Hi every1, another newbie has arrived! (1 Viewer)

Steve Robbo

Private
Hi everyone,

Just joined up and thought I'd introduce myself. Am Steve from Liverpool, UK.

Have since a boy loved collecting toy soldiers primarily the Airfix plastic ones, which I still have intact and painted oddly, but they served a purpose when I was young!
Anyway the passion has resurfaced and I am now slowly amassing a new and more superior model soldier collection. I am captivated by the Zulu war @ the moment, so through a combination of William Britain & Conte figures I hope to set up some battle scenes, noteably 'Rorkes Drift' and 'Isandlwana'. Ive already converted my loft for my latest hobby! And have ordered a display cabinet. And so it begins.....

Trawling through this site I have been impressed by some of the photographs depicting all the Zulu conflicts. Well done to all concerned. I hope to emulate these and more.

Hope to catch up and speak to everyone soon.

Steve Robbo

Welcome aboard Steve and to The Land of The Zulus....The Lt.

Last edited:
Nice to know that Steve is on board with Zulu, the more troops the better, cheers, Robin.

Welcome to the board and you picked a great campaign to cover.... PS I am glad that I am no longer the newbie lol

Welcome Steve, you'll find the The Lt/Joe is always recruiting members to post new dios of the the Zulu war. :smile2: Looking fwd to seeing your post. Chris

Welcome Steve! Looking forward to the results of your labors.

Welcome to the forum Steve . . . visit often and most alot . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Welcome Steve :salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the welcome! Are we the only chaps from the UK!? LOL.

What would your advice be on cheapest most economical way of collecting the Zulu war sets/figures. I like the WB & Conte source. Ebay seems ok, however is their another feasible route?

Cheer's
Steve

Steve, the TreeFrog store on this forum site or Sierra are both the best for service and choice with free shipping over $250. For my money I would go with these, both have plenty of stock, good luck, cheers, Robin.

Hi Martyn,

What would your advice be on cheapest most economical way of collecting the Zulu war sets/figures. I like the WB & Conte source. Ebay seems ok, however is their another feasible route?

Cheer's
Steve

Re Beginners photo shoot/ Mixed bag of skirmisher's/ Zulu war

Steve, the TreeFrog store on this forum site or Sierra are both the best for service and choice with free shipping over $250. For my money I would go with these, both have plenty of stock, good luck, cheers, Robin.

Cheer' s Robin.
New Image 1.JPGNew Image 2.JPGNew Image 3.JPG

Good to see another Liverpudlian on the forum{sm4}. I think there are at least two others in your home city. I am Down Under but also a Zulu fan.
Welcome to the forum Steve.

Good to see another Liverpudlian on the forum{sm4}. I think there are at least two others in your home city. I am Down Under but also a Zulu fan.
Welcome to the forum Steve.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll have to look out for my fellow clan. Just composed some photo's, check them out! Still trying to figure out how to use this forum! Lol.

Steve

Hi Martyn,

Cheer's
Steve

Hi Steve

I buy most of my WB AZW sets from MKL, they are a great family run business in the UK, no Customs/Import Duty to worry about:wink2:

http://www.mklmodels.co.uk/contact-us-3-w.asp

They used to have a large stock of Trophy AZW sets.....but most of them followed me home over the years^&grin

Cheers

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll have to look out for my fellow clan. Just composed some photo's, check them out! Still trying to figure out how to use this forum! Lol.

Steve

The two I have noted are Peiper007 and _Flynn86 who is easy to spot as has a Red Liver bird as his avatar.

Hi Martyn,

Iam ahead of u! Already purchased a hefty amount of figures/sets from Karen @ MKL! She done me a great deal bcos I went for a large deal - (quantity). Also just bought some Conte figures off an American chap off this site, so I'll soon have a full company of the unfortunate 24th!
I also need to bulk up on my Zulu's for realism. I have 30 plastic one's and about 6 WB figures, so some Xmas order's to go in for more of these I think.

Cheer's
Steve

Hi Martyn,

Iam ahead of u! Already purchased a hefty amount of figures/sets from Karen @ MKL! She done me a great deal bcos I went for a large deal - (quantity). Also just bought some Conte figures off an American chap off this site, so I'll soon have a full company of the unfortunate 24th!
I also need to bulk up on my Zulu's for realism. I have 30 plastic one's and about 6 WB figures, so some Xmas order's to go in for more of these I think.

Cheer's
Steve

Excellent Steve, no need to mention my name then ^&grin

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back