London Toy Soldier Show December 2018 (1 Viewer)

Those London Gothic look interesting, something different, although I think the JFK set is a little on the poor taste side. Fusilier/TA always look great. Some of their civilian figures might be a nice complement to Trophy. I have never heard of Mariela before but some interesting ideas. That TGM seaplane is amazing.

Jeff and Gary, thank you so much for the photos. Really appreciate it.

If I went to the Show, I would need an extra two suitcases, at least.

That's me done for this show. Just like to say it was great to catch up with Gary, Simon, James, Glynn, Richard and the guys from Holland.

Jeff :salute::

Jeff, thank you so much for all the pics. I've posted an image or two here, and it's obvious to me that you put a lot of effort into your exposition. Again, sincerest thanks.:salute::

-Moe

Thanks guys, but it's just reciprocating the good deeds that other forum members do which provide coverage of the shows abroad, and also you get to see a lot more when you get to rummage through piles of stuff under tables!

There is always masses of items at the London shows that ranges from cardboard boxes full of things :rolleyes2: to very expensive high end painted figures.

It's not so much about buying figures anymore, that can be done online or over the phone, more about meeting up with members that have become friends over the years (and of course having a beer or two at lunch time).

Jeff

You did very well with your coversge Jeff and your photos are clear and close up, just like being there. Appreciate the effort. No doubt you had a great time. Robin.

The show appeared quite busy but then December's show always is; there was an extra room as there were more dealers which is good.

However, the venue itself is poor and a big step backwards IMHO.

There was not too much new offerings on the matt front....T Gunn had new sculpts and product (check out the Russian Napoleonic infantry coming in fighting poses); Andy & KC had some impressive large dioramas that are great to see. But no new FL was on display that I saw as I wanted to look at the new Teutonics and JJD normally has a mass of prototypes to view and they were absent.

There were new people though such as replica soldiers which is good.

Picked up some Romans and Gauls; getting an Agincourt kit made and painted as well

Gazza
To secure the future of the show we had to find a venue and we searched for over 18 months to find a venue that could cater for our needs and more importantly commit to the dates that we required. We as a company have ensured that the show has a secure and stable platform to grow further.

Thanks Jeff and Gary for the nice and clear photos. The plastic soldiers look great. I may have to venture in that direction. I was hoping for a group shot with your buddies at the bar. I always look forward to that.

A sincere thank you for the outstanding photo journalism/show updates which I very much appreciated. Good show Chaps! Just a little bummed I will be in your Sector a week late.
Best,
~Marc

To secure the future of the show we had to find a venue and we searched for over 18 months to find a venue that could cater for our needs and more importantly commit to the dates that we required. We as a company have ensured that the show has a secure and stable platform to grow further.

The venue is not good, from my conversations with people at the event I have heard no one who likes the venue, dealers and visitors. You are in London, one of the worlds largest cities, I am sure you could find a better venue, the show is not as stable as you claim, Dec show is always busy and I think there will be less people at the next show. Rather than on solid ground, unless you do something and find another venue the show will spiral down, I have not missed a show in 5 years, but am thinking possibly not going in March 19, venue mixed with rising costs for the train etc, but there are always cheap tickets to get, but poor venue will put me off.

Thanks Jeff for the show report and pictures, I appreciate your efforts. John

great job with all the photos, we could use you in Chicago come September. too bad companies like asset and little legion could not make over here to Chicago. anyhow thanks again

Thanks Jeff and Gazza. Great photos!

Does anyone have contact info for Mariela Miniatures?

Please send me a pm or email.

Thanks
Tom

Thank you Gazza and Jeff!! Best photo journalists out there!

That show must have been a blast!

Big cheers for you guys,
Joe

Thank you Gazza and Jeff!! Best photo journalists out there!

That show must have been a blast!

Big cheers for you guys,
Joe

Hi Joe,
My congrats also go to Gazza for his excellent pictorial coverage of the December Show!

From an 'Exhibitor's Point of View' it was one of the best in several years PLUS the best-attended that I've taken part in of the last few Decembers.

In some folks eyes it may not be the ideal venue BUT if they knew how hard it is to find that kind of space...at that time of year in London ...and at a reasonable price to both Organizer and Exhibitor...Then it's nothing short of a miracle!

Having been closely involved in both running Toy Soldier shows and organising collector events all around the globe for many years I can readily say that the people at Guideline Publications produced a GREAT SHOW and I'm already looking forward to next year's December Show.

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy and the K&C Team.

Hi Joe,
My congrats also go to Gazza for his excellent pictorial coverage of the December Show!

From an 'Exhibitor's Point of View' it was one of the best in several years PLUS the best-attended that I've taken part in of the last few Decembers.

In some folks eyes it may not be the ideal venue BUT if they knew how hard it is to find that kind of space...at that time of year in London ...and at a reasonable price to both Organizer and Exhibitor...Then it's nothing short of a miracle!

Having been closely involved in both running Toy Soldier shows and organising collector events all around the globe for many years I can readily say that the people at Guideline Publications produced a GREAT SHOW and I'm already looking forward to next year's December Show.

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy and the K&C Team.

Dear collectors,

I was at the show last Saturday and I have to admit it was one of the best shows that I have been. I used to live in Greece and all those years I paid a lot of money to travel to London two times per year (not three to avoid a divorce), so now that I live in London I really don't care about the venue. From this last experience I want to make some comments:
1. There were three big halls and a lobby. At the really spacious lobby were the tables of SAIMEX, King & Country and Irish Toy Soldier Museum. There was plenty of room for everyone and it was easy to move from one hall to the other. No stairs and three four doors like the B.D.C. venue. In fact I think the previous venue was unfair for the vendors on the upper floor which looked more like a corridor that a hall. Royal National was the best, but now gone.
2. There were new vendors like Dorset ( a comeback under new owners), Replica Metal Soldiers (there is a bright future here, remember me) and another gentleman who will launch metal figures from the Trojan War.
3. I saw many nice figures like the new K & C, the upcoming T. Gunn Napoleonic Russians and the Germans hiding behind the Kubelwagen , the Team Miniature figures (very nicely painted Indians; the real thing is 10 times better than the photos I saw earlier) etc.
4. I had asked some vendors to bring me some figures at the show. I didn't want to sent them by post, not to save the 2.95 GBP, but for the joy to get them form their hands and chat with them about our collections etc
5. Many vendors brought a lot of stuff with them and there were opportunities for good bargains. I am making a special mention to Mr Neilson who brought with him three really impressive K & C dioramas.
So what shall we say to him and the other vendors? Don't come again or don't pay the postage costs to bring your stuff because we do not like the venue (... and we will not come again). The question is: do we want a show? if yes, then we must stop criticizing Guideline for the venue.
That's all for now.
All the best and Merry Christmas. I have made some arrangements with Santa.

The show appeared quite busy but then December's show always is; there was an extra room as there were more dealers which is good.

However, the venue itself is poor and a big step backwards IMHO.

There was not too much new offerings on the matt front....T Gunn had new sculpts and product (check out the Russian Napoleonic infantry coming in fighting poses); Andy & KC had some impressive large dioramas that are great to see. But no new FL was on display that I saw as I wanted to look at the new Teutonics and JJD normally has a mass of prototypes to view and they were absent.

There were new people though such as replica soldiers which is good.

Picked up some Romans and Gauls; getting an Agincourt kit made and painted as well

Gazza

Many thanks for the extensive coverage of the show Gazza. I don't suppose you have a contact or name for the exhibitor selling the Wild West inspired buildings and horse drawn vehicles by any chance. A collective friend who attended mentioned that this vendor had some steers that might be suitable for a diorama idea I am planning.
Many thanks in advance.
Martin
Acw cavalry

Many thanks for the extensive coverage of the show Gazza. I don't suppose you have a contact or name for the exhibitor selling the Wild West inspired buildings and horse drawn vehicles by any chance. A collective friend who attended mentioned that this vendor had some steers that might be suitable for a diorama idea I am planning.
Many thanks in advance.
Martin
Acw cavalry

Hi there! I just checked the show outlet. This guy is Gerald Models. You can ask from the show organisers his contact details. The buildings were really good.

Many thanks in advance.
Martin
Acw cavalry

Also check here

https://whitetowerminiatures.co.uk/shop?olsPage=t/wild-west-buildings---resin-kits

for a great saloon facade and beautiful western folks kits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back