Knights of the Sky (1 Viewer)

the Navarre nieuport 11 is a wonderful idea, maybe john is worried about putting a machine gun on top of the wing that would work well it would also have to handle the shipping handle the shipping and customer handling without breaking off
John has already made 3 versions of the Nieuport 17 with the Lewis gun on the top wing (Nungesser, Ball, and Bishop) without any damage in shipping, to my knowledge. All 3 of the Nieuports I got arrived without damage and I haven't heard of anyone complaining about the specific problem of the gun being broken off. Packaging seems to be fine, so that won't hold John back.:wink2: Just have to convince him to make the N-11.:) -- Al

john has already made 3 versions of the nieuport 17 with the lewis gun on the top wing (nungesser, ball, and bishop) without any damage in shipping, to my knowledge. All 3 of the nieuports i got arrived without damage and i haven't heard of anyone complaining about the specific problem of the gun being broken off. Packaging seems to be fine, so that won't hold john back.:wink2: Just have to convince him to make the n-11.:) -- al

you know my have been packed up still since i moved back into my house and i guess i forgot he has done them. Anyway great choice for another plane

April saw the last aircraft release in this series, the Voss Albatros, so I'm thinking it must be time for another aircraft. I have no info on any upcoming releases, just wishes, like anyone else that collects John's WW1 aircraft. I've made my thoughts known on the subject. Would love to see the Nieuport 11 done, especially in Lafayette Escadrille livery. I would also love to see John revisit his outstanding SE-5, the mount of so many Allied aces. John did an excellent 2-seater Roland a while back, so I'm thinking he could so a 2-seater along the lines of the Halberstadt CL without undo problems. A Bristol F2B would also be a very neat aircraft, maybe in McKeever's colors. Anyway, there are many aircraft to be covered and everyone has their favorites. Going completely off target, I would also love to see some of the extremely interesting aircraft of the Austro-Hungarian Empire done, and not just the Albatros, but the planes like the Aviatiks, Phonix, and Hansa-Brandenburgs. How neat would it be to have a Brandenburg D.1 'Star-strutter' or Aviatik D.1? What do you all want to see? -- Al

April saw the last aircraft release in this series, the Voss Albatros, so I'm thinking it must be time for another aircraft. I have no info on any upcoming releases, just wishes, like anyone else that collects John's WW1 aircraft. I've made my thoughts known on the subject. Would love to see the Nieuport 11 done, especially in Lafayette Escadrille livery. I would also love to see John revisit his outstanding SE-5, the mount of so many Allied aces. John did an excellent 2-seater Roland a while back, so I'm thinking he could so a 2-seater along the lines of the Halberstadt CL without undo problems. A Bristol F2B would also be a very neat aircraft, maybe in McKeever's colors. Anyway, there are many aircraft to be covered and everyone has their favorites. Going completely off target, I would also love to see some of the extremely interesting aircraft of the Austro-Hungarian Empire done, and not just the Albatros, but the planes like the Aviatiks, Phonix, and Hansa-Brandenburgs. How neat would it be to have a Brandenburg D.1 'Star-strutter' or Aviatik D.1? What do you all want to see? -- Al
No 'wants' by anyone? If nothing else ever gets done, I want a McCudden SE-5 from 56 Squadron.:wink2: -- Al

No 'wants' by anyone? If nothing else ever gets done, I want a McCudden SE-5 from 56 Squadron.:wink2: -- Al

Al, I’d like to see the Nieuport 11 as well. If Jenkins is gonna do additional S.E.5a or Camels, I hope that he reworks them. As for two-seaters, a book about the Lafayette Escadrille that I read in my youth made routine mention of the Aviatak. Had never heard of it at the time, but getting those pesky Aviataks seemed a preoccupation of the American volunteers.;)

-Moe

Not that John doesn't have anything to do :)rolleyes2:), but I would kind of like to see him do a couple of the lesser known German aircraft such as the Pfalz D-III or D-IIIa and the Pfalz D-XII. The D-III series are especially varied in their color schemes and would make great additions to German airfields. The great ace Bruno Stachel cut his teeth on the Pfalz D-IIIa.:wink2: -- Al

No aircraft since April, no rumors that I am aware of. Sure hope this series hasn't been back-burnered for good. Too many great aircraft to be done yet. Heck, I'm still waiting for Heinrich Mathy's L-31. I mean, what's a WW1 aircraft collection without Mathy's Zepp?:wink2:^&grin -- Al

How about a Bristol F2B fighter/bomber ?

boo3uEk.jpg

I heard nothing, but I’m ready for anything that comes down the line
two seaters would be great, but would also love to see more Albatros,
Fokker DVII, or DrI, or any new release would be welcomed...

Well, it's been a year since the last aircraft release in this series. Time for me to renew my call for JJD to make the famous and important Nieuport 11 (Bebe). This was the aircraft largely responsible for ending the Fokker Scourge and putting the Allies back in the battle for control of the air. There are many variations as many nations used the N-11 to include France, Belgium, the UK, Italy, Russia, and Romania, not to mention captured examples used by Germany. Of course, I would love to see several examples from the Lafayette Escadrille that would include the original members aircraft of Chapman, Cowdin, Hall, McConnell, Prince, Rockwell, and Thaw. I can dream, can't I?:wink2: -- Al

I haven't given up on this request list, posted last August. Many great choices here and all within JJD's abilities. Been a long time since we WW1 airplane addicts have had a fix.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

It's been worth the wait for new KotS releases with the recent sneak preview of a new Roland in fish-scale finish, crew members in both cockpit and ground poses, and, most thrillingly for me, the long awaited upcoming release of the Voss Fokker triplane, serial #FI 103/17. Patience is a virtue when collecting WW1 aircraft. I found an e-mail series between John and I dated July, 2013 discussing the Voss triplane, the possible color scheme (yellow or green cowling), and possible production of the aircraft. So 7+ years later, here we are and I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. Patience pays off.:wink2: -- Al

It's been worth the wait for new KotS releases with the recent sneak preview of a new Roland in fish-scale finish, crew members in both cockpit and ground poses, and, most thrillingly for me, the long awaited upcoming release of the Voss Fokker triplane, serial #FI 103/17. Patience is a virtue when collecting WW1 aircraft. I found an e-mail series between John and I dated July, 2013 discussing the Voss triplane, the possible color scheme (yellow or green cowling), and possible production of the aircraft. So 7+ years later, here we are and I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. Patience pays off.:wink2: -- Al

Patience does pay off and 7 years didn't seem like a lot when I was much younger but a 7 year chunk of my life now seems a very long time to wait for anything. Add 7 years on to my age now and I'd be very depressed to think about it, hopefully we will all still be here and healthy in 7 more years. So if you could tell John to pick up the pace a bit, he's still got a ton of planes to do. LOL :wink2:^&grin

I don't think you would get too much of a complaint about the yellow or green cowling, maybe he could do both and let the collectors decide which they'd like to have. On second thought I prefer only one choice that way I don't have to think too hard about which one to buy and don't think I need them both. :redface2:

I was thinking about maybe putting together a wish list. Do you think there would be any interest in a bomber plane ? Size and cost may be a bit much.

Patience does pay off and 7 years didn't seem like a lot when I was much younger but a 7 year chunk of my life now seems a very long time to wait for anything. Add 7 years on to my age now and I'd be very depressed to think about it, hopefully we will all still be here and healthy in 7 more years. So if you could tell John to pick up the pace a bit, he's still got a ton of planes to do. LOL :wink2:^&grin

I don't think you would get too much of a complaint about the yellow or green cowling, maybe he could do both and let the collectors decide which they'd like to have. On second thought I prefer only one choice that way I don't have to think too hard about which one to buy and don't think I need them both. :redface2:

I was thinking about maybe putting together a wish list. Do you think there would be any interest in a bomber plane ? Size and cost may be a bit much.
The subject of larger 2-seaters or even bigger bombers has been bought up with John before but to date we have only the modestly sized 2-seat Roland. From conversations with John, both of the concerns you mention, size and cost, are the main sticking points. John is very concerned that his products arrive safely and this concern becomes even more important when dealing with larger, complicated bi-planes with delicate struts and rigging. I'm not sure we'll ever see anything beyond a medium size type of 2-seater, but that's just my opinion.
As to the possibility of 2 versions of the Voss tripe, yellow or green cowling, why not? John did 2 versions of the Udet Fokker D-7 which has the controversy of whether the wing stripping is black/white or red/white. Both are very attractive and the 2 versions does give the buyer the option to pick the one he feels is best looking or more accurate. Like the Voss cowling question, there is simply no definitive answer as to whether the Udet D-7 stripes are black or red. There are no known contemporary descriptions extant to settle the question, so it leaves it up to the individual collector to pick. Fine by me.:wink2: -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back