K&C Retroactive Price Increases (5 Viewers)

Which underlines my point Vezzolf, if you feel that way, and taking into account your many criticisms of the company over the months, why on earth do you A) keep buying the product and B) keep coming to this area of the forum, surely you would have given up by now if there was a much wider choice elsewhere...oh wait there isn't is there, K&C offer the widest choice don't they.

Rob

Rob, Make no mistake about it there are other choices out there and better products as well.....for those of us who can see beyond K/C....Need I mention who those manufacturers are?? I think most of us know the answer to that question...

Rob, Make no mistake about it there are other choices out there and better products as well.....for those of us who can see beyond K/C....Need I mention who those manufacturers are?? I think most of us know the answer to that question...

I don't. Enlighten me.

As Rob said, if you have better choices out there, then buy them. But stop insulting my selection of toy soldiers which includes K&C. And just so everyone knows, I have AFVs and figures from several companies including HB, CS, JJD, TGM, Figarti and FL NAPs. K&C is a large part of my collection but definitely not the only one.

You don't like K&C (Well I do). You like other manufacturers better. I get it. You have made your point. Move on.

Terry

Now that depends on how much you want to spend on a Tank/kit, and how limited you are in your sphere of collecting, and exactly what scale you want your figures. But Figarti do some great stuff.

Rob

Agree Rob...Figarti produces a great product....But did you forget about First Legion??;)....They produce a fantastic product...might likely be the best....If I may be so bold;).....But What can you do for some of us it's hard to make changes;)

Agree Rob...Figarti produces a great product....But did you forget about First Legion??;)....They produce a fantastic product...might likely be the best....If I may be so bold;).....But What can you do for some of us it's hard to make changes;)

No probs each to their own:)

Rob

Regards Rob...No hard feelings:)[/QUOTE

None at all Vezzolf, we are only talking Toy Soldiers and there should never be any over those, if we all liked the same thing it would be boring:).

Rob

My five cents worth. Is it possible that K/C sees " other "mfg. getting $300.00 for a vehicle and $45.00 for one figure, WITHOUT ANY COLLECTOR COMPLAINTS and says to himself, why shouldn't I? Just musing out loud...Michael

I have a dime from 1989. The dime was worth 10 cents when I got it and its only worth 10 cents now. Hmmmm I also have FOB28 that I bought for $25 that I sold for $18 but now is supposedly worth $35. Go figure!

I have a dime from 1989. The dime was worth 10 cents when I got it and its only worth 10 cents now. Hmmmm I also have FOB28 that I bought for $25 that I sold for $18 but now is supposedly worth $35. Go figure!

If your dime is from 1989, it's worth only about $0.05 now :D

As for FOB28, it can be worth different amounts to different people at different times, but lets not confuse worth and cost. Maybe it cost $12 to make several years ago when you bought it for $25 and it's resale value when you sold it was only $18. But the FOB28 you would buy new from a dealer today was probably made within the last 12 months at a cost much higher than $12.

As to what it's worth, it depends if people are willing to pay $35 for it now. If not, no more will get made and it will be retired.

Terry

If your dime is from 1989, it's worth only about $0.05 now :D

As for FOB28, it can be worth different amounts to different people at different times, but lets not confuse worth and cost. Maybe it cost $12 to make several years ago when you bought it for $25 and it's resale value when you sold it was only $18. But the FOB28 you would buy new from a dealer today was probably made within the last 12 months at a cost much higher than $12.

As to what it's worth, it depends if people are willing to pay $35 for it now. If not, no more will get made and it will be retired.

Terry

Very Enlightening:D

with all the belly aching going on, I see this as a potential positive thing.

china is clearly beginning to grapple with some of the issues the USA and other industrialized nations as we and they became economically stronger.

A workforce wanting to have many of the luxury goods they are making and beginning to have the means to afford more for themselves.

While that drives prices up, it's also a great thing in a lot of ways.

As China reaches parity with the USA and EU countries maybe, just maybe that can level the field somewhat and maybe bring prices to a point where it could be feasible to produce things like this in the USA.

Just a quick thought.

Honestly...I still think some guys underestimate the effects K/C retired prices had on current K/C retail.... inflation has come from within the ranks...not from dealers...not as a result of other companies...but from K/C "collectors" themselves....

I have just gotten a premonition of the future. It has to happen because I have seen it all unfold.....

Deleted posts...

Honestly...I still think some guys underestimate the effects K/C retired prices had on current K/C retail.... inflation has come from within the ranks...not from dealers...not as a result of other companies...but from K/C "collectors" themselves....

So it's collectors from the past who caused the increase in production costs. Are you even paying attention to what you are saying.

As Rutledge said. You clearly have some axe to grind and have had one for a long time. IMO you are so biased that your opinion is worth nothing.

Terry

So it's collectors from the past who caused the increase in production costs. Are you even paying attention to what you are saying.

As Rutledge said. You clearly have some axe to grind and have had one for a long time. IMO you are so biased that your opinion is worth nothing.

Terry

I believe that some of the past "retired" K/C marketing practices..(Greed) especially in secondary markets has had an effect on current prices....you may not agree; that is your perogative.....When K/C was selling at lower prices "collectors" began buying multiples and then selling them for more than double or triple the original cost...."Perceived Value Increase"....I believe this had "some"effect...

Gentlemen, we were doing well staying on topic. People are free to opinions, but not insults or name calling.

Vezzolf has been removed from this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back