k&c price increase (5 Viewers)

Gold appreciated against all currencies today.

Up 4.8% versus the US$.

The pound has crashed.

As just a small example of what will happen because of the U.K. vote, prices on K & C items will have to further increase for the UK. The K & C UK toy soldier market may be more significantly eroded than it already was. The Nevilles probably picked a good time to exit the business, if such a thing is possible.

The pound has crashed.

As just a small example of what will happen because of the U.K. vote, prices on K & C items will have to further increase for the UK. The K & C UK toy soldier market may be more significantly eroded than it already was. The Nevilles probably picked a good time to exit the business, if such a thing is possible.

Also a good time for anybody overseas to book a trip to UK or buy some products from there. Not good for UK people buying overseas items or going on holiday but the export and UK tourism industry going to get a big boost.

BBC were saying pound dropped to low last seen in 1985 against the USD, no doubt as will other currencies so prices will have gone up by some percentage today.
Not a good day for UK customers to order online from outside the UK.
And no doubt figures already in the post will attract higher import dues as well.:(
Steve

My bet is smart investors are buying up pounds on currency exchange markets, sounds to me like a serious opportunity.I'm not buying into this panic.
Ray

UK has been divided by the Brexit, among young people and the elderly, between England and Scotland-Northern Ireland.
* I do not see many advantages

Also a good time for anybody overseas to book a trip to UK or buy some products from there. Not good for UK people buying overseas items or going on holiday but the export and UK tourism industry going to get a big boost.

Unfortunately, we took our family vacation to the UK last year! Going to France this time.

My bet is smart investors are buying up pounds on currency exchange markets, sounds to me like a serious opportunity.I'm not buying into this panic.
Ray

If the reverse I was true I would undoubtedly see about what bargains I could if any get from US.

Only a few years ago the pound and euro was nearly equal as the Pound and USD were thirty three or so years ago. I also remember 1.50 euros to the pound and also getting $2 to the pound !
Currencies go up and down over the years, sometimes you can use this to your own advantage in a small way or a big way for those in business.
Steve

Ray

Since the Euro has been in existance. £ has traded in a band of €1.04 to €1.78. Currency markets move every day. Always have done. All this excitement is totally overdone.

It does make sense to take advantage of the currency exchange of course. If you have been eyeing that refurbished Garrard 301 or Garrard 401 turntable from Audio Grail, suddenly, it is a bargain. I remember the Sing dollar was at one time 2.8 to a pound band. When it hit 2.0 to a pound, I went in to trade for a new set of Lowther drivers. The same goes when the Euro makes excursions at one time many many years back. Suddenly, Schleich toys for my kids (they were very young then) made sense to just buy direct from Germany. Gosh, the dealer in Singapore was probably caught with pretty expensive stocks.

Such is life when currency makes excursions like this. However, you have to get a higher price item or enough items in bulk so that the shipping over makes sense. Yes, nothing to be too excited about. But sometimes opportunities to spend cross-borders do come out.

Maybe your wife saw what you are doing and she now wants that Burberry bag... :rolleyes:

Rgds,Chris

Lucky I got the price list on here. The Hong Kong shop is not announcing the price increase to customers

Is this list complete ? Items not in the list will not be increased ?

Only 3 more days to go....

You are correct...this is a list of items with changing prices. Anything not on the list remains the same.

Lucky I got the price list on here. The Hong Kong shop is not announcing the price increase to customers

Hi Vicknor, I am just curious as to the prices of figures in the HK Shop. Are figures that are listed at $45.00 on the K&C web site the same price at the shop but priced in Chinese currency ?

Thanks ....Wayne

Hi Vicknor, I am just curious as to the prices of figures in the HK Shop. Are figures that are listed at $45.00 on the K&C web site the same price at the shop but priced in Chinese currency ?

Thanks ....Wayne

The Hong Kong Dollar is pegged to the USD and so although prices are listed in the local currency, they are essentially the same price as you see on the website.

1 USD = 7.75/7.76 HKD always so $100 USD = $775 HKD

For those interested, I just had an email from an tsrare who tells me that they will be raising K&C prices significantly from tomorrow.

For those interested, I just had an email from an tsrare who tells me that they will be raising K&C prices significantly from tomorrow.

There is NO SIGNIFICANT price increase. There is an increase in about 1/3 of products yet most are less than $40 HKD or $5 USD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back