KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- September 2017 (1 Viewer)

Some 200 were produced and many went to several Anti-tank Battalions for Barbarossa where they replaced 3.7mm towed anti-tank guns. The 4.7mm gun was superior to the towed 3.7mm gun and they saw combat but performed so poorly mechanically, the units went back to their towed 3.7mm guns. The 35Rs were withdrawn from Russia and were assigned to infantry divisions and anti-tank units in France were they fought extensively in Normandy. Some garrisoned the Channel Islands (Guernsey, Jersey). Despite being obsolete in 1944, the 4.7mm gun could take out most allied tanks except the Churchill. It would be a wonderful model for Normandy 1944 but I'm pretty certain none went to Afrika or even Italy.

ren35capt13-5ba9482695f80ec5785d707384b9240a.jpg

Converted 4.7mm 35R and unconverted 35R tank from the 100th Panzer Regiment near Cherbourg 1944. Note the consecutive numbers and the similar camo patterns - SPG and Tank in the same company?

Terry

Thanks Terry for the additional info...while you may indeed be correct...Who's to say that some of those converted vwhicles were not shipped out to North Africa...After all, thanks to the Royal Navy and the RAF most of Rommel's resupplies ended up on the seabed of the Mediterranean..!

I think that's a not unreasonable assumption...
Andy.

Thanks Terry for the additional info...while you may indeed be correct...Who's to say that some of those converted vwhicles were not shipped out to North Africa...After all, thanks to the Royal Navy and the RAF most of Rommel's resupplies ended up on the seabed of the Mediterranean..!

I think that's a not unreasonable assumption...
Andy.

I'd like to put this one on the list of 10.

And why respond to just me when 2 other collectors went into detail broaching the subject before I posted anything.

Otherwise it's a very well done model and I would be first in line to get one with a Normandy paint job. I suspect the camo is dunkelgelb base and dunkelgruen (dark green) "snake" disruptive pattern

Terry

I'd like to put this one on the list of 10.

And why respond to just me when 2 other collectors went into detail broaching the subject before I posted anything.

Otherwise it's a very well done model and I would be first in line to get one with a Normandy paint job. I suspect the camo is dunkelgelb base and dunkelgruen (dark green) "snake" disruptive pattern

Terry

I was quite sure that no Pz Kpfw 35R saw action in North Africa, and thanks to Luiz and Terry for the additional informations provided.

Every collectors has his own taste and preferencies ....and in my case I'm sensible to historical accuracy of the models I'm going to buy........so..............I'll wait for a Normandy camo repaint :smile2:

Cheers

Roberto

I was quite sure that no Pz Kpfw 35R saw action in North Africa, and thanks to Luiz and Terry for the additional informations provided.

Every collectors has his own taste and preferencies ....and in my case I'm sensible to historical accuracy of the models I'm going to buy........so..............I'll wait for a Normandy camo repaint :smile2:

Cheers

Roberto

Also the 35R was in the fighting at Arnhem in September 1944 Pz.Jg.Abt.684 was equipped with 6 - 4.7cm PaK(t) auf 35R (f) This model would make good opposition in an Arnhem diorama and there are probably some photos of them in the many books on Arnhem.

Terry

Pz Kpfw 35R

I did write in a previous post that I di not think this vehicle saw action in the Western Desert and I did have a check when I got home from working away and I cannot find any evidence it was there. Nice vehicle but not for me.

I have had a look through the 2017 dispatches and I noticed there very few actual new vehicle releases? The majority have been remoulds and/or repaints.........

Pz Kpfw 35R

I did write in a previous post that I di not think this vehicle saw action in the Western Desert and I did have a check when I got home from working away and I cannot find any evidence it was there. Nice vehicle but not for me.

I have had a look through the 2017 dispatches and I noticed there very few actual new vehicle releases? The majority have been remoulds and/or repaints.........

To be fair, I think if you go back over the last 12 months you will see a fair number of all-new fighting vehicles that K&C has brought out including such major releases as the British 'Comet' tank...The mighty JS2 'Josef Stalin' monster...The Israeli 'Isherman' and a number of smaller vehicles too such as the brand-new 'Rommel's Adler' 251 and the other 251 with the anti tank gun mounted on the front plus several other SPG's including the most recent Marder III.

Of course we also produce alternative versions of other items as and when we feel there is a need from our collectors or a requirement from Dealers.

Put all of our releases together , brand-new and alternative versions and you have a broader and more diverse collection of fighting vehicles, British, German, American, Soviet and now Japanese, than the rest of our competitors combined!

Not too shabby for just one small company in just one 12 month period...I hope you will agree.
Best wishes and happy collecting, Andy.

If I may reiterate my question that I think got a bit lost in there, any chance that these two will also make an appearance in the Sheriff of Nottingham's livery at some point?

MK168 ‘Knight About to Strike’
With his large long Norman-style shield protecting the length of his body this fighting Knight is about to strike a deadly blow!

MK169 ‘Knight Fighting Double-Handed’
One hand is good... two even better to grip your sword handle and ‘parry’ an aggressive enemy.

If I may reiterate my question that I think got a bit lost in there, any chance that these two will also make an appearance in the Sheriff of Nottingham's livery at some point?

MK168 ‘Knight About to Strike’
With his large long Norman-style shield protecting the length of his body this fighting Knight is about to strike a deadly blow!

MK169 ‘Knight Fighting Double-Handed’
One hand is good... two even better to grip your sword handle and ‘parry’ an aggressive enemy.

My apologies 'WK'...I got sidetracked elsewhere!

YES, both of those fighting knights WILL also appear in the Sherrif of Nottingham's yellow and black livery...fear not.

Best wishes and happy collecting! Andy.

Got to revisit the new SPR set, in my humble opinion these fine WWII soldiers look to be some of the best made by K&C, of course it's great subject matter, but I also love the detail in the uniforms and the best is no black outlining!!!! so your eye doesn't pick up on anything but the flow of the uniform itself, I surely hope at least the first set of 4 are available in Chicago for sale. I would like to create a small diorama using the 8 soldiers, wondering if it's a range that K&C will add to after the 2nd set is released???

attachment.php

i wonder or al the indians from custers last stand are attached on the horse,or seperated?ronald.

Always love the desert stuff, but that horse and cart is the bomb! Great to see more civilians in the mix again Andy, well done sir.:salute::

Always love the desert stuff, but that horse and cart is the bomb! e::

Toddy I am shocked at your terrorist terminology ^&grin When you are, reluctantly, in the dress shop with your wife asking your opinion (always a dangerous time for any husband) hopefully you don't say "that dress is the bomb". Next thing you know your local bomb disposal mates are being called and the shop is being cordoned off and the neighbourhood evacuated {sm2}

Toddy I am shocked at your terrorist terminology ^&grin When you are, reluctantly, in the dress shop with your wife asking your opinion (always a dangerous time for any husband) hopefully you don't say "that dress is the bomb". Next thing you know your local bomb disposal mates are being called and the shop is being cordoned off and the neighbourhood evacuated {sm2}

Teehee.......it's even worse if you drop the 'B' word at the airport,{eek3} I wouldn't recommend it....tends to attract the wrong type of attention from grumpy blokes with guns{sm2}

As a long serving (surviving) husband, I have learned to avoid ladies dress shops and shopping with the Mrs's, unless buying a new fry-pan. I never ever mention weight, size, grey hair, eye-sight or anything to do with gravity and always were sun glasses in public on the off chance some pretty young thing comes bouncing past and I receive that side-ways glance that all husbands dread. ^&grin

Teehee.......it's even worse if you drop the 'B' word at the airport,{eek3} I wouldn't recommend it....tends to attract the wrong type of attention from grumpy blokes with guns{sm2}

As a long serving (surviving) husband, I have learned to avoid ladies dress shops and shopping with the Mrs's, unless buying a new fry-pan. I never ever mention weight, size, grey hair, eye-sight or anything to do with gravity and always were sun glasses in public on the off chance some pretty young thing comes bouncing past and I receive that side-ways glance that all husbands dread. ^&grin

Wearing sun glasses in NZ would be suspicious in any circumstances. Isn't it called the "long white cloud" or something.

My apologies 'WK'...I got sidetracked elsewhere!

YES, both of those fighting knights WILL also appear in the Sherrif of Nottingham's yellow and black livery...fear not.

Best wishes and happy collecting! Andy.

Great news, I could certainly do with some action poses. :smile2:

Got to revisit the new SPR set, in my humble opinion these fine WWII soldiers look to be some of the best made by K&C, of course it's great subject matter, but I also love the detail in the uniforms and the best is no black outlining!!!! so your eye doesn't pick up on anything but the flow of the uniform itself, I surely hope at least the first set of 4 are available in Chicago for sale. I would like to create a small diorama using the 8 soldiers, wondering if it's a range that K&C will add to after the 2nd set is released???

attachment.php

Hopefully a "Private Ryan" figure gets done soon ^&confuse

Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back