Lose Weight, Live Longer! (2 Viewers)

In the last few moths I've suddenly put on 10 pounds...15 in the past year.

A skinny guy with a gut looks kinda weird...so time to get it off!

My strategy is simple...avoid seconds! My biggest problem is quantity.

John, the problem with that is I still have size 33 jeans, but they are totally out of style . . . if I make it I am going t have to buy new clothes, or hope that late 1990's fashions come back in style!:eek::p

See thats exactly why I have closets full of Harley Davidson & Ron Jons T-shirts.........along with my tastefull selection of Nat Nast Silk shirts!:eek: They can't go out of style!:D

Wife says its because they "Have no Style":eek:

Work just fine for me.......on the Harley:D

Attachments

• VROD-03.jpg
    VROD-03.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 68

Pete this is the place! You can do it! Just be mindful of what you eat, grab a piece of fruit when you are hungry.....and try some Ice cold water instead of soda. With a little luck you will begin to see the lbs fad away!:)

I quit smoking in February and have put on about 40lbs. This is the most I have ever weighed. In fact upto me being 30 I only wieghed about 145lbs now I am at 209 :mad: having said that I would rather be over weight than a smoker. I'll work at losing the weight, still working on staying off the smokes.

Pete this is the place! You can do it! Just be mindful of what you eat, grab a piece of fruit when you are hungry.....and try some Ice cold water instead of soda. With a little luck you will begin to see the lbs fad away!:)

Some things I do very well...I probably drink about 3 cans of pop a month. Just not my thing. I go through water like it's nobody's business.

My weakness is cookies! When they are not around, I can do without them. When they are nearby, my theory seems to be 'this is bad for me, so I'd better get it out of the house...4 cookies at a time!' Problem is, as a pastor I'm always going somewhere with good treats. Sigh.

The other killer is eating out. I have way too many lunch meetings.

Shannon's family had a 'Biggest Loser' contest this past summer (it ends on Monday). Since I'm up 10 pounds, I doubt I'll win!

I quit smoking in February and have put on about 40lbs. This is the most I have ever weighed. In fact upto me being 30 I only wieghed about 145lbs now I am at 209 :mad: having said that I would rather be over weight than a smoker. I'll work at losing the weight, still working on staying off the smokes.

At age 38 while my wife was pregnant with my son, I gained 35 lbs, so on my 39th birthday I was 230, the most I ever weighed. I then lost 28 and 1/2 lbs, and got down to 202.5. Then I went back up to 221 after this years Symposium in March (its Kevin's fault, he eats like a horse :eek::p). Since then I lost 8 pounds on my own, then 6 pounds on weight watchers - and intend to lose at least 11 more to get back to my pre-parent weight, a total of 35 lbs. If John can take off 50 lbs, and I can take off 35, I'm sure you can take off 40.:)

Some things I do very well...I probably drink about 3 cans of pop a month.

If I may suggest, after a severe car accident, and two weeks stuck in bed, and year later I was about 40 lbs. up and had severe swelling and damage to my face!:eek::( A year and a half later I was sick of being overwieght, and feeling like crap, I got myself on diet, I'd been told before that I should cut out soda, as I was drinking about 9 cans a week and felt that I couldn't give it up!:eek: After about 1 month on a diet I was down about 5 lbs! Then one day I decided to cut out soda....5 months later I was down 35 lbs!:D:cool::) I suggest you just cut out soda all together, and plus also being a what I call a "Cookie Monster", no soda means more cookies!!:eek::D;) Now my choice drink is Fuze, 2% milk, juice (apple or OJ) or water. My face actually the swelling went down after I gave up soda, just my expierence and I've not been sick (flu, severe cold, fever) in 3 years since not having soda!:)

Vick

I hate to be negitive.....but I'm being honest here.......217!UGH! up a

pound!:eek: Oh course when I thought about it.......I started the day with a

bowl of wife's beef barley soup and a turkey panini........then after the

doctors we stopped for lunch spinach salad (very good) + tomato basil soup.

Dinner was another bowl of beer barley soup and another turkey panini.:eek:

I would say two bowls of soup and 1 panini to much!!:eek:

I wonder if there is another tree that needs to come down.........I only have

a couple of hundred left!!:D

My goal is 1 pound a week. On a website I found it says there are 3500 calories in a pound. So you need to have a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day to lose a pound a week.

I started my diet on July 5th, I weighed 240 lbs now I am at 228.

I stopped drinking soda, eating white bread, cheese, candy and cookies, (I slip sometimes, when I visit the folks, I like Mom's cookies:D) Also, I either ride my bike or walk everyday.

My ultimate goal is 200 lbs.

I think taking the weight off slowly is the best way to do it.

John and Louis, keep up the good work. Scott you did the hard part first, by kicking the smoking habit, hopefully, the weight loss will be easier.

My goal is 1 pound a week. On a website I found it says there are 3500 calories in a pound. So you need to have a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day to lose a pound a week.

I started my diet on July 5th, I weighed 240 lbs now I am at 228.

I stopped drinking soda, eating white bread, cheese, candy and cookies, (I slip sometimes, when I visit the folks, I like Mom's cookies:D) Also, I either ride my bike or walk everyday.

My ultimate goal is 200 lbs.

I think taking the weight off slowly is the best way to do it.

John and Louis, keep up the good work. Scott you did the hard part first, by kicking the smoking habit, hopefully, the weight loss will be easier.

Sounds like you have an excellent plan! You should have no trouble reaching your goal. Don't let yourself be hungry, if you feel like eating something pick up a piece of fruit.:) I find it nice to not feel hungry, and still lose weight!:)

217 again......216 was looking good!:eek:

I believe I am to involved with the crazy market this week!:eek:

I hope things stabilize after the holiday!:D

217 again......216 was looking good!:eek:

I believe I am to involved with the crazy market this week!:eek:

I hope things stabilize after the holiday!:D

Keep going John!:) I'm going to have to admit this one of my favorite threads!:cool:

Vick

Keep going John!:) I'm going to have to admit this one of my favorite threads!:cool:

Vick

Well isn't that nice, I'm glad you enjoy it sir!:)

I'm hoping quite a few of us can lose a few pounds and stick around a bit
longer to enjoy our hobby and friends!

Don't worry, I'm going to stick it out, I'm planning on heading south of 215
before much longer!:D

I'm sure I'll be back in losing form shortly!

216.5 Finally lost another 1/2 lb still not back to 216:eek: heres hoping I'm back on track!

195 today...started at 200 about a week ago. 10 pounds to go (and tomorrow fall basketball starts, so I should be in good shape!).

195 today...started at 200 about a week ago. 10 pounds to go (and tomorrow fall basketball starts, so I should be in good shape!).

Good for you, Peter. :) We both have 10 lbs to go, but you will reach the goal first, as I lose weight very slowly. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back