Honour Bound (1 Viewer)

The problem was the packaging, guys. In order to have them displayed at the NJ show we shipped them without the proper styrofoams which weren't ready yet.

Maybe we shouldn't have rushed so much disregarding the shipping damages of an inadecuate packaging. But the main purpose was that collectors could see them in person, so if you liked them, we got our goal. It doesn't matter if they broke, we knew that this was very much feasible and that we already had the solution for that.

Ana

Ana, as some one who has been anxious to see and purchase the new Panthers, I find your comments on having anticipating the shipping problem and already having a solution lined up very encouraging. I'm sure other manufacturers have gone through start up gliches and had to adjust, particuliarly with the packaging. I hope your product is well recieved.

Thanks, Fred

I'm not sure all were broken but on one a couple of the exhaust pipes had broken off and the treads were coming off on another. They do look terrific but in all honesty I'm not that wild about the figures. Andy showed us pictures of the Panther he's working but wouldn't let us take photos of that. That also looks terrific and the figures look outstanding so we'll have some competing Panthers.

jazzeum said:
I'm not sure all were broken but on one a couple of the exhaust pipes had broken off and the treads were coming off on another. They do look terrific but in all honesty I'm not that wild about the figures. Andy showed us pictures of the Panther he's working but wouldn't let us take photos of that. That also looks terrific and the figures look outstanding so we'll have some competing Panthers.

Brad-
Could you tell if the KC Panther will have the same standard paint scheme as the HB Panthers? Also, I understood that the KC Panther would have "battle damage" (looks like the HB Panthers beat him to it inadvertently in NJ) but is that the case? Thanks again for all the info.

All three were in fact broken. George Guererro pointed out to me that one had broken tail pipes, one had a broken fender and tracks coming off, and one had a broken hatch cover.

I am glad that the problem will be solved by the proper packaging, because the Panthers looked very good, and I am really intrigued by the Bergepanther.

As to comments about growing pains, I recall Andy telling us stories about arriving at the Chicago show with all but around 10 or so of 150 Lancer figures damaged in transit. Andy learned about proper packaging, and I'm sure Anna and the Honour Bound folks will as well.

I had thought that George had received two of each because when I was by his table a customer returned his and George gave him the table model, but no matter.

Combat, I don't really remember if the projected K & C tank was battle damaged. I just know it looked good from the picture. I think, but am not sure, that the paint scheme is different.

Any update on when the Panthers will be available in the US?

Yes, Brad, thanks. The tanks will be available by late April, and the infantry set will by mid June I believe.
I'll keep you all posted.

Ana

You're not the only one who missed them. I didn't know what Ana meant. Of course, it helps to check the web site. These are rather cool. The poses are quite different than what I've seen from K & C.

Wow! These are excellent. They may have just barely put them on their website.

What I like about these figures is that they have that gaunt look of being in war. They have a certain weariness. They will go really well with the Panthers.

I like the gaunt facial look also. The weapons especially the MP 40 look crisper in appearance especially towards the end of the barrel. Waiting to see in person just like the tanks though.
Nice intel since I also missed the posting of these sets. Does anyone have the link to HB homepage. My old link no longer works and google search doesn't turn up anything but the dealers. thanks..

Last edited:
www.honourbound.com You won't believe how heavy these tanks are, take a K&C Jagpnther and double the weight. Very nice detail, accessories on the tank are individual pieces, not molded on, great looking faded paint scheme and first class figures. George Guerriero of Minute Men brought one to my house Saturday, never thought I'd get home delivery when I started collecting K&C, he said they're working on solving the packaging issues, next batch should arrive safe and sound. George has fantastic custom painted scenery pieces, now I definitely know who to go to for diorama and display pieces.

Fred

George,

Is a great guy. I have ordered K&C from him before and he has always come through for me. Now I need to save up to buy some of his scenery pieces. By the way were the tracks in good shape or did they get hurt in shipping?

Old Guard

Old Guard;

The Panther I saw was the one with side skirts on it, BC-P2 turret #422, the tracks looked fine. As a matter of fact, I think they crisper and a little more detailed than K&C, there's no debris in between the road wheels which I thought looked very good. And that's not to say I have a problem with the K&C tracks, I don't, I like the fact that they are all one piece for the sake of strength and durability. George seems to think that the one with broken tracks might have been mis-handled at the show, like I said, they are extremely heavy. Can't wait to see the other two Panthers as I like the looks of ones without the side skirts, just personal opinion.

Fred

My second Honour Bound shipment arrived today and all the vehicles showed up safe and sound, packaging issue (not really sure there ever was an issue to begin with to be honest) resolved. These tanks are in a word superb. The figure set looks outstanding, the camo on the smocks and helmet covers 100% accurate. I love the look of the Honour Bound figures personally. June (and my next Panther shipment) can't come fast enough. Nice article in Toy Soldier and Model Figure about the folks at Honour Bound as well...................

George Guerriero
"Warrior"
MMTS

George,

Which issue is that? I didn't see anything in the one I just got.

If you click on the photos under "Sculpting Process" there are what appear to be a couple of unpainted Russian soldiers. A half figure tank commander and standing soldier holding a pig. The Germans look promising. Nice to see different styles. Makes collecting that much more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back