Knights of the Sky (2 Viewers)

I’ve been somewhat remiss in recent postings and have dozens of pictures to post.

However - will be beering with JJ again this week and will post his thoughts on questions you have.

Please remember that the more specific the question, the less likely John is to answer. 😂😂.

I’ve been somewhat remiss in recent postings and have dozens of pictures to post.

However - will be beering with JJ again this week and will post his thoughts on questions you have.

Please remember that the more specific the question, the less likely John is to answer. 😂😂.

Okay, week's up.:eek:
Spill the beans (and pictures), Sir!{sm0}

-Moe

If anyone is interested, there is an ACE-09, Goering's white Fokker D-7, on sale on E-Bay with a starting bid of $120. I know nothing about the seller, just happened to notice the listing. It is not an easy plane to find. The auction ends Friday. The only other listing for this plane is out of Australia for a Buy It Now of $360.88 + $31.18 S&H. -- Al

Just received new figure "Ltn. Wilhelm Leusch".
The painting of the uniform and parachute parts is superb! very well done, great color and texture. looks fantastic climbing aboard the DVII. Highly recommended.

Just received new figure "Ltn. Wilhelm Leusch".
The painting of the uniform and parachute parts is superb! very well done, great color and texture. looks fantastic climbing aboard the DVII. Highly recommended.

Agree completely on the Leusch set, very sophisticated.:cool:

-Moe

Re WW1 bombers.....
I personally can't see John doing any large aircraft such as the DH9, RE8 or FE2 due to the cost...He must be guaranteed to sell lots of them to make it commercially viable. So. as far as I see it, the only option would be to buy from a manufacturer such as Thomas Gunn who produces smaller quantities.

Just my tuppence worth!

Pete

Its been awhile since i posted any pics of my Knights of the Sky collection. Here are some pics of my most recent acquisitions. These are some of the most recent German offerings by JOhn which, in my opinion, are some of the best figure sculpts he has done to date. The detail in them are over the top. Included in these photos are sets GGC-31, GGC-32, GGC-35, GGC-36, GGC-37, GGC-38, GGC-39, GGC-40, ACE-39P, ACE-31P, ACE-31, and ACE-37.

:smile2: Mike

DSC_0014 (1280x680).jpg

DSC_0015 (1280x853).jpg

DSC_0016 (1280x540).jpg

DSC_0017 (1280x678).jpg

DSC_0020 (1024x910).jpg

Fantastic sets, all. Absolutely love the carpenters and the pilots climbing into and out of their aircraft. Nobody does 'moment in time' action like John. Also, those are great shots of the black Fokker with it's details. -- Al

Nice pics, Mike. Viewed individually, the new GGC sets are terrific. However, it's the sum of all those parts that I find so compelling.:cool:

-Moe

Fantastic sets, all. Absolutely love the carpenters and the pilots climbing into and out of their aircraft. Nobody does 'moment in time' action like John. Also, those are great shots of the black Fokker with it's details. -- Al

" . . . Nobody does 'moment in time' action like John . . . " I definitely agree. Glad you enjoyed the photos Al, ACE-37, a.k.a. the black Fokker, is one of my favorites. . . .

Nice pics, Mike. Viewed individually, the new GGC sets are terrific. However, it's the sum of all those parts that I find so compelling.:cool:

-Moe

Thanks Moe . . . . I agree with you also. Individually each of John's sets are masterful works of military art. However, their true brilliance is enhanced ten-fold when all put together into the same scene, display, or diorama . . . .

One other note regarding what we see in Mike's pics...

This appears to conclude this round of GGC releases.

I base that comment on various promotional preview-images that were released over a period of months...a while back.

I'm delighted with mine, as I suspect are a lot of other collectors.:D

Have to see what's next for KotS, as I have no idea!

-Moe

Hi Metell,
Love your photos. They really bring out the details of the sets, more so than the 'official' pictures. The sculpting has always been top notch, but IMHO the painting has vastly improved with the new GGC sets. I'll have to catch up as I've fallen well behind recently

Pete

Hi Metell,
Love your photos. They really bring out the details of the sets, more so than the 'official' pictures. The sculpting has always been top notch, but IMHO the painting has vastly improved with the new GGC sets. I'll have to catch up as I've fallen well behind recently

Pete

Thank you Pete. in my opinion these recent German mechanics, carpenters, and pilots are some of the best KoS sets produced to date by John. As you have observed, the painting detail is very nicely done. These would certainly be worth your while in catching up on . . .
:smile2: Mike

Great shots! That second pilot, climbing into his Fokker D VII is probably my favorite pilot of all. We need more like it. Love the "all bundled up" look.

Regarding suggestions. I want a Gotha. I know why John has said it is likely to never be made , I still want him to do one.

I had the a chance at the TG 10 pinkish colored ones a few years ago and they emailed me a response that there was one left for pre order, but the email went to my junk mail and I didn't see it for a month. Bad thing was I had just won a 1200 dollar prize at work so it was a no brainier on getting it.

Now something I could hope for and receive would be a wheel chock set of say 10 or so sets of wheel chocks.
I have a quite a few planes but very few chocks.

Now something I could hope for and receive would be a wheel chock set of say 10 or so sets of wheel chocks.
I have a quite a few planes but very few chocks.

I believe that there are two GGC and two BGC sets that come with stand-alone chocs, one pair per set. Then there are one set each of ground crew, Brits and Germans, holding the chocs. Kind of interesting note in that regard is that some are metal and some are resin.

-Moe

There is 3 sets for the german side, One set pulling away chocks and two set of mechanics have a set each.
That is 3 sets for 10 planes that I own.

Does anyone have any idea on what the new plane for this series will be? Will it be a plane john has not done before or another version of ones he has done? Does anyone have any inside info on this , like brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back