Isreal (1 Viewer)

No doubt its only a few power hungry people that makes the masses suffer. I believe most people on both sides just want to live in peace. We'll see what unfolds when Israel conducts its ground incursion. Frankly, this scares me more than the situation in Ukraine. It took a war to get ZBlang posting again. LOL.

Why is it that the people who crave power are generally the last people you want to see with it? On a lighter note, I am also glad to see Zach posting again.

I disagree about the Palestinian civilians. When they talk almost everyone of them want all Jews dead.
Mark

I disagree about the Palestinian civilians. When they talk almost everyone of them want all Jews dead.
Mark

Mark
I think you are right in that and with their fellow Co- religionists of the region all in their hearts wanting Israel to fall. With so many of them in other Western countries they form what could be termed a fifth column to the detriment of our own defences. Plus there are those amongst the general population who also harbour ill will against Jews, however unfathomable this might be to most of us, racism takes many forms.

The reaction to the cowardly acts of Hamas by college students across the US has been repugnant and nauseating.

However, the the reaction of corporations and their CEOs to those “students” has been invigorating.

I especially enjoyed hedge fund leader Bill Ackman asking for the names of Harvard students who signed onto pro-Hamas letters so that his company would not inadvertently hire them.

Consequences.

The reaction to the cowardly acts of Hamas by college students across the US has been repugnant and nauseating.

However, the the reaction of corporations and their CEOs to those “students” has been invigorating.

I especially enjoyed hedge fund leader Bill Ackman asking for the names of Harvard students who signed onto pro-Hamas letters so that his company would not inadvertently hire them.

Consequences.

There was also the case of the NYU Law Student having her job withdrawn by Winston & Strawn, a top firm.

And this: Marc Rowan, head of Apollo Investments (a sizable firm) and one of the largest donors to the U of Pennsylvania demanded that its leaders quit and that all alumni “close their checkbooks” after they failed to condemn the anti semitic comments coming out of a Palestinian literature festival.

There was also the case of the NYU Law Student having her job withdrawn by Winston & Strawn, a top firm.

And this: Marc Rowan, head of Apollo Investments (a sizable firm) and one of the largest donors to the U of Pennsylvania demanded that its leaders quit and that all alumni “close their checkbooks” after they failed to condemn the anti semitic comments coming out of a Palestinian literature festival.
Brad,

If you want the skinny on how that went down, PM, email or call me. I know the individual responsible for bringing this to the attention of Winston & Strawn.

My Dad's Highschool good friend was The Senior Partner of Winston & Strawn in the early 70's. He was a good and honest man.
He, Mr. Stephens, was accosted by the recently-credentialed lawyer who demanded why women were not properly advancing womens' rights just before I was born(76). More likely she was mad that they didn't hire her.
Politics is too great a force in high-level jobs.
Long Live Israel
but I hope you keep the moral High Ground
Paddyw

A lot of disturbing similarities between this situation and WWI. You can easily see this situation escalating and drawing in any many different countries. The longer it drags out, the more risk. Not sure why the Israeli's haven't already gone in. Maybe being held up by the US attempting to negotiate for some of the hostages. The $100 billion price tag being proposed is outrageous. I'm assuming that combining Ukraine and Israel funding is a way to force those who are growing weary of the war in Ukraine to vote to continue funding or be deemed not friendly with Israel.

WOW, I continue to be amazed at what makes the news. Now, in breaking news, a senior State Dept official resigned as he cannot support Biden helping Israel.........instead he supports the Terrorist Hamas. Good lord, if you thought we had issues in our government, I guess we really do. You just can't make some of this up. Whatever happened to national pride.....................allied pride............................hell, just doing the right thing..............

I don't even address the "Squad" as I don't care how you view things politically; any independent observer will tell you that these folks in particular are nutjobs who actually believe their own rhetoric. That is the scariest part for me.

TD

It scares me how much younger Americans have no pride in being American. They only know the faults of the US not the good we've done. They really don't know the history of other countries compared to ours.
Mark

It scares me how much younger Americans have no pride in being American. They only know the faults of the US not the good we've done. They really don't know the history of other countries compared to ours.
Mark

Same in UK Mark !

All I can say to the last two posts is not my children. I taught them history and civics. If the schools won't or can't do it, the responsibility falls on the parents. By the way, I taught my son and daughter the good and the bad of American history. Balance is critical.

Mark

I have two kids in school. There is no question in my mind that school age children are dumbing down significantly. It's not just politics but basic math and English. Almost no public school is meeting the minimal standards. It's not from a lack of funding. The US pays as much or more than other countries but with awful results. When my daughter was going to high school, they occasionally had foreign exchange students from China and other countries. Without exception the exchange student was the smartest person in the school. Almost scary how advanced they were over American kids. I've never met an American kid that ever learned a foreign language in school. Almost every student in Europe can speak English and sometimes a third language. The education system is broken. Like most other things.

We really haven't looked too closely at who are becoming teachers. Certainly not our best and brightest.
Mark

Could we possibly return to the topic of Israel and move other posts to a different thread. Thanks.

Could we possibly return to the topic of Israel and move other posts to a different thread. Thanks.

Surely, as my post indicated, we have big issues in the government specifically to this topic. That said, I am happy to see spoken aid and support coming out of Biden. We can all argue whether it is him or not, but end result is positive in my book. Again, there is always a catch, of the aid being touted, $15M for Israel, 62M for Ukraine, so some would argue it is politically expedient, etc. Again, all of that said, bottom line is we are supporting Israel and that makes me happy.

On another related note, I truly hope the NYTimes didn't not fall suspect to untruths in a malicious manner for their first report on the Gaza hospital story. It has been overly proven that Hamas did that themselves. Whether by accident or on purpose, it clearly shows what type of ilk Hamas is. On top of that, you have a House Rep who I refuse to acknowledge by name openly supporting Hamas. I just call it as I see it and there is no excuse for her behavior.

TD

Surely, as my post indicated, we have big issues in the government specifically to this topic. That said, I am happy to see spoken aid and support coming out of Biden. We can all argue whether it is him or not, but end result is positive in my book. Again, there is always a catch, of the aid being touted, $15M for Israel, 62M for Ukraine, so some would argue it is politically expedient, etc. Again, all of that said, bottom line is we are supporting Israel and that makes me happy.

On another related note, I truly hope the NYTimes didn't not fall suspect to untruths in a malicious manner for their first report on the Gaza hospital story. It has been overly proven that Hamas did that themselves. Whether by accident or on purpose, it clearly shows what type of ilk Hamas is. On top of that, you have a House Rep who I refuse to acknowledge by name openly supporting Hamas. I just call it as I see it and there is no excuse for her behavior.

TD

Don’t get me started on the hospital matter. People were quick to assume that the Israelis were the one responsible, that they were the bad guys, that it couldn’t have done by Islamic Jihad and people bought into it. Unfortunately, despite the facts, the damage was done and the true facts have become irrelevant as it’s turned into a big propaganda coup for the terrorists.

It's amazing how people see one side attacked and killed and when they defend themselves they are the bad guys. They are some brainwashed idiots. Don't even know how to think for themselves.
Mark

Don’t get me started on the hospital matter. People were quick to assume that the Israelis were the one responsible, that they were the bad guys, that it couldn’t have done by Islamic Jihad and people bought into it. Unfortunately, despite the facts, the damage was done and the true facts have become irrelevant as it’s turned into a big propaganda coup for the terrorists.

As in all conflicts the truth goes out the window as soon as the bullets & bombs start to fly........

The rocket didn't strike the hospital at all it struck a nearby parking lot and it certainly didn't kill 500 Palestinians. The hospital itself is still standing.

Similar BS has been reported by MSM continuously regarding the Ukraine conflict. Some of the rubbish ending up on our screens is almost comical and nothing short of a B grade Hollywood movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back