Isreal (2 Viewers)

Why should they be relocated?? It’s their country

The majority of the population living in Gaza have supported a terrorist group that have continued attacks, with rockets and otherwise, against Israel for several years.

They recently launched an invasion into Israel committing atrocious attacks against innocent unarmed civilians, these weren't deaths from collateral damage situations, but deliberate hate crimes.

Israel have decided to invade Gaza to root out Hamas and try to free the prisoners they took when they retreated.

Gaza will now be a battleground for many months, that's why it would be wise for civilians to leave asap.

The majority of the population living in Gaza have supported a terrorist group that have continued attacks, with rockets and otherwise, against Israel for several years.

They recently launched an invasion into Israel committing atrocious attacks against innocent unarmed civilians, these weren't deaths from collateral damage situations, but deliberate hate crimes.

Israel have decided to invade Gaza to root out Hamas and try to free the prisoners they took when they retreated.

Gaza will now be a battleground for many months, that's why it would be wise for civilians to leave asap.

Hopefully you don’t have a drivers license

If you are looking for some good books on Israel’s wars, I can recommend Michael Oren’s Six Days of War, Benny Morris’s 1948: The First Arab-Israeli War, and Yom Kippur War: The Epic Encounter that Transformed the Middle East by Abraham Rabinovich.

Brad (and others):

Thank you for your important and informative posts on this topic/thread.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all of the other Jewish members of this forum as well as the Jewish community around the world.

Please know you are not alone.

Best,
Jason

You are assuming i am an Australian

Going by your stated location, that's a fair assumption for anyone to make don't you think ! :wink2::tongue:

Anyway, point is, Israel has every right and I'd say need, to hit back in a hard and decisive way to make these evil beings who carried out these acts of terror on civilians regret it and makes them think twice for a generation, You'll not get rid of such rabid hate they have entirely.
Retribution seems to be the only thing they fear !

This was a pogrom visited upon the Jewish people. In the 1800s and before there was nothing we could do, except take it and maybe emigrate to the Americas. Never again. This is our land (yes, ours) and if you visit a pogrom on us, we will inflict so much pain on you that you will regret it for the rest of your days. This is not to say the Palestinians aren’t right how they are treated with settlers trying to take their land and the Israeli government helping them. I totally oppose that. I support the people of Israel but not this stupid government who moved battalions of soldiers from the border to support the settlers. But you inflict a pogrom on us, you are going to feel maximum pain because we have taken that throughout the centuries but we will never take it again. You want to be crazy? We will outcrazy you.

Israelis are the only indigenous people in world accused of being occupiers!!!

Some people need to stop watching cnn and Fox News (yes, both of them) and try a cool new thing called reading a reputable book

I read this morning that the main leader in the Attack for Hamas was killed last night!!! Small victory but justice none the less

Also - help me understand…
The USA hunted down bin Laden and Al queda, we attacked isis everywhere, we bombed sullemani
Yet - we know where the Hamas leadership lives in Qatar but we don’t demand Qatar give them up nor go in and get them? Why are Teresita treated differently?

Having got that off my chest, I’m worried about what comes next. Hezbollah is much more dangerous than Hamas and has thousands of more sophisticated rockets. I don’t know if Israel could handle them. If Israel’s existence is then threatened, will the US intervene and what could happen next. I believe this is Iran’s plan: have Hamas go after them and then bring in Hezbollah. It’s a worrisome situation.

I’m with you Brad. I too fear if this moves north, we’ll have a full scale regional war. It’ll be a complete proxy war between Iran and the USA.

I feel a big part of this was to ruin Saudi Israel relations as they were getting closer and closer. News now reporting the Saudis are backing away and talking with Iran. I’m so pissed - if true - how fickle the Saudis are. Saudi govt is terrible, but a Saudi Israel USA alliance could bring much peace to the region

I also think the Saudis and other Arab countries are worried about their populations because their people are strongly pro Palestinian as witnessed by several demonstrations this week. They may be willing to sacrifice agreements with Israel rather than their own government if they feel things could get out of hand at home.

This thing has a chance to spiral out of control. Let’s not forget that it only took a small incident to lead to WWI.

Egypt needs for it's own governments survival to continue to block their border with Gaza, Government in Cairo don't want to risk allowing in extremists who in the past supported the Muslim Brotherhood. Nor with their economy in a bad state what with several devaluations of the Egyptian Pound, growing unemployment in it's hundred million plus people of whom over ninety percent are muslim and anytime Israel stumbles there is great jubilation on the streets there and who are always just a short fuse away from rioting when it comes to bread prices and food shortages which is using up much of the foreign currency reserves of Egypt not help by Russia /Ukraine war. But if the Egyptian government feel things are getting out of their control, they are just as likely to join in against Israel. Yes whole of Middle East is even a more dangerous powder keg than it has been for a few years.
Also With Pakistan on the verge of expelling over a million Afghan illegal immigrants and refugees because of the financial crisis it finds itself in and assuming India doesn't take them. Then what sort of welcome they would receive from from the Taliban is debatable, given it's own dire circumstances plus high tension between Afghanistan and Iran over water rights which could lead to war between those two countries, may keep Iran from exerting its full influence as I'm sure it would love to on it's No. 1 object of hate, Israel.

Egypt needs for it's own governments survival to continue to block their border with Gaza, Government in Cairo don't want to risk allowing in extremists who in the past supported the Muslim Brotherhood. Nor with their economy in a bad state what with several devaluations of the Egyptian Pound, growing unemployment in it's hundred million plus people of whom over ninety percent are muslim and anytime Israel stumbles there is great jubilation on the streets there and who are always just a short fuse away from rioting when it comes to bread prices and food shortages which is using up much of the foreign currency reserves of Egypt not help by Russia /Ukraine war. But if the Egyptian government feel things are getting out of their control, they are just as likely to join in against Israel. Yes whole of Middle East is even a more dangerous powder keg than it has been for a few years.
Also With Pakistan on the verge of expelling over a million Afghan illegal immigrants and refugees because of the financial crisis it finds itself in and assuming India doesn't take them. Then what sort of welcome they would receive from from the Taliban is debatable, given it's own dire circumstances plus high tension between Afghanistan and Iran over water rights which could lead to war between those two countries, may keep Iran from exerting its full influence as I'm sure it would love to on it's No. 1 object of hate, Israel.

Thank you Steve for this post, puts many things in perspective that I didn't realize, it surely is a powder keg and at this point it will only take a small spark to light it

Thank you Steve for this post, puts many things in perspective that I didn't realize, it surely is a powder keg and at this point it will only take a small spark to light it

Thanks Sammy

Of course these are only my opinions from what I've read and others may have their own view on what's going on in the World and possible events shaping the future and what I see could be totally wrong and off target. Really all anyone can do who is just in the audience like us, and not a player, is Hope for the best !

Those with access to more information will no doubt have a better idea on with the Big Picture !

All the Best

Tom-
Sorry to hear about your son's situation. It is absolutely outrageous that anyone has to go around in fear based on their religion or otherwise. In contrast, my daughter was home today from college and I asked her if she and her friends were following the events in Israel. What events? They don't watch the news. She had no clue. Apparently the students and professors don't discuss current events. They did hand out free smoothies for "mental health" day, though. They say ignorance is bliss, but maybe that is sometimes better than reality.

I just read about an incident at Stanford University involving an “Academic” or similar as well as an extremely disturbing protest on the University of Washington campus where students were pleading for help & guidance from the “U” itself as the students understandably felt attacked and persecuted. It seems that in these scenarios that the individuals we trust to educate our youth were more content with their own opinions & not taking a stance when it was required. I expected better from our educators in these instances which was my first mistake.

No doubt its only a few power hungry people that makes the masses suffer. I believe most people on both sides just want to live in peace. We'll see what unfolds when Israel conducts its ground incursion. Frankly, this scares me more than the situation in Ukraine. It took a war to get ZBlang posting again. LOL.

I just read about an incident at Stanford University involving an “Academic” or similar as well as an extremely disturbing protest on the University of Washington campus where students were pleading for help & guidance from the “U” itself as the students understandably felt attacked and persecuted. It seems that in these scenarios that the individuals we trust to educate our youth were more content with their own opinions & not taking a stance when it was required. I expected better from our educators in these instances which was my first mistake.

There was an article in the NY Times about Stanford. The administration’s posture was disappointing but it seems to be widespread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back