Set# DBEQ6 - ROYAL MARINES MAXIM GUN & CARRIAGE

Cheers

Martyn:)

ANGLO BOER WAR

Set# DBEQ6 - ROYAL MARINES MAXIM GUN & CARRIAGE

Cheers

Martyn,
Nice pick-ups for your growing collection. I look forward to seeing them in action.
Brian

EGYPT and THE SUDAN - TEL EL-KEBIR series

Set# HT5 - BLACK WATCH OFFICER and BEDOUIN

Cheers

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR series

CSA Brigadier General Edward Porter Alexander

This figure was a Special Commission based on set# ACW44

Cheers

THE CRIMEAN WAR

Here is a Special Commission set# EL29/V - CORNET HENRY JOHN WILKIN - 11th HUSSARS and his horse

Cheers

THE CRIMEAN WAR

Here is a Special Commission set# EL29/V - CORNET HENRY JOHN WILKIN - 11th HUSSARS and his horse

Cheers

I've especially enjoyed your last two "Specials" Martyn - and noticed a deeper level of painting/shading and even lustre on both, which is lovely to see.

Could you tell us a little more about such commissioned works perhaps? For example - did you commission them - or maybe it was someone else? - and also which sets were they meant for (if any) - or were they intended as stand alone pieces. IF you know such detail, of course.

Thanks in advance if you can shed further light on these excellent pieces. (I particularly like the way the horse has been shaded/painted. Just lovely. jb

I've especially enjoyed your last two "Specials" Martyn - and noticed a deeper level of painting/shading and even lustre on both, which is lovely to see.

Could you tell us a little more about such commissioned works perhaps? For example - did you commission them - or maybe it was someone else? - and also which sets were they meant for (if any) - or were they intended as stand alone pieces. IF you know such detail, of course.

Thanks in advance if you can shed further light on these excellent pieces. (I particularly like the way the horse has been shaded/painted. Just lovely. jb

Hi jb many thanks for your interest in the two pieces.

I didn't commission the sets myself and unfortunately I'm not 100% sure who did.

I do think they were commissioned as "Stand Alone" pieces but they also fit in quite nicely to their respective Trophy series ie American Civil War and Crimean War. I am particularly fond of the Crimean set.

Thanks again for your kind comments

Cheers

EL16TT.jpg Martyn: This is EL16TT, a special commision by Trophy of Texas of Stonewall Jackson. Horse figure looks similar to yours. Hope you don't mind the photo. Tommy

View attachment 137377 Martyn: This is EL16TT, a special commision by Trophy of Texas of Stonewall Jackson. Horse figure looks similar to yours. Hope you don't mind the photo. Tommy

Another nice one Tommy - makes me wonder if that horse EVER had a blacksmith seeing to his shoe? Would be a perfect pose for that. jb

Very similar horse Tommy, slightly different head position...love your set, it's on my list ^&grin :salute::

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back