Idea for a New Berlin 45' Diorama Set (2 Viewers)

I think if the others who viewed this thread were to give their views it would make it all the more interesting........either pro or Con.....Give your thoughts guys.
Mitch, UK subs got it !! ^&cool

Mate maybe not the building but the figures would be do-able IMO,more chance of that i think and i don't see why not.

Well, a better set may be the break out from the bunker by Gruppenfuhrer Monke et al. that way, it would be an option for l WWII collectors not just those focusing on the last few days. Monke fought in the west and east so, that could be a group of figures able to be used eclectically
Mitch

I think if the others who viewed this thread were to give their views it would make it all the more interesting........either pro or Con.....Give your thoughts guys.
Mitch, UK subs got it !! ^&cool

Ok Mitch....How about the rear of the chancellery bunker area with Eva and Hitlers secretary Traudl Junge smoking cigarettes while ducking from Soviet Artillery ???
With the dog Blondie siiting along side....

Well, Mate, I know that you have been watching downfall!!! I think the pivotal moments during this period are the wedding of Hitler and Eva... (you would have howls of derision from those who hate the ranges and germans as celebrating these events) The death of Hitler and Eva.... (That would be a set many would buy but say they did not IMO) and, the Burning of the bodies of Hitler and Eva by their inner circle...(same as) They would all stimulate great debate and, would all probably be reasonably popular IMO. Will we get them? I did not think we would get the bomb plot or, hitlers office but, its probably more leaning towards not.

I would buy all of these sets out of interest from this period. I am not really a fan of or, have much interest in figures and AFV's from this period as the defence of Berlin was not what one would expect. Berlin you would think would have been bristling with the elite SS units and all given the best equipment to protect the heart of the machine and, the fuhrer. Its not actually true a mish mash of units and, kids and old men with panzerfausts and a hodge potch of uniforms were on display from Brownshirts to kids with softcaps and an armband.

There are lots of sets I would like to see but, the important point is would they sell???
Mitch

Ok Mitch....How about the rear of the chancellery bunker area with Eva and Hitlers secretary Traudl Junge smoking cigarettes while ducking from Soviet Artillery ???
With the dog Blondie siiting along side....

Mitch, My last reply was directly out of the movie "Downfall". You nailed it !!! Anyway I'm sure CS will come up with something to add to this series in the near future . Cheers

Mitch, My last reply was directly out of the movie "Downfall". You nailed it !!! Anyway I'm sure CS will come up with something to add to this series in the near future . Cheers

Ja ja, he hit me up with the movie as well, a good movie.
I would think the burning of the bodies (not verified :p) would be a lack of taste. Although making a great movie scene, the still figures would pass beyond that. It is not because of being directed at Hitler and bride, but one would think the same of any scene. Perhaps we can now hang Mussolini and mistress upside down from a bridge in Italy, or for that matter, hang the Rangers from a bridge in Iraq.
The idea of wounded soldiers and the range of wounds is a hard boundary to define as all have a differing level of acceptance. Tastefully done, it makes a good figure; too much makes a gruesome unappealing figure.

Me personally I am not looking for gore and guts, but a dio showing the last stand of the Nazi 1000 year Reich.Another neat piece might be a frontal facade diorama set of the Berlin 45' Reichstag.This building was heavily defended by fanatic defenders and it was not until the very end of the battle that the building was finally taken by the Russians. I'm sure something interesting can be added to an already existing series !!!! :wink2:

Clear your PMs dude. The idea of AH giving out the last HJ awards would be a good scene to recreate

Depends on who the person is. we deal with war as a hobby and, there is more requests for wounded or dead troops. A thread was done some time ago where wounded troops with legs or arms missing was positively greeted. Any of the sets depict horrific actions should one wish to dwell. The bomb plot caused severe injuries to those in the wooden hut and, every set could be used to imagine such acts. We have flamethrowers which, caused terrrible deaths for those on the end of such weapons. What about the crusades where beheadings are depicted, are they not gruesome?? or, is that acceptable as its a different period. It actually regularly happened and no outcry was heard about this.

I would not be bothered about mussolini hanging from the lamposts (bridge????) or a set depicting the end of Hitler. which, I presume, by your comment you have alternative theories about when stating not verified. Please don't tell me you are a revisionist historian that disbelieves the germans that were interviewed after the war about the end of Hitler?????? I thought it had been put clearly to bed in a historical sense.

I do agree that we have to take certain folks sensitivities into account but, I have seen strange comparisons in this hobby for rather unprovocative sets. Everything from allied prisoners being murdered to the Gestapo arrest and, all the issues that are raised to the SS ranges!!! These sets were all seen as bad taste and beyond the pale. I wonder when the pandora's box will be mentioned if this thread is picked up on??

I think there is a line where it becomes bad taste but, depicting factual events should not IMO be shyed away from just because a small number may be upset. The hobby focuses upon war and war was not all fancy and filled with adventure its a rather nasty affair. One mode of thought may be that we should show this and, it may deter such acts but, that is another debate for another time.

I am maybe more open to what is released and base my comments on them in relation to how they sit within the context of what the manufacturer is releasing it for. I am not one who is stunned or shocked by what a set could or does depict. More and more people ar wanting destroyed AFV's crashed aircraft and wounded sets do we, release these all without any blood colouring or injury??

Interesting topic
Mitch

Ja ja, he hit me up with the movie as well, a good movie.
I would think the burning of the bodies (not verified :p) would be a lack of taste. Although making a great movie scene, the still figures would pass beyond that. It is not because of being directed at Hitler and bride, but one would think the same of any scene. Perhaps we can now hang Mussolini and mistress upside down from a bridge in Italy, or for that matter, hang the Rangers from a bridge in Iraq.
The idea of wounded soldiers and the range of wounds is a hard boundary to define as all have a differing level of acceptance. Tastefully done, it makes a good figure; too much makes a gruesome unappealing figure.

Depends on who the person is. we deal with war as a hobby and, there is more requests for wounded or dead troops. A thread was done some time ago where wounded troops with legs or arms missing was positively greeted. Any of the sets depict horrific actions should one wish to dwell. The bomb plot caused severe injuries to those in the wooden hut and, every set could be used to imagine such acts. We have flamethrowers which, caused terrrible deaths for those on the end of such weapons. What about the crusades where beheadings are depicted, are they not gruesome?? or, is that acceptable as its a different period. It actually regularly happened and no outcry was heard about this.

I would not be bothered about mussolini hanging from the lamposts (bridge????) or a set depicting the end of Hitler. which, I presume, by your comment you have alternative theories about when stating not verified. Please don't tell me you are a revisionist historian that disbelieves the germans that were interviewed after the war about the end of Hitler?????? I thought it had been put clearly to bed in a historical sense.

I do agree that we have to take certain folks sensitivities into account but, I have seen strange comparisons in this hobby for rather unprovocative sets. Everything from allied prisoners being murdered to the Gestapo arrest and, all the issues that are raised to the SS ranges!!! These sets were all seen as bad taste and beyond the pale. I wonder when the pandora's box will be mentioned if this thread is picked up on??

I think there is a line where it becomes bad taste but, depicting factual events should not IMO be shyed away from just because a small number may be upset. The hobby focuses upon war and war was not all fancy and filled with adventure its a rather nasty affair. One mode of thought may be that we should show this and, it may deter such acts but, that is another debate for another time.

I am maybe more open to what is released and base my comments on them in relation to how they sit within the context of what the manufacturer is releasing it for. I am not one who is stunned or shocked by what a set could or does depict. More and more people ar wanting destroyed AFV's crashed aircraft and wounded sets do we, release these all without any blood colouring or injury??

Interesting topic
Mitch

Hey Mitch,
No I am not saying the fate of Hitler is otherwise than stated. Just where he is stored or buried. Russian Museum, Ex DDR lab.... LOL
A figurine of an ignominious ending would be in bad taste. I do advocate the war wounds and blood. Missing parts stay missing, although reality would have the part lying next to the wounded. The separate part would be in bad taste I think. A burnt body of someone specific for the express reason of showing a death scene is in bad taste. The war wounded so far has been directed to soldiers and not civilians on the battlefield. Civilian casualties (dead) are in bad taste, wounded, not so much. I noticed you were want to display a hanging Mussolini. Would you be so wanton to have a figurine of Monty strung upside down in death and disgrace?
:cool:

I would not object to people wanting to buy a set if such an act had happened to Monty (I obviously would not buy one myself) but, as it did not and, he was not a tyranical dispot who murdered his own civillians, its not likely. My point was that I would collect anything that interested me as a historical context.

Mussolini hitler Goeballs et al were not civillians and, their end is a very important part in the history we follow and collect so, they should be fair game. If we can have Hitler saluting then equally, we should be able to have him hanging over his sofa or, in a little hole in his back yard. I don't think that would be in bad taste as we are all mature enough not, to take it other than what it is a historical event that happened and part of what we collect. I certainly don't see that as wanton. Its not a blood lust, and, its not something I would lobby to be made I was just saying should sets like that come out I would more than likely buy them.

For me, its not about celebrating their demise but, acknowledging that it happened. I have a set where the NVKD have a SS trooper and a german medic. Now, its likely both would be murdered but, likely, the SS guy would be badly tortured and mutilated is this offensive? well, probably to some but, its what happened.

Its a difficult area but, as I am looking at non civillian areas I don't think its bad taste. If we can celebrate the mass rallies etc we should be able to see the flip side
Mitch

Hey Mitch,
No I am not saying the fate of Hitler is otherwise than stated. Just where he is stored or buried. Russian Museum, Ex DDR lab.... LOL
A figurine of an ignominious ending would be in bad taste. I do advocate the war wounds and blood. Missing parts stay missing, although reality would have the part lying next to the wounded. The separate part would be in bad taste I think. A burnt body of someone specific for the express reason of showing a death scene is in bad taste. The war wounded so far has been directed to soldiers and not civilians on the battlefield. Civilian casualties (dead) are in bad taste, wounded, not so much. I noticed you were want to display a hanging Mussolini. Would you be so wanton to have a figurine of Monty strung upside down in death and disgrace?
:cool:

Some very good points made here. My own intent was to depict the very historic and eventfull end of the 1000 year Reich. The Battle of Berlin between the German defenders and the oncoming Russian onslaught was a major event of the Eastern European Theater of WWII. Two of the key land mark locations of this battle were again Hitlers last command post of WWII, the Reich Chancellory Bunker, and the German Reichstag building. Even though the Reichstag had no importance to the Nazi's
during the battle it turned into a heavily fortified fortress which took a huge toll on the attacking Russians.The Soviets considered the building the actual heart of the fascist beast and were determined to symbolize its capture as a key symbol of victory. From several accounts of the battle....Hitler committed suicide on 30 April 1945.
The Reichstag did not fall untill 2 May. Stubborned resistance at its best ! So...........If your a Berlin 45' collector like me, bring on some new diorama sets to depict this epic battle !!!!! Cheers Mates... ^&cool

Nobody wanted to fall into russian hands was the reason for the stubborn defending. The 12 year reich was finished long before Hitlers suicide and, it was a matter of time before they were beaten. Still, get out the foam board etc and some plaster and make your own then you will have a proper diorama for the sets you collect
Mitch

Some very good points made here. My own intent was to depict the very historic and eventfull end of the 1000 year Reich. The Battle of Berlin between the German defenders and the oncoming Russian onslaught was a major event of the Eastern European Theater of WWII. Two of the key land mark locations of this battle were again Hitlers last command post of WWII, the Reich Chancellory Bunker, and the German Reichstag building. Even though the Reichstag had no importance to the Nazi's
during the battle it turned into a heavily fortified fortress which took a huge toll on the attacking Russians.The Soviets considered the building the actual heart of the fascist beast and were determined to symbolize its capture as a key symbol of victory. From several accounts of the battle....Hitler committed suicide on 30 April 1945.
The Reichstag did not fall untill 2 May. Stubborned resistance at its best ! So...........If your a Berlin 45' collector like me, bring on some new diorama sets to depict this epic battle !!!!! Cheers Mates... ^&cool

I wish I had the skills to build my own.that's what toy soldier companies do isn't it ??? Make the products :D

But, you may never get them!!! I know a few people who wanted specific items and, they have never come so, they did it themselves. Its not at all hard
Mitch

tRe: Idea for a New Berlin 45' Diorama Set

Not necessarily true. I am in good standing with collectors showcase ever since I received my iron cross! {sm3}

You don't have to display blood guts or gore to get the point agross. Mitch: Since you are not so minded to add civilian casualties into the scene, then please clarify the role of Eva Braun. It is OK to have her displayed as a burnt rictus laying with her new spouse? Making your own dioramas: A lot of us purchase the sets in order to not have to do tsuch a thing. We are not artistically inclined, nor may we have the time or inclanation ro perform such feats. Would it not be as well to have a bunker war room display, where the man screams, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN!!!!!? If you want to also have an other then normal display of soldiers, then have them wearing mixed uniforms that are torn, ragged and dirty. Not the complete, splendiferous ones. What about a Fiesler Storch on a rubble strewn road? Hanna Reich did achieve that at the end. If you want to display the end or right after the end, then there are a lot of civilians and war torn men in partial unifrms picking through the rubble and stacking bricks. Wheel barrows and skinny kids working alongside. Have to work around busted kubels and other war wrecks......

I would definately prefer to let the toy soldier companies produce a well made, accurate product !!! :wink2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back