Heco Tinplate Models (2 Viewers)

No problem Louis
I was going to ask you but I thought you already had one
Can you pm your address and I will get it over to you
Regards Scott

Thanks again Scott, that was very kind of you.:smile2: I PM'd you my address.

Louis . . . As you know, I picked up the HECO general service biplane from eBay. Unfortunately, there were a few issues with the fuselage struts, but I was able to fix those with a little patience and a pair of pliers. However, one tire is missing and I'm not sure how to handle that. My initial thought is to check out rubber grommets next time I visit the hardware store. Do you have any other suggestions?

Another point of interest; I note that both the fuselage and wing are stamped "GEW & Son" rather than "HECO". Is there any significance to this such as where it fits into the production run (i.e., early or late)?

Al

Al,

I don't really have any suggestions with regard to the missing tire. Are you sure it is GEW & Son instead of TEW & Son? The owners of Heco are Tony E. Williams and Adele Moore.

Louis . . . As you know, I picked up the HECO general service biplane from eBay. Unfortunately, there were a few issues with the fuselage struts, but I was able to fix those with a little patience and a pair of pliers. However, one tire is missing and I'm not sure how to handle that. My initial thought is to check out rubber grommets next time I visit the hardware store. Do you have any other suggestions?

Another point of interest; I note that both the fuselage and wing are stamped "GEW & Son" rather than "HECO". Is there any significance to this such as where it fits into the production run (i.e., early or late)?

Al

Al,
Search eBay for Matchbox replacement tires, or Tootsie Toy replacement tires, Corgi replacement tires. You should be able to pick tires of size you need based on inner and outter diameter measurements. Replace both tires so they would look identical.
Al

Al

Check out the O rings in the plumbing section

Picked up this Heco Torpedo Bomber on ebay for a song today:

Attachments

• Heco Torpedo Bomber 1.jpg
    Heco Torpedo Bomber 1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 277
  • Heco Torpedo Bomber 2.jpg
    Heco Torpedo Bomber 2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Heco Torpedo Bomber 3.jpg
    Heco Torpedo Bomber 3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 298

Louis, I was watching this piece, but I am not a fan of his silver stuff. Intoxicated by his glossy color models instead. Nice pickup, as the Heco pickings have become slim to none, lately..Michael

Louis, I was watching this piece, but I am not a fan of his silver stuff. Intoxicated by his glossy color models instead. Nice pickup, as the Heco pickings have become slim to none, lately..Michael

The pickings have been slim lately, but that's they way things are sometimes in this hobby. Who knows, next week someone could put an entire collection of Heco on eBay.

Just found a HECO vehicle on eBay . . . HECO #17 TIN GENERAL PURPOSE MOTOR LORRY for $225. Above my means, but perhaps one of you can get it.

Was disappointed not to discover any HECOs at the West Coaster . . . maybe next time!

Bosun Al

Just found a HECO vehicle on eBay . . . HECO #17 TIN GENERAL PURPOSE MOTOR LORRY for $225. Above my means, but perhaps one of you can get it.

Was disappointed not to discover any HECOs at the West Coaster . . . maybe next time!

Bosun Al

I did see that and it is a fair price, but I have decided to stay with Heco aircraft and Metal Shed vehicles. Metal Shed vehicles are not compatible with Heco as they are noticeably larger in size..Michael

Hello guys
I was looking through all my old catalogues and found a brand new price list and photos of the heco tinplate ,[CATALOGUE] still in plastic folder
let me know if any one would like
Regards Scott:salute::

Scott,

Just wanted to say thank you again, and let you know that the catalogue arrived safely.:smile2:

Just picked up a really nice late production Sopwith Camel in Royal Navy Markings for a very reasonable buy it now:

Attachments

• Heco Sopwith Camel 1.jpg
    Heco Sopwith Camel 1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Heco Sopwith Camel 2.jpg
    Heco Sopwith Camel 2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 294
  • Heco Sopwith Camel 4.jpg
    Heco Sopwith Camel 4.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 205

The Torpedo plane was stuck in customs for three weeks, but finally delivered yesterday. I will take and post some photos of it and the new late production Sopwith Camel later today.:smile2:

The Torpedo plane was stuck in customs for three weeks, but finally delivered yesterday. I will take and post some photos of it and the new late production Sopwith Camel later today.:smile2:

You must be getting a reputation with the Customs authorities {eek3}

You must be getting a reputation with the Customs authorities {eek3}

I did think it was kind of weird that two different toy soldier related packages were stuck in customs simultaneously . . . I started to think one of our fellow collectors got a job as a customs agent, and we were all in big trouble!{eek3}^&grin

Major score today, thanks to good friend Doug Luna!:smile2: Doug found a collector in California with this Heco Observation Balloon diorama^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool (an item I have wanted for some time), a Heco De Haviland Tiger Moth (another plane I have long had on my want list), and a Heco DH2. Photos of all three items will be posted upon receipt.

Attachments

• Heco Balloon Diorama.jpg
    Heco Balloon Diorama.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 213
Major score today, thanks to good friend Doug Luna!:smile2: Doug found a collector in California with this Heco Observation Balloon diorama^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool (an item I have wanted for some time), a Heco De Haviland Tiger Moth (another plane I have long had on my want list), and a Heco DH2. Photos of all three items will be posted upon receipt.

Great find Louis {bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back