k&c price increase (4 Viewers)

Just got an email from HK this morning with an offer for UK collectors . Nothing of interest for me but I am sure some people will take advantage

Pick Your Presents for FREE
(Special Offer for the Collectors in the region of United Kingdom)

Dear Collectors,

Thank you for your continued support to King & Country. To reward your passion of toy soldiers hobby, we would like to present a very special and limited time offer for UK’s collectors.

For purchase of US$500 or above in single transaction via K&C Online Shop direct, you can get 1 special gift home absolutely FREE.

Terms & Conditions:
1. Promotion period: 1st July to 31st July 2016 (both dates inclusive)
2. For purchase of US$500 or above (exclude shipping cost) in single transaction, customers are eligible to select free items from BBG048, WS197, DD189, EA078.
3. Free gift will be given while stocks last.
4. Free gift will be given for customers’ delivery address in United Kingdom ONLY. Free gift would NOT be offered for customers in other countries / regions.
5. Free gift will be sent with order.
6. All matters or disputes will be subject to the final decision of King & Country
Untitled.jpg

Xxxxxx

It would seem that although I have changed my mind about attaching the HK promotion, EDITING does not allow the deleting of attached pictures.

😡

Attachments

• FE512F18-7CDC-4B8F-B7F0-AAFF0AE26B3A_zpsbmdxa1af.jpeg
    FE512F18-7CDC-4B8F-B7F0-AAFF0AE26B3A_zpsbmdxa1af.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
"Free gift would NOT be offered for customers in other countries / regions"

Free gift for leaving the EU...
:salute:: It also covers their VAT.

Rgds,Chris

Xxxxxx

It would seem that although I have changed my mind about attaching the HK promotion, EDITING does not allow the deleting of attached pictures.

��

You can edit the image out, but the route isn't obvious.

Down the page from the box where you do the actually editing, there's a button, I believe, that says something like "Manage Attachments." Click on the button, and an interface will appear that looks like this:

View attachment 194702
Above is an image that I've uploaded to this post, a biplane model. To delete the pic, I select the image in question by checking the empty box in the pic, and then clicking on the green X above the image to delete it. The pic will go away, then!

-Moe

Last edited:
"Free gift would NOT be offered for customers in other countries / regions"

Free gift for leaving the EU...
:salute:: It also covers their VAT.

Rgds,Chris

Nothing to do with us leaving the EU and Vat is paid on everything we buy in UK so why would it be any different when we bring it in . 20% is 20% . I deal with Import vat on a daily basis with my stock , it is no different than buying from wholesalers etc in the uk so both your comments are totally pointless

Just got an email from HK this morning with an offer for UK collectors . Nothing of interest for me but I am sure some people will take advantage

Dear Collectors,

Thank you for your continued support to King & Country. To reward your passion of toy soldiers hobby, we would like to present a very special and limited time offer for UK’s collectors.

For purchase of US$500 or above in single transaction via K&C Online Shop direct, you can get 1 special gift home absolutely FREE.

Terms & Conditions:
2. For purchase of US$500 or above (exclude shipping cost) in single transaction, customers are eligible to select free items from BBG048, WS197, DD189, EA078.
4. Free gift will be given for customers’ delivery address in United Kingdom ONLY. Free gift would NOT be offered for customers in other countries / regions.
6. All matters or disputes will be subject to the final decision of King & Country
View attachment 194699

As a European K&C dealer (Germany) I find this quiet interesting...

But my question is: is it not cheaper and easier for any British Collector to buy from a continental dealer ? Without Customs service dutys ,no additional VAT (20%!) to pay for, no order minimum, delivery directly to your home adress, ....?

As a European K&C dealer (Germany) I find this quiet interesting...

But my question is: is it not cheaper and easier for any British Collector to buy from a continental dealer ? Without Customs service dutys ,no additional VAT (20%!) to pay for, no order minimum, delivery directly to your home adress, ....?

Yes, I would agree. Epescially if there is the double wham hit of also paying 20% VAT on the values of the 'gift'........

In retrospect, I find the offer, as opposed to encouraging UK collectors to buy from one of the dealers in the continent, a little disturbing. I have long been on record as opposing manufacturers competing with their dealers and this is the latest manifestation. Manufacturers and dealers should be working collaboratively not against each other.

It highlights my long standing belief that dealers need to work together because in numbers there is strength.

Its really funny that manufacturer sells directly to customers,

It shouldnt be allowed when you have dealers.

Funny strategy.

Serge :)

Dear Collectors,

Terms & Conditions:
View attachment 194699

I'm a bit out of the loop but why is The offer only good for UK collectors??

I have a bit of a 'live with it ... or not' attitude
.... yeah I know how ya feel... its a bit like an "MG" you either live with it or live without it....

oh please help me up off the floor... i am rolling around laughing...

sorry doc... :)

Hello to all... this is also the reason I stopped collecting... the prices were going up and up and up and I was becoming disillusioned by the somewhat historical inaccuracies of some of the so called "historical miniatures" being sold. Now this is NOT a swipe at manufacturers but it does get frustrating and disappointing from a collectors point of view. It is one of the reason I have been teaching myself figure painting and armor modelling. And I can safely say no money in the world can buy the satisfaction from getting a plastic kit, building it, painting it, weathering it and have it turn out looking really really good and in most case considerably better than models from some of the toy soldier manufacturers.

its just my 2 cents worth... {sm3} (no kicking while I'm down) {sm2}

Cheers
Marc

.... yeah I know how ya feel... its a bit like an "MG" you either live with it or live without it....

oh please help me up off the floor... i am rolling around laughing...

sorry doc... :)

I don't want to derail a price increase thread in the K&C section - as if a mere mortal could do that anyway - but my friend Barneywomble is being quite cruel. I got a promotion at work and went to treat myself with a 1954 MG TF. Barney warned me it would be too small but I would not listen. Went to look at it, decided to buy it on the spot but then tried to hop in to give it the once over. How tall are the English? I could not put my foot on the clutch and close the door at the same time. I was half a foot too tall. No hope whatsoever. I was even trying to talk Barney into doing a rally with me but he said something that sounded suspiciously like my wife won't let me. The other car is my MGB which has been gone for years while a friend paints it but it will be home soon.

Apologies for the derailing!

MG.jpg

7273052.jpg

I don't want to derail a price increase thread in the K&C section - as if a mere mortal could do that anyway - but my friend Barneywomble is being quite cruel. I got a promotion at work and went to treat myself with a 1954 MG TF. Barney warned me it would be too small but I would not listen. Went to look at it, decided to buy it on the spot but then tried to hop in to give it the once over. How tall are the English? I could not put my foot on the clutch and close the door at the same time. I was half a foot too tall. No hope whatsoever. I was even trying to talk Barney into doing a rally with me but he said something that sounded suspiciously like my wife won't let me. The other car is my MGB which has been gone for years while a friend paints it but it will be home soon.

Apologies for the derailing!

You are so lucky. Buying any car anywhere else allows you to keep it for your lifetime or the lifetime of the car. Here we have the dreaded Certificate of Entitlement or COE for short, which only allows us to keep a car for ten years. We need to bid again for another COE every ten years, to use it on a new car or on renewing the life of the old car. My car (a Turbo Liberty) is about to have the end of its COE this year. Each time this happens, more gets allocated to buying a car and less to toy soldiers. The COE is now going at S$55k a pop for a bloody piece of paper and that does not include the price of the car, which is heavily taxed to death here at more than 2x.

Apologies for derailing the derail as well. That is a nice MG in racing green!!

Last edited:
How tall are the English?

View attachment 194780

There's no telling, Martin. However, we have to assume that a significant percentage was short enough to fit in the vehicle with the top down. That was the real trick. Perhaps KC should offer a discount on it's little roadster in recompense for our past suffering. ;)

-Moe

Its really funny that manufacturer sells directly to customers,

It shouldnt be allowed when you have dealers.

Funny strategy.

Serge :)

Moreover, it's even more awkward when a manufacturer seeks direct sales so aggressively by proposing things dealers are not allowed to offer (e.g. special figures that dealers are not allowed to sell and then this latest offer for UK collectors...spend over a certain $ amount and get a free tank set). I'm afraid the writing has been on the wall for some time now, and it's only becoming more legible.

Joe

Moreover, it's even more awkward when a manufacturer seeks direct sales so aggressively by proposing things dealers are not allowed to offer (e.g. special figures that dealers are not allowed to sell and then this latest offer for UK collectors...spend over a certain $ amount and get a free tank set). I'm afraid the writing has been on the wall for some time now, and it's only becoming more legible.

Joe

Joe,
I don't know if offering the FREE items to buyer's is Awkward ? Looks more like an attempt by K&C Directly to acommodate UK collectors that recently lost their source....K&C UK.
Hence the specific reason that the Free item offer is only for buyers in the UK. A way to compensate for the VAT ? I have no dog in this fight as I live in the U.S. and buy
Tax Free and shipping Free when I order from one of the top dealers here in the states. There were a few WWII items on the new price increase list that I am pondering which to get first.
Failed to beat the 1 July deadline I guess ! In retrospect going back to 2007 when I first discovered quality metal Toy Soldiers, I look at a K&C WS Berlin 45' set and thought....wow
$89.00 for 4 soldiers. Made the plunge and once I opened my very first box, I was hooked. Don't know what drove prices on a similar set today to double that 2007 price.
Detail and quality is on the upside, a plus which costs money to improve upon. Added wage costs for workers,higher costs for white metal and the paint that goes on them.
I am in consumer mode myself paying full retail prices on all of my K&C purchases, except an occasional online deal that could not be passed on. We all will pay so much before drawing
our own personal "Line". Right now I am still Happy !

Wayne

I still don't understand why people are buying K&C figures these days.

They are costing twice what they were 8 years ago.

The quality is not better, it is actually worse in many cases.

Now they are stabbing their own dealers.

Seriously, leave the boat before it is too late !

Joe,
I don't know if offering the FREE items to buyer's is Awkward ? Looks more like an attempt by K&C Directly to acommodate UK collectors that recently lost their source....K&C UK.
Hence the specific reason that the Free item offer is only for buyers in the UK. A way to compensate for the VAT ? I have no dog in this fight as I live in the U.S. and buy
Tax Free and shipping Free when I order from one of the top dealers here in the states. There were a few WWII items on the new price increase list that I am pondering which to get first.
Failed to beat the 1 July deadline I guess ! In retrospect going back to 2007 when I first discovered quality metal Toy Soldiers, I look at a K&C WS Berlin 45' set and thought....wow
$89.00 for 4 soldiers. Made the plunge and once I opened my very first box, I was hooked. Don't know what drove prices on a similar set today to double that 2007 price.
Detail and quality is on the upside, a plus which costs money to improve upon. Added wage costs for workers,higher costs for white metal and the paint that goes on them.
I am in consumer mode myself paying full retail prices on all of my K&C purchases, except an occasional online deal that could not be passed on. We all will pay so much before drawing
our own personal "Line". Right now I am still Happy !

Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back