K&C SOHK / Imperial collection / China Marines corner (2 Viewers)

jules118

Corporal
Following a suggestion from Brett and crediting Ron with his Naps corner, here's a thread dedicated to the real (he)art of King & Country. The exotic East, from the sub-continent to Imperial China.

So, let them count rivets on Tiger tanks or carp about whether their platoons should be saluting or getting slaughtered in a lonely corner of the 'pool room.' :p

This is to share our thoughts and pix using the figures from the Silk Road, Streets of Old Hong Kong, Imperial Collection, Sons of Empire and of course the China marines / USN.

Last edited:
Haiphong

And to start off, some of my pix using SOHK, plus some sailors, Delprado French army and Britains Delhi Durbar figures for my port in French Indochina

Attachments

• Indochine-22.jpg
    Indochine-22.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 711
  • Indochine-16.jpg
    Indochine-16.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 702
  • Indochine-3.jpg
    Indochine-3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 705
  • Indochine-2.jpg
    Indochine-2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 692
  • Indochine-5.jpg
    Indochine-5.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 702
Jules,

Brilliant idea ! With credit to the Napoleonic Corner started by Ron.

I think you need to warm up the crowd with some images to get them going.

I found an old flyer the other day showing the Imperial series from 10 years ago (ie with the different coloured Regiments). Does anybody have a good display of those they would like to share ?

Regards
Brett

some more

Attachments

• Indochine-4.jpg
    Indochine-4.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 578
  • Indochine-5-2.jpg
    Indochine-5-2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 572
  • Indochine-11.jpg
    Indochine-11.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 578
  • Indochine-17.jpg
    Indochine-17.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 556
  • Indochine-13.jpg
    Indochine-13.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 563
And as night starts to fall and dinner beckons

Attachments

• Indochine-7.jpg
    Indochine-7.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 540
  • Indochine-9.jpg
    Indochine-9.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 550
Jules,

Brilliant idea ! With credit to the Napoleonic Corner started by Ron.

I think you need to warm up the crowd with some images to get them going.

I found an old flyer the other day showing the Imperial series from 10 years ago (ie with the different coloured Regiments). Does anybody have a good display of those they would like to share ?

Regards
Brett

Heys - thanks for the credit !

I believe it is fun to have a single thread for those collectors to go to and show their collections. I will check this these posts out everytime when I logo on !

Indeed he did, think this was just before he found himself in a rather compromising situation with a couple of nubile young masseuses in one of the many houses of ill repute situated near the wharf.

My wife actually collects the matt SOHK range amongst other Oriental items.

To start with a special set of “Gift Givers” made for the K&C UK Collectors Club members some years ago.

Jeff

Attachments

• Ch01.JPG
    Ch01.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 477
  • sp02.JPG
    sp02.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 479
Here are a few photos of my collection - some have been shown in previous threads - I certainly need to take some new ones.
:) Mike

PICT0001-7.jpg

PICT0002-4.jpg

PICT0005-1.jpg

PICT0001-5.jpg

PICT0007-1.jpg

PICT0002-5.jpg

Hello Mike,
Excellent mix with the background, the third photo from the bottom has almost a perfect composition.
Good job.
Rod.

Couldn't help myself, had to include a couple more with 'Mad Jock'

Attachments

• Indochine-3.jpg
    Indochine-3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Indochine-2.jpg
    Indochine-2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 389
Silk Road Series / Imperial Collection / Glossy K&C Boxers

picture.php

You have a wonderful looking collection Lawrence. I wish I had started my collection when the Silk Road Gateway was still available - fabulous piece that makes a terrific backdrop for your figures.

Great thread there is some awesome dio,s on here will be checking this one often.

You have a wonderful looking collection Lawrence. I wish I had started my collection when the Silk Road Gateway was still available - fabulous piece that makes a terrific backdrop for your figures.

Mike,
Thanks for the kind words. I, unfortunately, do not have your talent for creating such vivid scenes with the camera. The Gateway is a wonderful and versatile piece. I was fortunate enough to find the Gateway and purchase them at a reasonable price. The interesting part about the Gateway is that it came in two pieces with the top building detachable. So, by removing the top piece, the Gateway could be used as a backdrop for various different lines made by K&C such as the Roman/Crusades/WW1/WW2and LAH.
Please keep posting as I always enjoy viewing your wonderful collection (which seems to be growing all the time:))
All the best,
Lawrence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back