.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 427
  • Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 2.jpeg
    Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 2.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 407
  • Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 3.jpeg
    Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 3.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 404
  • Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 4.jpeg
    Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 4.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 400
  • Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 5.jpeg
    Heco Junkers JU52 Silver markings 5.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 406
Al,

I have a bunch of new duplicates. If you want a couple pm me your e-mail and I’ll send you some photos.

Louis

My new HECO Albatrod DIII (OAW) 1

Thanks to the heads up from Louis I was able to purchase from Egonzinc a really beautiful HECO Albatros DV. Having seen the pictures I thought this was going to be the best opportunity to add a HECO Albatros DIII to the Saxon Aces collection.

Here are two pictures of my purchase others can still be seen in the for sale section HECO Albatros for Sale.

414224535.jpg

414224536.jpg

Last edited:
My new HECO Albatrod DIII (OAW) 2

Once the model arrived I was able to carry out the required changes without difficulty I chose to make it an OAW so I need not change the rudder and made minor some upgrades to bring it in line with my other HECO planes. The hardest part was the painting as both the Saxon aces who flew the DIII (OAW) had lozenge covered wings rather than the easier mauve /green scheme. I hope Eduardo does not mind the changes I made to his lovely plane.

HECO Albatros DIII (OAW) Günther Dobberke Jasta 45 April 1918

DSCF0356.jpg DSCF0353.jpg DSCF0352.jpg

I now have three HECO Albatros models DVa, DV and DIII (OAW) and a DII by Alf Blatch. Here is the line up and close up of the aces.

DSCF0349.jpg DSCF0351.jpg

Re: My new HECO Albatrod DIII (OAW) 2

Once the model arrived I was able to carry out the required changes without difficulty I chose to make it an OAW so I need not change the rudder and made minor some upgrades to bring it in line with my other HECO planes. The hardest part was the painting as both the Saxon aces who flew the DIII (OAW) had lozenge covered wings rather than the easier mauve /green scheme. I hope Eduardo does not mind the changes I made to his lovely plane.

HECO Albatros DIII (OAW) Günther Dobberke Jasta 45 April 1918

View attachment 252017 View attachment 252018 View attachment 252019

I now have three HECO Albatros models DVa, DV and DIII (OAW) and a DII by Alf Blatch. Here is the line up and close up of the aces.

View attachment 252021 View attachment 252020
Your lozenge camo job is superb. That's quite an impressive display of Albatri, all with outstanding livery. :salute:: -- Al

Thanks to the generosity of Mark (Saxon Lions), who was kind enough to give me a Heco Fokker DR1 in markings I had not previously seen (green with a black tail and orange on the rear portions of the top wings), which arrived safely today, I will be posting some photos as soon as my back is feeling up to going upstairs.:salute::

Mark, I am sending you a Heco standard single seat biplane in tomorrows post.:smile2:

Very cool! Those are some amazing planes and the paint job is top notch!

Thanks for sharing

My Favourite Five HECO Models

As it has been a while since we had any new posts on the thread I thought I would start the ball rolling by nominating my favourite five HECO models from my collection. At present I have just 14 HECO models so limiting the choice to five is easier than it may be for Louis to limit his choice to just twenty. I have always thought that if when you add a new model to your collection if it does not immediately become one of your favourites then it will forever be in the background of your collection, conversely some models will always remain as favourites sometimes for bizarre reasons.

1. SPAD VII. (thread 1279) The last model made for me by Tony and from the minute I opened the package it was and remains the most beautiful HECO model I have set eyes on (and the only DVII rather than the usual DXIII)
2. Albatros DIII (OAW) (thread 1387) I cannot thank Louis enough for the 'heads up' pointing me in the direction of egonzinc's sale. To date the best Albatros I have seen by HECO.
3. Sopwith Triplane (thread 1317) Simply a beautiful and accurate model which looks good in the German markings recommended by Wingnut Wings.
4. Fokker DVII (thread 1279) My second HECO it looks good recently repainted in the light grey markings of Karl Schlegel on the Not HECO but maybe Tin Toys thread (2).
5. Pfalz DIIIa (thread 1292) Possibly not one of the best HECOs I have, but I always wanted a model of this beautiful WWI plane and thanks to Louis this is it.

If I turn to Louis' amazing collection whilst the Ju 52 (1361) is amazing but my favourites are the Glouster Gladiator (256), the red Junkers CLII (897) and the recently acquired SPAD XIII (1371). Although I do not collect AFVs the HECO Tiger Tank although not rare is quite a model (192).

Here,s hoping for some response.

Last edited:
All excellent choices, Mark.

I think my five favorites are, in no particular order, the Observation Balloon, the Field Hospital, the Junkers JU52, the Hawker Hurricane, and the V2 Rocket Base.

My favorite Heco Tinplate Model, which I do not own, is the WWI German Gunboat. I would pay anything to add that to my collection.

Fokker DII - the HECO Conversion that Became a Scratch Build

The Fokker DII was unsurprisingly an unsuccessful biplane version of the Fokker Eindecker given that it incorporated the already obsolete engine and wing warping system of the latter and was never going to be a candidate for Tony Williams to add to his HECO stable. Although only some 200 DIIs reached the front, last year I discovered that the minor Saxon ace the 6 victory Erich Hahn (a personal favourite as like me he was both follically and vertically challenged) had flown and may have scored his first victory in the the DII whist with Jasta 1.

640px-Fokker_D._II_3_vues.jpg

My intention was to convert a HECO standard single seat biplane as I had done for my Pfalz DXII, however, having acquired the desired HECO model thanks to Louis I discovered it was an Early Heco and as such much smaller than the one used for my previous conversion. I realised if I continued with the conversion that there would be nothing left of the original HECO so I determined that this would be the spur to make my first complete scratch built model which would be in HECO style and as close as possible to the DII.

DSCF0367a.jpg

The original HECO biplane with the completed DII. Although not a big plane the DII is somewhat larger.

DSCF0368a.jpg DSCF0369.jpg

The completed model made from tin,brass, aluminium, Copper pipe and copious amounts of filler with Erich Hahn converted from a recast Britains' figure of the bemedelled officer. I hope forumites will think I have achieved both goals.

I have also completed the changes required to my recently acquired Tin Toys Eindecker to bring it into line with the rest of my collection and this appears on the not HECO but Tin Toys thread.

Nice! I'm off to the West Coaster this morning where I got my first HECO a decade ago. Hoping luck will strike again with another or perhaps a Tin Toy.

Bosun Al

Its been a while since I've found any new Heco, but I have a lead on something special . . . :wink2:

Thanks to the help of good friend John Firth, I just agreed to purchase this fantastic Heco Feisler Storch, which will be displayed with my Heco Junkers JU52:

Attachments

• Heco Fiesler Storch 4.jpg
    Heco Fiesler Storch 4.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Heco Fiesler Storch 5.jpg
    Heco Fiesler Storch 5.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Heco Fiesler Storch 6.jpg
    Heco Fiesler Storch 6.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 218
You know, I never got around to posting a photo of the Heco V-1 Buzz Bomb Launch Ramp Diorama, which I display alongside the V2 Rocket Base Diorama. Here it is:

Attachments

• Heco Launch Diorama 1.jpg
    Heco Launch Diorama 1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 205
My son, who is a much better photographer, took a few shots of some of our Heco collection:

Attachments

• Alec's Photos 4.jpg
    Alec's Photos 4.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Alec's Photos 10.jpg
    Alec's Photos 10.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 535
  • Alec's Photos 3.jpg
    Alec's Photos 3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 222

Users who are viewing this thread

Back