Heritage Camel Corps (1 Viewer)

Those are lovely figures. Just want to know whether they will fit with the current WB and JJ sets of the same era? Does anyone have some comparison pics. Ken Jackson did say that they were compatible.

I've seen them next to britains at Ken's show room. I thought they were a similar size.

Martin

Well ... I e-mailed this guy, Mark Moriarty, 3 days ago: still no answer. The same story like with Maison Military just different twist: this guy is located in the US. I guess he is busy as well...
Do not get me wrong but it's quite annoying to say at least ...why advertise your products if you can not deliver? :( It's seems that the only way to buy this stuff: is to go to the London Show and pay cash at the MM table :)
I can built a fully operational on-line TS store in 2 weeks! Maybe I should be your US distributor:D Let me know...
Al

Surely though, other manufacturers show figures months before they are actualy ready to buy, sometimes even in an unpainted state.:D I believe the pictures were put up here because collectors had been asking to see figures and also about whether they would be available from the U.S.

Martin

Surely though, other manufacturers show figures months before they are actualy ready to buy, sometimes even in an unpainted state.:D I believe the pictures were put up here because collectors had been asking to see figures and also about whether they would be available from the U.S.

Martin

Martin,
What may be puzzling to some of us is that the first post in this thread says that these figures are "now available." To me, that says that we can contact the dealer now and order the figures. If there is any other meaning to "now available," then I would be confused. Chris

This is probably a dumb question since it's in the matte section but I assume these are not glossy.

Martin,
Thank you for your input...These pictures are from the London show in June, so I guess they are "available" now... My point is the following: if your received my e-mail and was not ready: just write a quick reply telling me that the list will be sent to me shortly...that is it..very simple. :)
I could have sold thousands MM figures for the time the MM web site has not been operational :) ... I even offered Ken to fix his web site and still no answer :rolleyes:
In regards to showing "unpainted" figures: JJ always delivers their products.. :D IMHO...
Al

Martin,
Thank you for your input...These pictures are from the London show in June, so I guess they are "available" now... My point is the following: if your received my e-mail and was not ready: just write a quick reply telling me that the list will be sent to me shortly...that is it..very simple. :)
I could have sold thousands MM figures for the time the MM web site has not been operational :) ... I even offered Ken to fix his web site and still no answer :rolleyes:
In regards to showing "unpainted" figures: JJ always delivers their products.. :D IMHO...
Al

Fair enough!:D

Martin

Martin,
What may be puzzling to some of us is that the first post in this thread says that these figures are "now available." To me, that says that we can contact the dealer now and order the figures. If there is any other meaning to "now available," then I would be confused. Chris

I missed that!:D

I'm sorry for any delay. We are a small British family company and the figures are in no way mass produced. Unfortunatly the first three batches of Naval Camel Corp and the first batch of Camel Corps sold out! More are being made as I write this.

Alex

These figures seem to have drawn a lot of interest and I'm wondering why. After all, Little Legion, Britains and Jenkins are making them. There's something about that seems to have resonated with collectors. Maybe it's because of the number or variety of different figures. To me, they remind me of Trophy, even though they're seemingly matte. Perhaps it's just something new. I don't know if I would say fresh because other companies are doing this historical period, as noted above.

Maybe, in the end, people just want a traditional toy soldier and this company reminds them of that.

However, it's definitely something that has got us humming :)

These figures seem to have drawn a lot of interest and I'm wondering why. After all, Little Legion, Britains and Jenkins are making them. There's something about that seems to have resonated with collectors. Maybe it's because of the number or variety of different figures. To me, they remind me of Trophy, even though they're seemingly matte. Perhaps it's just something new. I don't know if I would say fresh because other companies are doing this historical period, as noted above.

Maybe, in the end, people just want a traditional toy soldier and this company reminds them of that.

Brad,

Andy (UK BOD) and myself were very impressed with the whole range having seen these in the flesh so to speak at the last two London shows :cool:. There is a very varied selection to choose from, and whilst the painted detail and shading isn’t quite the same standard as JJD and WB the pricing certainly has a great advantage. They deserve to do well.

Jeff

I'm sorry for any delay. We are a small British family company and the figures are in no way mass produced. Unfortunatly the first three batches of Naval Camel Corp and the first batch of Camel Corps sold out! More are being made as I write this.

Alex
Thank you for a prompt reply, Alex ...Please do not get me wrong, we love your products, nothing personal just business:)
Little Legion is a small British company as well, they have their web site operational and always answer e-mails quickly...it takes in a while to get your orders from them (because they are not a mass production neither ) but they always come perfectly packed...
Well, I hope to see you in March, can not make it to the December show :(
Al

Exactly my feeling , Brad.
I would prefer to have these figures in gloss and would change mounted sailors facial expression as well :)
I also always wonder how many times can you beat a dead horse to death (making the same Sudan, AZW etc. figures). Trophy was great in creating new ideas even for the "old" ranges...what we see today very often is just "copying" of old Trophy ideas...more gun boats, Arab dhows, camels...very sad..
and all they need to do: read old copies of "Illustrated London News" as Martyn did.:D
Al

Gents,

Just spoke to Ken and have pre-ordered the Camel Corps for London show. There should be more stuff coming out at the show and the CC releases are/will be in the latest TS Collector mag.

The figures are sold separately and are boxed in flats with tissue.

I will certainly photo as much as I see at London as will probably Jeff in his report. At present they are £15 for dismounted.

Any questions, I'll ask the man on the day.

Jeff, I broke like a dried twig (again).

Andy

Gents,

Just spoke to Ken and have pre-ordered the Camel Corps for London show. There should be more stuff coming out at the show and the CC releases are/will be in the latest TS Collector mag.

The figures are sold separately and are boxed in flats with tissue.

I will certainly photo as much as I see at London as will probably Jeff in his report. At present they are £15 for dismounted.

Any questions, I'll ask the man on the day.

Jeff, I broke like a dried twig (again).

Andy

Wimp! :p:D:D:D:D:D..........but I look forward to seeing them! :cool:

Jeff

There is nothing Wimpish is buying Toy Soldiers mister!!!!:p

Andy

Exactly my feeling , Brad.
I would prefer to have these figures in gloss and would change mounted sailors facial expression as well :)
I also always wonder how many times can you beat a dead horse to death (making the same Sudan, AZW etc. figures). Trophy was great in creating new ideas even for the "old" ranges...what we see today very often is just "copying" of old Trophy ideas...more gun boats, Arab dhows, camels...very sad..
and all they need to do: read old copies of "Illustrated London News" as Martyn did.:D
Al

All figures are available in gloss to order, although they are bigger than traditional gloss figures. As to the poses, the range has to have a foundation of standard poses to start with but we are no where near finished! As you may know Maison Militaire now owns Trophy of Wales so if we just wanted our figures to look like Trophy we would just make Trophy! :D Hopfully I can post some pictures of our other ranges soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back