Heritage Camel Corps (2 Viewers)

Hi Chris,

My pleasure......Yes I think standard bearers are in due time now......Ken should consider that!
Let us all send him a quick note, for that would be a complement to the proposed Regimental colourful set ups.

Regards,

Luiz

Which standard do you want. There were no actual regimental standards carried. Although there is evidence that the Naval Brigade carried a White Ensign and the four Camel Corps regiments ( Guards,Heavy,Light and Mounted Infantry) possibly carried a Union Flag.

Martion

Which standard do you want. There were no actual regimental standards carried. Although there is evidence that the Naval Brigade carried a White Ensign and the four Camel Corps regiments ( Guards,Heavy,Light and Mounted Infantry) possibly carried a Union Flag.

Martion

Hi Martion,

It would be nice if we could have for the Naval Brigade the option of a White Ensign, and for the Line Infantry the chance of having always two, the Queens Colours and the Regimental Standard.....If needed let me know and I can send you a few Regimental banners over the e-mail from which to copy. John ( Obee ) did a great job recently on one for me....see attached. I had a standard that had to be painted and chose with John that it would be the Irish Fusiliers, so from the art work came the attached final product......fantastic.

Cheers

LuizRIF Flag.jpg091.JPG

Hi Martion,

It would be nice if we could have for the Naval Brigade the option of a White Ensign, and for the Line Infantry the chance of having always two, the Queens Colours and the Regimental Standard.....If needed let me know and I can send you a few Regimental banners over the e-mail from which to copy. John ( Obee ) did a great job recently on one for me....see attached. I had a standard that had to be painted and chose with John that it would be the Irish Fusiliers, so from the art work came the attached final product......fantastic.

Cheers

LuizView attachment 93052View attachment 93051

Thank you, I think I have enough references. Although not historicaly accurate a pair of colours can always be made if wanted. There are some already made for other ranges, that would fit in nicely.

Martin

Thank you, I think I have enough references. Although not historicaly accurate a pair of colours can always be made if wanted. There are some already made for other ranges, that would fit in nicely.

Martin

Hi Martin,
I missed that it was you making the reference on the colours.......Yes, I agree that Regiments portarited by MM no longer field colours into battle, I do not recall the exact date, only that it was after the Zulu War....but a small deviation would be nice ( colourful! )......
Could you show the type of soldier that would carry the standards? I would be inclined to commit a slight historical mistake for the sake adding this additional figure to the set.....they are all fantastic by the way congrats to you and Ken!! Any idea of some artillery to be added to the series?
After all your help I was able to work out with Ken the sets I picture here in the thread.....
Regards,
Luiz

Martin

Hi Martin, I'd like a mounted Camel Corps fig with Union Jack. SHould I just include that request in my next order to Ken?

Thanks
Chris

Hi Martin,
I missed that it was you making the reference on the colours.......Yes, I agree that Regiments portarited by MM no longer field colours into battle, I do not recall the exact date, only that it was after the Zulu War....but a small deviation would be nice ( colourful! )......
Could you show the type of soldier that would carry the standards? I would be inclined to commit a slight historical mistake for the sake adding this additional figure to the set.....they are all fantastic by the way congrats to you and Ken!! Any idea of some artillery to be added to the series?
After all your help I was able to work out with Ken the sets I picture here in the thread.....
Regards,
Luiz

There are already regimental colours made that would fit in nicely. Guns for various ranges are on their way. Have you seen the WW1 German galloping gun team with the FK96na?

Martin

There are already regimental colours made that would fit in nicely. Guns for various ranges are on their way. Have you seen the WW1 German galloping gun team with the FK96na?

Martin

Hi Martin,
No I have not, I have thou seen in the thread the one being attacked by British Lancers.
Let me know how can I see the figure that would carry the colours so that I can chose the Line Regimental Colours to pick. Also keep us posted on the guns for the Colonial Range....
Cheers
Luiz

Hi everybody!

Since WWI figures form Hertitage were mentioned, I am sending a few more photos of my collection: a) London Scotish; the first territorial unit in action during WWI. There six figures missing, but I hope I'll get them in June London Show, b) British Lancers, c) German 7,5 mm gun under attack. The Sudan Campaing Gardner machine gun, with Royal Navy crew is shown in a previous attachment.
View attachment 89100View attachment 89101View attachment 89102

I am not familiar with these figures but am really enjoying looking at all these fantastic collections

I am not familiar with these figures but am really enjoying looking at all these fantastic collections
They are fantastic and with a level of detail that will surprise you........try them out! If you enjoy dioramas from the Victoria Little Wars period ...... this is a rich field for your imagination.....
Artillery_Crazy

Hi Martin,
Regards,
Luiz

Guys,

Made a historical blunder.....the last time the British army carried its colours into battle was on February 27, 1881 at the battle of Manjuba.....when only 180 Boers, mostly young farm boys, assaulted a seemingly impregnable position held by 554 regular soldiers ans sailors commanded by one of the British army´s brightest generals and completely routed them. The British casualties were 93 killed, 133 wounded and 58taken prisioner; Boer Losses were one killed and five wounded....
The reason for this being the last time the colours were carried into battle ....Having failed to clear the Boer positions at Laing´s Nek the 58th Regiment were forced to retrive. During the retreat the Colours provided a tempting target for Boer marksmen......Not to mention the Scarlet Red Tunics!
The intersting part being that while the 58th "decked" the famous red tunics ( fantastic target to the Boer Mausers ), the Artillery were in the traditional Blue ...but firing from unprotected positions.....so sharing the same fate of the 58th.....the 92nd Highlanders already had khaki tunics!
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

Hi All, I took a stab at adding some Colonial Heritage sets to a Stadden group,Britians and TAW......The experiment came out great...specially if you use the Shiks and assume you are in the Northewestern Frontier of in Palestine...see the pics...more at my albums in my profile....

Attachments

• IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2591.JPG
    IMG_2591.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2589.JPG
    IMG_2589.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2586.JPG
    IMG_2586.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2584.JPG
    IMG_2584.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 191
Hi All, I took a stab at adding some Colonial Heritage sets to a Stadden group,Britians and TAW......The experiment came out great...specially if you use the Shiks and assume you are in the Northewestern Frontier of in Palestine...see the pics...more at my albums in my profile....

more

Attachments

• IMG_2576.JPG
    IMG_2576.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2580.JPG
    IMG_2580.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2581.JPG
    IMG_2581.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2582.JPG
    IMG_2582.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 192

Attachments

• IMG_2551.JPG
    IMG_2551.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2555.JPG
    IMG_2555.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2565.JPG
    IMG_2565.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2572.JPG
    IMG_2572.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 198
Getting ready for the June show!

Alex.

Attachments

• Brit Staff 1.JPG
    Brit Staff 1.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 203
  • G4-German Staff .JPG
    G4-German Staff .JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Mahdist Cav 3.JPG
    Mahdist Cav 3.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Riverine mahdist 1.JPG
    Riverine mahdist 1.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 199
Getting ready for the June show!

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Liked very much the WW1 cavalry, both the British and the German......please add more pictures....I can see in the background that more sets are available, I would love to see them too......:cool:;):)

Luiz_Artillery_Crazy

Although my Heritage sets are mainly Colonial....I see great opportunity for me to add a new WW1 front!!!!

Has anyone had recent contact with Ken? Been trying to get an update on an order placed in May and not received a response. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back