Knights of the Sky (1 Viewer)

That Wilhelm Leusch pilot figure looks great climbing into the Degelow Fokker! I have the same plane and now may need to get that figure as well... But I do wish JJD would make a Degelow figure. There’s a good period photo of him in uniform standing next to the Fokker DVII thst could work for a little setup.

Does anyone have any idea on what the new plane for this series will be? Will it be a plane john has not done before or another version of ones he has done? Does anyone have any inside info on this , like brad

I’ve never communicated with JJ about his philosophy regarding the model release schedule. However, in most cases, I don’t think he likes to share information about what’s in the pipeline. I suggest that because “previews,” as innocuous as they might appear, sometimes devolve into sources of controversy. If anyone doubts that, check out the WB forum, here, at Treefrog.:eek: I certainly don’t want to go overboard with that analogy, but I can just about guarantee our readers that Jenkins has no interest in putting out fires of his own making. He’s simply too busy and doesn’t have the time or energy to do so. In making these comments, I realize that I’ve provided no succor for y’all’s insatiable curiosity. If you’re finding yourself frustrated by what I’ve touched on above, please note that I’m in the EXACT SAME situation as other JJD collectors. So, now we wait.:eek:

-Moe

That Wilhelm Leusch pilot figure looks great climbing into the Degelow Fokker! I have the same plane and now may need to get that figure as well... But I do wish JJD would make a Degelow figure. There’s a good period photo of him in uniform standing next to the Fokker DVII thst could work for a little setup.

I'd go for the Degelow figure! I think I know which photo you mean. I have Frank Luke standing in front of his SPAD. would like to have Carl in front of his D7.

Really wish John would find room in the schedule for McCudden's SE-5, and maybe a few others from 56 Squadron. The Mannock SE-5 still stands as one of John's best models. -- Al

Regarding suggestions. I want a Gotha. I know why John has said it is likely to never be made , I still want him to do one.

I had the a chance at the TG 10 pinkish colored ones a few years ago and they emailed me a response that there was one left for pre order, but the email went to my junk mail and I didn't see it for a month. Bad thing was I had just won a 1200 dollar prize at work so it was a no brainier on getting it.

Now something I could hope for and receive would be a wheel chock set of say 10 or so sets of wheel chocks.
I have a quite a few planes but very few chocks.

I knew I had seen this , but could not find it in December. Aiken's Airplanes has a Gotha and in December had a 20% off sale. I imagine they will have a sale sometime in the future, so you might be able to get a very good deal on a TGM Gotha if they do. I got one last year and it is a stunning model. The only downside is displaying it due to its size...

Happy Hunting.

Thank You and they do still have it. I think I would have jumped on it now had not someone reminded me of the JJD Rome/Carth ships the other day.
I wish I had a rough idea of what they are going to cost. I am afraid I am going to be priced out of those but if they are somewhat reasonable everything else will wait.

Really wish John would find room in the schedule for McCudden's SE-5, and maybe a few others from 56 Squadron. The Mannock SE-5 still stands as one of John's best models. -- Al
Must have the Voss triplane to battle the above. C'mon John, you know you want to. -- Al

There haven’t been any WW I releases overall in the last few months. Hopefully, we haven’t seen the last of these ranges.

I was thinking the same thing this morning, we must be about to get a new WWI warbird release soon...

Just thought I’d share some pics of how I have part of my JJD Knights of the Skies and Great War collection of aircraft, vehicles, and figures displayed. I recently purchased a glass cabinet from Ikea and it does a great job protecting the models, keeping them relatively dust free, and displayed in a somewhat classy manner... Enjoy!

0-D758-D8-D-2229-486-C-A1-D2-AE2-E21-DC2-D72.jpg

9-A8-CA229-E006-4967-BB3-A-A2-EDBE6813-B0.jpg

3912-BB3-B-53-DB-4-DFB-8-F97-0-F8-FF95171-B9.jpg

E43596-B1-9-D4-E-426-F-B683-3507-F029-FF02.jpg

D0-D18-F24-9492-4714-B04-E-325-BDF8748-A6.jpg

C72-C0906-3-DFD-4939-9636-6093-B0907983.jpg

Great collection of JJD models, including the armor. Nice cabinet, too. -- Al

Just thought I’d share some pics of how I have part of my JJD Knights of the Skies and Great War collection of aircraft, vehicles, and figures displayed. I recently purchased a glass cabinet from Ikea and it does a great job protecting the models, keeping them relatively dust free, and displayed in a somewhat classy manner... Enjoy!

9-A8-CA229-E006-4967-BB3-A-A2-EDBE6813-B0.jpg

Awesome collection that you’ve put together.:cool: Jenkins’ stands are terrific for displaying the models, and have the added benefit of allowing collectors to maximize their storage space. With the stands, I can display seven or eight models in a curio bay that would otherwise be limited to three or four. Couldn’t get along without them.

-Moe

Three months since the last post on this thread. I know someone out there must have the gorgeous JJD Voss Albatros and it would be greatly appreciated to see pictures and opinions for those of us who don't have the plane yet. It's on my 'must have' list, which is getting longer as I fall further and further behind, but I sure would love to see pictures of it. -- Al

not good pics, but here's mine.

Attachments

• Unknown-6.jpeg
    Unknown-6.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 515
  • Unknown-7.jpeg
    Unknown-7.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 523
  • Unknown-8.jpeg
    Unknown-8.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 497
I am renewing my annual call to John to please do the Nieuport 11. Duke's excellent photos of the Morane N got me thinking again about the French development of the fighter aircraft abd their progression from the deflector plate system to the Nieuport 11 and it's gun on the upper wing designed to fire over the prop. The Germans had gotten the edge on the Allies with the synchronized gun on their Eindeckers and the French, still lacking a synchronized gun but realizing the Moranes and the deflector system were overmatched, countered with the iconic and very important Nieuport 11. This little French fighter was superior in performance to the Eindecker and was instrumental in bringing the 'Fokker Scourge' to an end. A version flown by France's great air hero Jean Navarre would be most welcome as would several Lafayette Escadrille versions.:wink2: -- Al

I am renewing my annual call to John to please do the Nieuport 11. Duke's excellent photos of the Morane N got me thinking again about the French development of the fighter aircraft abd their progression from the deflector plate system to the Nieuport 11 and it's gun on the upper wing designed to fire over the prop. The Germans had gotten the edge on the Allies with the synchronized gun on their Eindeckers and the French, still lacking a synchronized gun but realizing the Moranes and the deflector system were overmatched, countered with the iconic and very important Nieuport 11. This little French fighter was superior in performance to the Eindecker and was instrumental in bringing the 'Fokker Scourge' to an end. A version flown by France's great air hero Jean Navarre would be most welcome as would several Lafayette Escadrille versions.:wink2: -- Al

Thanks for the kind words Al.

I agree with the call for a Nieuport 11, would be great to see in the Knights of the Skies lineup.

the Navarre nieuport 11 is a wonderful idea, maybe john is worried about putting a machine gun on top of the wing that would work well it would also have to handle the shipping handle the shipping and customer handling without breaking off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back