KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- JUNE 2018 (1 Viewer)

I was under the impression that having the releases on June 6 would coincide with some D-Day releases. Dissapointing.

H. WINTER HALF TRACK

From the hot and humid tropical battlefield of the Pacific to the cold and freezing winter of the Western Front or the even more cold and freezing of the war in the East.

WH092 “Sd.Kfz 250/11 Panzerbuchse 41”
We have only 100 of these great looking little German halftracks... perfect for any snow covered landscape... or collection.

AVAILABLE: Mid June

the painting on this vehicle looks GREAT ( mine has been ordered)
guy:)

Top😁👍
The US Marines boys for my this month. Mounted U.S. Cavalry are also on my list but first Vietnam and Pacific!!!

Harrie

"Releases will be delayed till June 6th" as a tribute to D.Day..??????????? So who is kidding who here?? maybe my old eyes are decieving me but i don"t see one single item relating to D.Day here!!!!….Very dissapointing KC.

Although some very nice sets, there is nothing that i collect in there, and nothing that makes my heart beat faster….so my credit card is safe.

Maybe next time KC should should release the dispatches on the anniversery of say Waterloo, as a tribute!!.....maybe then we will be treated to some D.Day stuff!!!!!!!!!.

Feeling just a tad "ripped off"and rather dissapointed.

Steve

REMEMBER AND RESPECT.

I was under the impression that having the releases on June 6 would coincide with some D-Day releases. Dissapointing.

Its called "SALES TECHNIQUE" ^&grin^&grin BTW do you want a free set of steak knives ? And do you want to buy the Sydney Opera House from me ?

On a more serious note the Polish infantry is a good start ie we need a lot more. I need all the Poles I can get for the telephone line from Warsaw to Krackow.

However I thought the Polish infantry officer was a bit of a clone of the cavalry officer.

Very happy for the new Vietnam releases..the price is very competitive ! :) Now the next batch hope will be Vietcong or NVA (but i presume the remaining Marines seen in the diorama) . Andy do you have some preview or drawing for the NVA/VC? Or maybe for ARVN?

An important feature of these new mounted figures is that the heads of the figures are mounted on a short metal pin that allows them to be swiveled from side-to-side or even exchanged with other similar figures to allow maximum variety and difference. This will enable some fortunate collectors to build as big or as long a column as they wish.

great idea you have started on the TRW figures...
this is a nice option to create a different look on these figures...
I hope it will extend to all of the sets you produce in the future...

With out question the 3 USMC "Special sets" will be headed into the fray in Waldoboro.

Also, looks like I have-ta' get the JN040 "Ha-Go".
I have one but can ALWAYS use more armor. I hate when I see the items I collect get retired ..boo hiss :mad:
BUT ... maybe it opens the door for more Japanese WWII items ...?:rolleyes2:

--- LaRRy

An important feature of these new mounted figures is that the heads of the figures are mounted on a short metal pin that allows them to be swiveled from side-to-side or even exchanged with other similar figures to allow maximum variety and difference. This will enable some fortunate collectors to build as big or as long a column as they wish.

great idea you have started on the TRW figures...
this is a nice option to create a different look on these figures...
I hope it will extend to all of the sets you produce in the future...

YO ! Sounds like a good selling point for K&C and I certainly hope they extend it to the Marine ranges. A Marine VN Sniper with choice of Bush hat head and Helmet head would please people ! Though Helmet head sounds like some sort of insult ! {sm4}

Steve

With out question the 3 USMC "Special sets" will be headed into the fray in Waldoboro.

Also, looks like I have-ta' get the JN040 "Ha-Go".
I have one but can ALWAYS use more armor. I hate when I see the items I collect get retired ..boo hiss :mad:
BUT ... maybe it opens the door for more Japanese WWII items ...?:rolleyes2:

--- LaRRy

The USMC specials sure do look good Larry, though for me I'll have to wait a bit to get them as it's been a bit of an expensive month TS wise with so many other manufacturers releases. Such as FL's 30th Foot in their Napoleonic Mass Battle range.

Like you have a Ha-Go. Nice tank, wonder what K&C have in the works to replace it !?
Of course we still could do with a Marine with a Bazooka to knock the Jap armour out and fix those bunkers too !
Steve

Glad to see the arrival of Polish infantry. Hopefully they will get armour support in due course.

Its called "SALES TECHNIQUE" ^&grin^&grin BTW do you want a free set of steak knives ? And do you want to buy the Sydney Opera House from me ?

On a more serious note the Polish infantry is a good start ie we need a lot more. I need all the Poles I can get for the telephone line from Warsaw to Krackow.

However I thought the Polish infantry officer was a bit of a clone of the cavalry officer.

I do not think it was a sales technic, I think it was treefroggers, well that answered the thread, fault, as we all assumed there would be D Day figures

Really not sure where to begin on something like this. I’m generally a completist, but rather put off now.

View attachment 233447

I mean, we collect miniatures that depict some of the bloodiest, most brutal conflicts in history- conflicts in which horrific war crimes were committed by individuals serving in Armies that our cheery, brightly coloured model Soldiers represent.

I think I can put up with a model of a comely Roman girl in form fitting armor.

Also, as a sidenote, love the new US Cavalry! The officer has an odd resemblance to a certain staff officer I work with...

I sure hope that the digger took a ship-load of gum leaves with him … that's the only food this cuddly animals eat :) :)

Maybe it was only a stuffed toy and not a real one ???

Looks good anyway ,

John

John,

Maybe this is a "Still" from a scene at a Training Camp in Australia before the boys left for O/S?

Bob

Great pick up Howard, makes the figure even more desirable to have. Robin.

"Releases will be delayed till June 6th" as a tribute to D.Day..??????????? So who is kidding who here?? maybe my old eyes are decieving me but i don"t see one single item relating to D.Day here!!!!….Very dissapointing KC.

Although some very nice sets, there is nothing that i collect in there, and nothing that makes my heart beat faster….so my credit card is safe.

Maybe next time KC should should release the dispatches on the anniversery of say Waterloo, as a tribute!!.....maybe then we will be treated to some D.Day stuff!!!!!!!!!.

Feeling just a tad "ripped off"and rather dissapointed.

Steve

REMEMBER AND RESPECT.

He did not say there would be D Day releases. He said as a tribute to D Day the releases would be delayed. You inferred what was not there, based on your own wishes / desires.

You know what they say about Assuming, right?

Camo Marines and mounted western troops, outstanding!

He did not say there would be D Day releases. He said as a tribute to D Day the releases would be delayed. You inferred what was not there, based on your own wishes / desires.

You know what they say about Assuming, right?

Camo Marines and mounted western troops, outstanding!
It was logical to assume that there was going to be D-Day releases because Andy announced that releases were to be announced on June 6 to commemorate D-Day. That's really all we are saying. Cheers

It was logical to assume that there was going to be D-Day releases because Andy announced that releases were to be announced on June 6 to commemorate D-Day. That's really all we are saying. Cheers

I don't know why Andy used the commemorate D-Day reason. I don't recall K&C ever before delaying Dispatches for a few days to commemorate a specific date. And there were no dropped hints or teasers suggesting a D-Day release was coming as K&C often does. In any case, he was just behind schedule as he said in the Dispatches.

WELCOME TO THIS MONTH’S ‘DISPATCHES’ and an apology for appearing a few days later than usual due to yours truly just getting back to HK from San Antonio and The Texas Toy Soldier Show.

Terry

Getting the dispatches is a privilege, to see in advance what’s coming. To complain about how it’s done is just dumb. Andy does it as a favor to us (and yes it helps pre-sales).

People need to remember this is fun and these are glorified toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back