Jacobite Rebellion (1 Viewer)

For those interested in the Jacobite Rebellion range and the Battle of Culloden, keep an eye on the Advent Calendar sketches I've been posting daily. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised in the upcoming days.

Mike

Oh Mike, you are better than Santa Clause. I have been praying fir some artillery and more mounted figures since the first release of this series

Thanks to Mike for releasing this day's John Jenkin's Sketch! I've posted this sketch on this thread for information purposes.

JOHN JENKINS DESIGNS
2023 ADVENT CALENDAR #12
Tuesday, December 12th
The Jacobite Rebellion, 1745
The Battle of Culloden Moor, 1746
Wounded/Retreating Jacobites
thMC3p4.jpg

Cheers,
Grey

A few fugitives, a few more cavalry, a few mounted Jacobites and artillery for both sides. Thats all we need

Hello collectors,

First we have a sketch by John of a future set of wounded highlanders for possible release in 2024 and then I noticed at Caliver Books website that there is a new book on the highlanders at Culloden - "Highland Army at Culloden" by Stuart Reid. Generally speaking, this author is an aficionado on the subject matter and has a number of books to his credit. The author, in addition, has a number of revised books with updated information. I'll certainly order this book for my library.

Thank you.
Grey

2TFvKzc.jpg

Grey, Have you seen the Peter Watkins film ''Culloden''? It's a 1960's black & white, ''you are there'' kind of production. Done much like the Viet Nam War coverage seen on TV news at that time. Anyway, when John started the Culloden series, I emailed him to ask if the Watkins film was an inspiration. He replied yes, and jokingly wrote that he toyed with the idea having the figures all painted black & white to emulate the film.

culloden-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Last edited:
Grey, Have you seen the Peter Watkins film ''Culloden''? It's a 1960's black & white, ''you are there'' kind of production. Done much like the Viet Nam War coverage seen on TV news at that time. Anyway, when John started the Culloden series, I emailed him to ask if the Watkins film was an inspiration. He replied yes, and jokingly wrote that he toyed with the idea having the figures all painted black & white to emulate the film.

Thank you Dragoon. No, I've not seen the film or have heard of it to be frank! Will look for it. I like John's sense of humour.

Cheers,
Grey

I just saw oarts of a movie called Bonnie Prince Charlie with David Niven. It Was an afternoon movie on a local Sydney tv station. Oh my I was so ecxited and then so let down. The quality was terrible, must have been late 40’s, early 50’s, it had no action and tried to be a little comedic. Would love to see a genuine attempt at a movie portraying the events of Charlies life

Hello collectors of JJD Jacobite Rebellion Range,

Having now received this book "Highland Army at Culloden" by Stuart Reid I highly recommend this to anyone who has a keen interest in the period. A concise publication with updated information on the Highland Army with their French Allies. Very happy overall with the book. Nice illustrations on both uniform and flags.

Cheers,
Grey

Hello collectors of JJD Jacobite Rebellion Range,

Having now received this book "Highland Army at Culloden" by Stuart Reid I highly recommend this to anyone who has a keen interest in the period. A concise publication with updated information on the Highland Army with their French Allies. Very happy overall with the book. Nice illustrations on both uniform and flags.

Cheers,
Grey
Where did you buy it grey? Can you share a few pics of some of the images please?

Hi Jason,

I bought the book from Caliver Books:
https://www.caliverbooks.com/

Will send you a pm with some pics.

Cheers,
Grey

Caliver Books is aces, they have loads of books on a variety of subjects that no other book dealers have, their service is top shelf, I get deliveries from them from across the pond in the blink of an eye.

Highly recommended sellers.

I managed to pick up some new sets, [have a few multiples, BJ02 and 06] 1 from Ebay and the others from a UK auction House. I am 2 Jacobites sets, 3 Government sets, 6 French sets and 4 Jacobite mounted sets short of completing the series. I have 61 figures, including multiples, and I am always seeking the ones I am missing, but I am sticking to a price ceiling for a set and will keep doing so. There are some on ebay but are too high for my budget and I will pick them up eventually.
BJ - 024th Regiment of Foot, Line Infantry Loading X 2 sets
BJ - 064th Regiment of Foot, Grenadiers #2 X2 sets
BJ - 125th Regiment of Foot, Sergeant
JRCAV-01 Bagot's Hussar, Jacobite Army
EEC- 08NRegiment Royal Ecossois - Grenadiers

This is becoming quickly one of my favourite ranges and look forward for the new sets to be released.

Attachments

• lop.jpg
    lop.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 165
A good catch of figurines you have collected, well done. The Jacobite Rebellion range is my favourite of John Jenkins followed by his latest tranche of AWI in the Southern Campaign.

Cheers,
Grey

John Jenkins Jacobite range BJ04 Ready, quite impressed and got them for only £44, that is around $54. I am now 4 sets from the range missing,2 Jacobites and 2 Government. Plus 5 French sets and 2 Jacobite mounted.

Attachments

• IMG_20240313_150533.jpg
    IMG_20240313_150533.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 82
Wow, you saved money by waiting. Well played sir

Yeah did OK on that one, have not really paid a lot for any of them, on average i am paying about £60 for 2 figure sets, around £72 on average for mounted and £33 for single figure sets, the Flagbearers were around £60 on average. The average might change, upward, as i am down to finding the last 4 Gov & Jacobite sets, 1 flagbearer, 2 X 2 figure sets and 1 single figure set. Decided to keep a running total and will be interesting to see just what the overall cost is for this excellent range. I think older figure sets might go up once John release some new Jacobites!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back