KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- JUNE 2018 (2 Viewers)

March 2014 was a good month - Last genuine RTA release .

or the forgotten series of Ancient Greece...
have not seen a Persian in 4 over 4 years...
March of 2014...
seems like they are more than definitely long overdue...

I don't normally criticise anyone on the forum but it seems as though WW2 collectors are well and truly looked after, especially, from King and Country.
It's nice to see other releases from this company that interest me and at the moment, the cavalry and ancient enemies of Rome. Some of these collectors have never really grown up and it becomes irritating with their pleading for this and that. There is nothing wrong with making suggestions nicely and usually Andy is very accommodating. Regards Greg.

or the forgotten series of Ancient Greece...
have not seen a Persian in 4 over 4 years...
March of 2014...
seems like they are more than definitely long overdue...

But on the anniversary of the battle of Thermopylae you were not given any information that would lead you to believe something ancient related would be arriving in on the anniversary😉

Scott

Best to get them from TG.

honestly...
that is what I have been doing...
I was really disappointed that K&C stopped manufacturing the line...

as a completist...
on their Ancient Greece collection...
I ended up with a disproportionate amount of Hoplite/Spartans compared to Persians...

not their intention I'm guessing...
but difficult for a collector to create a small Battle of Thermopylae diorama...
when you have more Greeks than Persians...

I did these a while back...
TG has promised to have a lot more Persians in the near future...
hopefully so...
I'm buying them...

and still...
maybe Andy will revisit it...
I'm not giving up hope yet...

Attachments

• Spartan.jpg
    Spartan.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 417
  • Spartans.jpg
    Spartans.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 276
  • Spartans  (2).jpg
    Spartans (2).jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Spartans  (5).jpg
    Spartans (5).jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Spartans  (3).jpg
    Spartans (3).jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 302
But on the anniversary of the battle of Thermopylae you were not given any information that would lead you to believe something ancient related would be arriving in on the anniversary😉

Scott

huh?

what anniversary...
the battle of Thermopylae ‎was August or September...
480 BC...^&grin

Hopefully, the Greek line doesn’t go the way of the Civil War range. However, no releases in four years is cause for concern. At the very least you have other options.

I showed my wife the koala bear figure and before I could even say anything she said, "no, you can't get a koala bear".

I showed my wife the koala bear figure and before I could even say anything she said, "no, you can't get a koala bear".

But they are so cuddly. For an instant I thought you were going to say your wife took an immediate liking and wanted it for herself. Still it is an iconic piece and another worthy piece in this series. Mine is on it's way. Robin.

Hopefully, the Greek line doesn’t go the way of the Civil War range. However, no releases in four years is cause for concern. At the very least you have other options.

As was said earlier "You can't always get what you want"...

You base your releases on several factors...general sales, interest from dealers and collectors and whether there's a lot more to be said about the subject...As far as American Civil War is concerned we took it as far as we wanted to at that point in time...Same goes for American Revolution...

As for Persians, speaking personally I enjoyed doing the Greeks but the Persians were less interesting from a creative point of view...Of course others will disagree and that's fair enough but some parts of history offer more diversity and creative challenges that excite me more...i.e. The new Vietnam War series and Six-Day War...even our Apaches and John Ford Cavalry to name but a few.

I originally got into the business side of this hobby because I wanted to make toy soldiers that I personally wanted and obviously hoped other collectors might also enjoy...By and large that has been K&C's policy ever since...Sometimes we have 'crashed and burned'...More often, I'm happy and fortunate to say' we've grown and developed historical eras and events that have found favour with thousands of collectors around the world.

Remember Guys, no company can do it all but when you look at the huge variety and diversity of what's on offer from all of us there really is no major cause for concern.
All the best and happy collecting,
Andy.

Michael, you received your answer; you’ll have to purchase TG or FL.

The problem with your argument is that you get people to invest 100's or in most cases 1000's of £s into chosen lines and then without good reason or warning discontinue the range or even allude to new releases in the future that never materialise . You then start new ranges and run them month after month expecting your loyal followers to suck them all up and feed your coffers for as long as it pleases you .

As was said earlier "You can't always get what you want"...

You base your releases on several factors...general sales, interest from dealers and collectors and whether there's a lot more to be said about the subject...As far as American Civil War is concerned we took it as far as we wanted to at that point in time...Same goes for American Revolution...

As for Persians, speaking personally I enjoyed doing the Greeks but the Persians were less interesting from a creative point of view...Of course others will disagree and that's fair enough but some parts of history offer more diversity and creative challenges that excite me more...i.e. The new Vietnam War series and Six-Day War...even our Apaches and John Ford Cavalry to name but a few.

I originally got into the business side of this hobby because I wanted to make toy soldiers that I personally wanted and obviously hoped other collectors might also enjoy...By and large that has been K&C's policy ever since...Sometimes we have 'crashed and burned'...More often, I'm happy and fortunate to say' we've grown and developed historical eras and events that have found favour with thousands of collectors around the world.

Remember Guys, no company can do it all but when you look at the huge variety and diversity of what's on offer from all of us there really is no major cause for concern.
All the best and happy collecting,
Andy.

The problem with your argument is that you get people to invest 100's or in most cases 1000's of £s into chosen lines and then without good reason or warning discontinue the range or even allude to new releases in the future that never materialise . You then start new ranges and run them month after month expecting your loyal followers to suck them all up and feed your coffers for as long as it pleases you .

Bit unfair that. K&C do or have done dozens of ranges that either thrive which makes it possible financially to continue a line or fail when it's not covering costs. Though I don't just buy from one manufacturer and my tastes and interests have altered over the years where something's slip into the background whilst others come to the fore and so ranges that I spend my money on changes and I'm sure this is true with a lot of collectors.

Forgive me, but you make Andy sound like Private Walker the Spiv from Dad's Army and instead of peddling blackmarket stockings or tins of pineapple chunks he
purveys a dodgy line of toy soldiers ! Psst wanna see some pre war quality toy soldiers that fell off the back of a lorry !:wink2:

imagesKTPVKI9J.jpg

Steve

The problem with your argument is that you get people to invest 100's or in most cases 1000's of £s into chosen lines and then without good reason or warning discontinue the range or even allude to new releases in the future that never materialise . You then start new ranges and run them month after month expecting your loyal followers to suck them all up and feed your coffers for as long as it pleases you .[/

No one sucks up anything ...Least of all the vast majority of our collectors...

Every company, K&C included, has the right to retire, discontinue or temporarily suspend any line or series according to the demands of the market at any given time...And, as I clearly said earlier, if we feel we have explored where we wish to go with that particular series at that time.

It probably has escaped your notice that we have returned to many ranges after a number of years of 'lying fallow' with better and improved ideas, figures and animation...Japanese WW2...US Marines in the Pacific...The Red Army... and now Vietnam!

Just because you don't get what you want when you want it you throw one of your occasional tantrums ...Grow up for Gawd's sake.
Andy.

Andy...

I never thought my post hoping for more Persians...
would supersede your business model of what is going to be on your work table in the future...
I never thought you would just drop what you're working on...
to cater to Mike Miller...

and I do agree that the Spartans are far more interesting than the Persians...

so I appreciate the update that this series has run it's course...

I owned a restaurant for 27 years...
sometimes I would create a new item for the menu that I thought was a great idea...
and sometimes it didn't become near as popular as I hoped...
so we pulled it off the menu...

some customers would complain and ask me to put it back on the menu...
I wouldn't...the menu can only be so big...
but I would make it special for them when they asked for it...

now I know that's not practical for you...
you can't cater to the minority...
as I couldn't either...
it's not a sound business plan...
you can't sculpt a dozen new figures for one guy...
go to the factory and say I need one of each of these for a collector...

so again...I appreciate the update and some closure on the issue...

c'est la vie...such is life...

or as Brad said..."you can't always get what you want"

The problem with your argument is that you get people to invest 100's or in most cases 1000's of £s into chosen lines and then without good reason or warning discontinue the range or even allude to new releases in the future that never materialise . You then start new ranges and run them month after month expecting your loyal followers to suck them all up and feed your coffers for as long as it pleases you .[/

Every company, K&C included, has the right to retire, discontinue or temporarily suspend any line or series according to the demands of the market at any given time...And, as I clearly said earlier, if we feel we have explored where we wish to go with that particular series at that time.

It probably has escaped your notice that we have returned to many ranges after a number of years of 'lying fallow' with better and improved ideas, figures and animation...Japanese WW2...US Marines in the Pacific...The Red Army... and now Vietnam!

Just because you don't get what you want when you want it you throw one of your occasional tantrums ...Grow up for Gawd's sake.
Andy.

Amen!:wink2:^&grin^&cool

Scotr

Wonderful post Michael. In being a forum member over the years and having talked to manufacturers and dealers, one thing collectors sometimes lose sight of is that this is a business and a livelihood for many and as such it needs to be run like a business. I don't think collectors always see it because it's their hobby; I have seen some posts saying manufacturers do it because they love toys and are not in it for the money.

Andy, I think K&C does a really good job with offering a little bit of everything for your average collector. Although I was also looking forward to a few D-Day releases this month, I'm going to use this month to play catch-up on some past releases. I know that you sometimes also surprise us with a special dispatch or two during the month.

Although the Wittmann Tanks seemed to go like Kool-Aid. {sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back