Heritage Camel Corps (5 Viewers)

Thanasis,

Great pictures, very nice....do consider adding your Sudan set pics to the Victoria Little Wars group album so that all of us that enjoy seeing sets from that period - and the great changes in warefare of the period can enjoy them and others in a one see all spot. I personally enjoy very much this period because it is when we see the great changes in the way the armies would do battle in the future.....rifled artillery, magazine rifles, machineguns being introduced, the drop of the colourful uniforms in exchange of the khaki so as to avoid standing out in the batlefiled, marching into battle with Regimental Flags etc...phasing out.....and may other changes in tactics etc.......

Gents,

Just my little contribution to the Sudan campaign. Hope to get a few more Heritage/JJD and Britains figures at the March London Show.

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_8113.JPG
    IMG_8113.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 219
Gents,

Just my little contribution to the Sudan campaign. Hope to get a few more Heritage/JJD and Britains figures at the March London Show.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Great picture, very nice....do consider adding your Sudan set pics to the Victoria Little Wars group album so that all of us that enjoy seeing sets from that period - and the great changes in warefare of the period can enjoy them and others in a one see all spot. I personally enjoy very much this period because it is when we see the great changes in the way the armies would do battle in the future.....rifled artillery, magazine rifles, machineguns being introduced, the drop of the colourful uniforms in exchange of the khaki so as to avoid standing out in the batlefiled, marching into battle with Regimental Flags etc...phasing out.....and may other changes in tactics etc.......
Regards,
Artillery_Crazy

I think the Heritage line is great, the only photos I have seen are in various TOY SOLDIER COLLECTOR magazines, but its been enough for me to buy the mounted figures largely missing from the other TS makers to date, being Britain's and JJD. Cheers, Robin.

Hi Villagehorse,
Great picture, very nice....do consider adding your Sudan set pics to the Victoria Little Wars group album so that all of us that enjoy seeing sets from that period - and the great changes in warefare of the period can enjoy them and others in a one see all spot. I personally enjoy very much this period because it is when we see the great changes in the way the armies would do battle in the future.....rifled artillery, magazine rifles, machineguns being introduced, the drop of the colourful uniforms in exchange of the khaki so as to avoid standing out in the batlefiled, marching into battle with Regimental Flags etc...phasing out.....and may other changes in tactics etc.......
Regards,
Artillery_Crazy

....and the other three.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Great pictures, very nice....do consider adding your Sudan set pics to the Victoria Little Wars group album so that all of us that enjoy seeing sets from that period - and the great changes in warefare of the period can enjoy them and others in a one see all spot. I personally enjoy very much this period because it is when we see the great changes in the way the armies would do battle in the future.....rifled artillery, magazine rifles, machineguns being introduced, the drop of the colourful uniforms in exchange of the khaki so as to avoid standing out in the batlefiled, marching into battle with Regimental Flags etc...phasing out.....and may other changes in tactics etc.......
Artillery_Crazy

Hello to everybody. I am back with two pictures of Heriage display from the last London Show. You can see the new marching Sudan figures. Highlanders, British, Indians, Australians; a perfect column on tis way to save Gordon. Maison 2.JPGMaison 1.JPG

Has anyone had any luck ordering the mounted camel corps or naval bgde figs in the US?
Thanks
Chris

i'd love to just see some pics of the line...catalog style....anyone?

Chris,
One has really struggle to obtain these figures. The North American contact is weak on email, however, I received an reply from MM which included a price list and scans of new mounted troops. See below.
Cheers,
Benjamin
P.S. The pdf file is the price list.

Attachments

• Heritage Colonial.pdf
    18.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Heritage Colonial 1.jpg
    Heritage Colonial 1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Heritage Colonial 2.jpg
    Heritage Colonial 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Chris,
One has really struggle to obtain these figures. The North American contact is weak on email, however, I received an reply from MM which included a price list and scans of new mounted troops. See below.
Cheers,
Benjamin
Hi Benjamin,
If its not too much trouble, can you email me the scans from the magazine? If you PM me, I'll let you have my email address.

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,
I reduced the size of the files for posting on treefrogtreasures. Do you have a non treefrogtreasure email? Each scan is about 3 mb in size.
Benjamin
Or
email me at benjaminasaidel@gmail.com

Hi Benjamin,
If its not too much trouble, can you email me the scans from the magazine? If you PM me, I'll let you have my email address.

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,
I reduced the size of the files for posting on treefrogtreasures. Do you have a non treefrogtreasure email? Each scan is about 3 mb in size.
Benjamin
Or
email me at benjaminasaidel@gmail.com

Hi Benjamin,

I went back to my Toy Collector Magazine and found a few more pages with artilces related to Maison Militaire and the Heritage line.
Pitty Ken does not have photos line these on his site to help us chose our orders...

Sorry guys for some reason the articles were loaded with the reading going from right to left.........small adjustment......:eek::rolleyes:

Heritage Colonial series article 2.jpgHeritage Colonial series article 1 001 - Cópia.jpgHeritage Colonial series article 7.jpgHeritage Colonial series article 6.jpgHeritage Colonial series article 8.jpg

Chris,
Cheers,
Benjamin

Benjamin, thanks for the info and quick reply. :smile2: I'm really interested in obtaining some of the mounted figs. Hope I can get a response from MM.
Chris

Benjamin, thanks for the info and quick reply. :smile2: I'm really interested in obtaining some of the mounted figs. Hope I can get a response from MM.
Chris

Chris,
You are welcome. Let me know how it goes. I will probably place an order with MM in April.
Cheers,
Benjamin

Chris,
You are welcome. Let me know how it goes. I will probably place an order with MM in April.
Cheers,
Benjamin

Hi Guys,
The price list and the pictures are the best way to go....unfortunately the Maison Militaire web site unfortunately does not carry photos of their own sets......why I do not know.....but once you access the Heritage thread here in the forum you will have a great chance to see most of the very detailed and extended series dealing with the Sudan/Northwestern Frontier British and Indian and Fuzzt Wizzy sets...............
Another great source for pictures is the Toy Soldier Collector Magazines staritng from edition 34 ( I guess ) when there are artcles about the referred series. Pitty we do not have access to the whole series due to the falulty web site, I have been said that Ken ( 0wner of Maison Militaire ) has many other sets and WW1 sets that I also would love to see.Has a very nice gardner machinegun set also...pitty no artillery to provide the Regiments with some punch......
Tips: I have recently places and order with Maison Militaire. How I proceeded: (1) Checked the thread as Robin has advised, (2) copied pictures of the sets I wanted, (3) e-mailed them to Ken and asked for a quote.........Long route and now the sets are in the mail......look forward to add them to my Victoria Little Wars collections soon...........
Regards,
Artillery_Crazy

The main reason for the problems with the site is that Ken isn't big on computers so was sold a dud! I know there will be some argument over that from the people that set the site up, but the fact is it doesn't do what it was supposed to. It has only recently been realised that the "contact us" button isn't sending through e-mails. Ken has had three other web designers take a look, with no joy. As he said if it had just cost a couple of hundred quid, he'd start again. So bare with him it will be sorted (eventually). In the mean time e-mail Ken directly and he'll send details.

Martin

p.s. There's more new stuff at the next London show

Any clues Martin?

I'll be there taking photos again, and will try and take close-ups of his entire Heritage line. I'll post them all on this thread.

I usually pick up a goody bag from Ken and hope to pick up a few more Camel Corps figures as well.

Rgds

Andy

Any clues Martin?

I'll be there taking photos again, and will try and take close-ups of his entire Heritage line. I'll post them all on this thread.

I usually pick up a goody bag from Ken and hope to pick up a few more Camel Corps figures as well.

Rgds

Andy

Hi Andy,

Count on your pictures to get to know of the new releases from Ken and the others.........

Rgds

Artillery_Crazy

The main reason for the problems with the site is that Ken isn't big on computers so was sold a dud! I know there will be some argument over that from the people that set the site up, but the fact is it doesn't do what it was supposed to. It has only recently been realised that the "contact us" button isn't sending through e-mails. Ken has had three other web designers take a look, with no joy. As he said if it had just cost a couple of hundred quid, he'd start again. So bare with him it will be sorted (eventually). In the mean time e-mail Ken directly and he'll send details.

Martin

p.s. There's more new stuff at the next London show

Hi Martin,
Perhaps Ken could setup a store on EBAY.Co Uk.
Benjamin

Any clues Martin?

Rgds

Andy

More horses.

Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back