k&c price increase (3 Viewers)

Hi Gents,

Lets try and keep it civil. The last few posts were right on the edge of getting personal. The discussion is valid and so far interesting so calm down and discuss the issue without resorting to cuts on one another.

Dave

In all fairness it seems like the MAJORITY of people making the most noise here about price increases do not or no longer buy K&C products !
Why complain about something that "Does Not" personally affect you ??? I don't buy First Legion....Do I rant about their $65.00 + foot figure price Tag....No
Comments were made about quality of older versus newer figures. I posted pics of 2 examples of some very clear cut improvements from 1999 to now. Plain as day to see !
I also do not see K&C Dealers being back stabbed by K&C Hong Kong by offering free items with a purchase to the UK market.They are simply taking pro active measures to fill a void there !
Just my 2 Cents worth.......Happy Fire Cracker Day tomorrow to all in the U.S. Since the 4th is not a Holiday in HK, looking forward to the New dispatches later on this evening !

Wayne

Good to see that the 'apples and oranges' analogy is gaining a wider currency. It fell out of favour for a while. Nice to know that I have been part of something.

I am going to start replacing it with 'it is like comparing British and American sports cars'. Anyone with me?

Hi Alex, In response to your comment about quality being worse, here are just 2 examples of early K&C releases shown with 2 of the same series, current releases.
There is a huge improvement in both cases. It is quite easy to see the difference, for the better !

Wayne

Funny how you go back to the 1999 sculpts that appear to made from wax.

Joe

Funny how you go back to the 1999 sculpts that appear to made from wax.

Joe

The 1999 figures are photos of white metal hand painted "Final Products" . Based on that it is quite easy for anyone to compare older and newer figure improvements in sculpt, quality, Painting.
Lest we not forget the newer solid, hard card board boxes that all new figures come in. Getting time now in an hour or two to view July Dispatches of more new releases !
Happy Fourth !!!

Wayne

View attachment 194871View attachment 194872

Just watch your words mate since nothing about this topic is personal.

Figure kits are resin or tin and not plastic. Actually, the better sets these days are produced in resin.

Overall, across all K&C ranges, there was not significant improvement in quality in the last 7-8 years, and that s from a sculpting and painting point of view.

And I am not the only one believing that.

Now, I can carry as much weight as I want, without collecting them anymore. I have still thousands of these guys in my cabinets.

But most importantly, I know first hand what figure painting is all about.

No ones getting personal and whats up with the photograph of a Samurai.....I don't get it?

The thread was about K&C price increases, yet you've somehow worked into the equation figure kits and given us all a lesson in what they are made of etc.

I don't get your comparison and neither am I interested in your alleged painting skills or superior knowledge.

If you're mystified why some folks collect K&C then really that's your problem and no one else's.

I don't have hours on end to sit around painting figures or building kits and you maybe surprised but there are quite a few of us out there.......it's a personal choice, plain and simple.

I would never be rude enough to question why collectors choose to collect what they want, anymore than I would make negative posts in threads about manufacturers I don't collect.

Saimex

Hi everybody,

Regarding the U.K. and the European collectors in general, SAIMEX TOYS (based in Italy) is a good idea. They stock all the K & C figures plus all the major toy soldiers companies. I bought many times from them and I have to say that I am very satisfied. The man behind SAIMEX, Mr Stefano Allorini is a nice guy and a dedicated collector. He also attends regularly the London Show. Try and check here: www.saimextoys.it

Thanasis

Good to see that the 'apples and oranges' analogy is gaining a wider currency. It fell out of favour for a while. Nice to know that I have been part of something.

I am going to start replacing it with 'it is like comparing British and American sports cars'. Anyone with me?

I'm in Martin!^&grin

-Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back