King & Country book (2 Viewers)

Kevin

Myself and Bob are always reading Treefrog.

Mike is in Crete at the moment and is back on Tuesday.

Send me an e-mail of what it is you need and i will see what we can do.

tony@kingandcountry.co.uk

We are a little up in the air at the moment with our new warehouse and OSTN and then Hong Kong so please bear with us.

Tony Neville
K&C UK

PS for you Monty Python fans.........a friend of mine Passed away last week after a second lung transplant operation did not work unfortuantly. He only had a few more months to live at best so the risk of the 2nd op was worth it. Anyway he was a very funny guy and even as he went under he said to his wife...'no peeking at my bits when i'am out' (how about that for last words). He was also a big Chelsea fan (he could not help that he was ill) so during his service they played 'Blue is the Colour' and as the curtains closed on the 'commitment' it was 'Always look on the Bright side' by Eric Idle in Life of Brian. The funny thing was he made sure that the line 'Life's a piece of ****...if you really look at it' was as the curtain closed. So there were tears but i have to say it was the first time at a service i have laughed as the curtains closed. Very Apt for a very funny guy. 47 Nic i will always think of you mate. Heaven has just become a funnier palce to hang out.:)

The word censored was ***** for those of you not seen the film our heard the song. S**T

Ant
As we both know there is only one way to look at life!
From your good looking and more intelligent brother!
See ya soon
Bob

Bob

I had my will changed the other day and now my song as the curtain closes is to be 'Goodness gracious great balls of fire'...........mind Elvis song on that film would be good as well............'Hunk Hunker burning love':D

Ant

Bob

I had my will changed the other day and now my song as the curtain closes is to be 'Goodness gracious great balls of fire'...........mind Elvis song on that film would be good as well............'Hunk Hunker burning love':D

Ant

Tony,
I thought about "The End" by the Doors, but that would be just too depressing. So I settled on Andy Stewart singing "Donald Waurs Yer Troosers" instead.
:D:D

Sorry about your friend Tony. At least he got to see Chelsea win the title.

Guys, Thanks. Maybe you could PM me? Or I will try to call as I think we need to discuss. Done a few hundred so far I think (bl@@d£ feels like anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Actually, probably most of it now done.

A DVD will be on its way to Louis shortly, but definitely not yet finished, its slow work on your own.

Could really use some UK based help (or a free air fare somewhere) to help shoot the outstanding sets.

I have a large gap with the Napoleonics. Louis has the very old stuff and we have shot this. Could anyone volunteer a Nap collection to shoot? Egyptians....

If one of the Nevilles are reading this, might a trip up to Spennymore help? Do you have anywhere with reasonable light to set a diorama up?

Sample of some I have shot since returning from Louis' that won't be in the book.

Did you ever get pics of Napoleonics for the book?

Louis,

Will your K&C book address what was intended for skipped sets, e.g., AK10, 12, 14-15? Also, will it have some kind of index for when sets were released and retired? Thanks.

DK

Can we see a sample page of the book ?

I'd also like to add my welcome to the forum Angus. If you're new to K&C then you'll find a lot of relevant info on the forum.....and a LOT of GREAT characters as well. :):)

Best Regards
H

Welcome to the forum Angus,hope you have fun and get to share your hobby with lots of like minded folk.:)

Rob

Thank you for the welcome Canadian Samurai ! I am completly new to the world of King & Country ,

Angus - check out the diorama and other sections....it isn't all as silly as this - then again....:eek::eek::eek::)

Can we see a sample page of the book ?

Welcome Angus. I have posted a number of quotes from the text of the book throughout the threads of the K&C forum, and Kevin has posted several photographs from the photo shoot we did for the book, so just have a look around the forum, and you should get a pretty clear picture of what the book will include.

Hi Louis,

Do you have an expected publication date?

Looking forward to seeing this work.

All the best

Dave

We had a meeting with the sponsors recently, and got an education as to how many different choices go into publishing a book, different paper sizes, formatting, etc. We have put the book in the sponsors' hands to come up with a workable format which they can afford to publish at a reasonable price to the collector. We hope to see the book released somtime in 2008, but I can't be more explicit than that.

Hi Angus,

Welcome to the Treefrog Toy Soldier Forum. If you are like me, your participation on this forum will begin a new adventure. There are many friendly, well informed, and interesting collectors here. Most surely, you will find many friends with whom to share your passion for the hobby. I know I have!

Please visit frequently and post often. We value your involvment with the rest of us!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back