King & Country Museum Under Construction (1 Viewer)

Louis Badolato

Lieutenant General
Well gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that the Louis Badolato (unofficial) King & Country Museum is finally under construction. The three room third-floor of my house has been framed out by John, the carpenter employed by the General Contractor I engaged, and I can now tell you that the area for showing my collection will total in excess of 780 square feet, with an additional 100 square feet of storage for boxes behind the knee walls. The electrician will be coming next Wednesday. The project is scheduled to be completed by mid-February, to enable the installation of my collection prior to next year's New York Symposium, which will be March 9-11, 2007. This coming week I will be selecting fabric, carpeting, and paint colors. The ten show cases I purchased arrived last week (and are presently being stored in my dining room). I will take some photographs of the progress of the project once the electrical work is completed next week.

Louis,
Congratulations and good luck! Your passion contributes and elevates all our love for K & C . Thank you again for your knowledge and gentalmanly manner on this forum.
Merry Christmas,
Ray

I hope the builder makes allowances for all that polystone, otherwise your collection may end up in your basement :)

I hope the builder makes allowances for all that polystone, otherwise your collection may end up in your basement :)

The house has stood since 1845, and the past owners stored tons of old furniture up there, so I think it should support the polystone.

Bill Sager dropped by last night, and I gave him a tour of the third floor. Its all framed out, and the electrician is due to start Tuesday. Happy New Year all, and lets hope the contractor gets it all together in time for the symposium!

:DWill you be charging admission:eek: Are you open on bank holidays:D, Christmas, school summer holidays:D, or just basically all the time:D?????

:DWill you be charging admission:eek: Are you open on bank holidays:D, Christmas, school summer holidays:D, or just basically all the time:D?????

Are you kidding? I would probably pay people to come just so I can show off my collection. I am open anytime someone wants to visit, but its a good idea to call or e-mail in advance or you might not find me home!

Which display cases did you get?

I bought some really nice and very inexpensive curio cabinets from the Bombay Company outlet. At $148 each, they were affordable, they have interior lighting, glass shelves, a mirrored back, glass doors and glass sides, and have a nice old fashioned cherry wood finish on the wood parts. I bought ten, and now I have to buy three long library tables for the middle of the main room on which to display dioramas.

I bought some really nice and very inexpensive curio cabinets from the Bombay Company outlet. At $148 each, they were affordable, they have interior lighting, glass shelves, a mirrored back, glass doors and glass sides, and have a nice old fashioned cherry wood finish on the wood parts. I bought ten, and now I have to buy three long library tables for the middle of the main room on which to display dioramas.

Louis, don't you have issues with dust regarding your diorama, i can't imagine how it would look in my house after like 3 months. what do you do for that?

Louis, don't you have issues with dust regarding your diorama, i can't imagine how it would look in my house after like 3 months. what do you do for that?

I use my wife's hairdryer, set to cool, to blow off the dust, and, if a vehicle or figure needs more, I steal one of her makeup brushes.

I use my wife's hairdryer, set to cool, to blow off the dust, and, if a vehicle or figure needs more, I steal one of her makeup brushes.

Doesn't she complain when she finds that her blusher has an Olive Drab hue to it? :D

Louis, Do you have a link or a picture of the cases your purchased? I'm in the market for new cases and i went to see on Bombay's site but couldn't find anything.
Let me know
Thanks!

Doesn't she complain when she finds that her blusher has an Olive Drab hue to it? :D

I thought Olive Drab was the new rage in blush.

I can hear it now, "If I'm going out on the town with YOU tonight, I'll put on my best camo so nobody thinks it's me ..."

Time for an update on the progress of the museum: The electrician put in all of the lighting in the main room, and all of the light sockets in the main and two side rooms. The framing is about one day from being completed throughout, and the plumber will be coming soon to do the heating. I have selected the fabric for the banquet seating, as well as the carpeting.

I thought Olive Drab was the new rage in blush.

I can hear it now, "If I'm going out on the town with YOU tonight, I'll put on my best camo so nobody thinks it's me ..."

But Pete, camo is SOOOOOO 1990's.......:D LOL What do you wear with grey camo, is this the latest Goth thing? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back