Lose Weight, Live Longer! (6 Viewers)

I received lots of packages today........maybe I will lose a lb or two with

all the unpacking!:D

I am at 227, hoping to be down to 224 by the KC dinner, so I can eat my fill without worry. I can burn off the calories walking the hallyways:D

My wife is on a home-made soup kick......which I fear may be part of my problem. Last week it was all day cooked beef barley. This week it was split pea, again slow cooked all day in a crock pot. The aroma, lingering around the house all day, then the fresh baked bread it is served with.......I believe it certainly contributing to my current stall!:eek:

John, my stall started when I went out for sushi . . . I ate less than my alotted points, but I dipped the sushi in the salty sauce it comes with, and I think that's what screwed me up. Once that works its way out of my system, I hope I will drop weight again.

John, my stall started when I went out for sushi . . . I ate less than my alotted points, but I dipped the sushi in the salty sauce it comes with, and I think that's what screwed me up. Once that works its way out of my system, I hope I will drop weight again.

Louis, try sashimi it is low in carbs, with no rice on it. I love sushi…

Alle-freakin-lulia!!! :D 204.5. I finally lost a half pound after 6 days, now 9.5 lbs to go.;)

216.5.........hmmm nice ring to it I guess.:D

No, I'm not giving up, seen to many pictures of me in "Wide Load" mode!:D

Hey, this a great thread.

I just stumbled across it because I almost never venture into this section of the boards. Just like everyone who posted on this thread I am on a diet also.

I started my diet August 10th when my doctors office called me at work. My cholesterol was 396 and my triglycerides where 1118. I was floored when I heard the numbers because I felt reasonably well.

I like John (Njja) ate pretty much what I wanted and whenever I wanted. Triple creme French cheese's, chocolate, pizza and lots of beef and even more chocolate. I had a terrible diet. Not to mention eatting out once or twice a week and always getting an appetizer with the meal.

I have been steadily putting on weight the last 4 years, at about 10 pounds extra a year.

So I started my diet at 225 (height 5'11) and as of today I am 212. I am happy and I lost 13 pounds but my goal is to get below 180. I think it will be a fight to get to 175 but I know I can do it. This time I am not trying to win a sprint race with my diet but I am instead looking at it like a marathon. Slow pace but healthy eating and a better lifestyle. I am not trying to get killer numbers each week, just see a nice slow progression. I am looking at even next Summer at maybe being at my goal. A pound a week is fine with me.

Louis, I got rid of my size 33 jeans a long time ago. Like you I held onto them as some sort of reminder but heck they are out of style :D I would be happy if I could get to 34 or a loose 35.

Goodluck to everyone, I am very happy to hear everyone is making such good progress, keep up the good work!

John

Good luck to you too John! I am 5'10, I got as high as 230 on my 39th birthday, and my goal is 195. I plan on staying on weight watchers even once I meet my goal, as, like you, I should probably weigh about 175 (like I did in college more than 20 years ago). I hope to set 185 as a new goal once I reach 195.

My weight was 227 at my last check on the 8th. I am 5' 11'

JFalk, my cholesteral is currently at 201 was a lot higher, currently on meds(Crestor) to reduce, hopefully, with the weight loss, I can stop the meds.

My goal is 200 and a 34 inch waist.

Everybody keep up the good work.

Brian

I read somewhere that Women's dress sizes in the US are labeled a size smaller than most other countries, for example a Size 12 dress in the US is Size 14 in Australia etc. I wonder if Men's jean sizes are the same in the US, making Jeans labeled 34 inches actually 36 inches........ just kidding guys ;)

Hey, this a great thread.
John

John welcome aboard! Remember the key is to not be hungry!:D I spent

years skipping breakfast (thinking that was good....besides I was always late)

then eating a big lunch, snacks, dinner.....then usually a snack before bed!

All the way to 262!:eek:

Now I always eat breakfast, lunch & dinner (no fast food, no coke, or my

downfall Peach Snapple) and fruit if I must snack!

I am currently sitting at 217.5 (my wall for the moment) but that is a 44.5

lbs loss completely on my own, so anyone can do it!

Good luck, you can reach your goal with a little effort before you know it!

My weight was 227 at my last check on the 8th. I am 5' 11'

JFalk, my cholesteral is currently at 201 was a lot higher, currently on meds(Crestor) to reduce, hopefully, with the weight loss, I can stop the meds.

My goal is 200 and a 34 inch waist.

Everybody keep up the good work.

Brian

I don't bother with cholesteral or any of that nonsense (just my opinion) to me everytime I turn on the TV its something else. Eat grapefruit,

don't eat it, low carb diet, high carb, good cholesteral.....bad cholesteral, who are they kidding? Could we have a little consistancy please?

Now I'm 60 (father is 88) healthy as a horse, but overweight so I decided to lose weight because I knew being overweight isn't smart! I go to the doctor

regularly (one a year) to get my throid perscription thats it!:eek: Wife has to drag me there for that.

I know how I feel, and if I thought something was wrong I might......might go, but I would have to be in pretty bad shape! One day I was chopping wood and

hit my foot a glancing blow with a maul! Wife was quite upset when she got a look at it, but I used the old wiggle the toes trick and was up and around in a

couple of days. Now I'm not encouraging this behaviour, but I broke several bones growing up, so I know how it feels, and think I have a vivid memory on just

when you need to seek professional help!

216 again:) looks like things are getting back to normal:) 215 can't be to far off!:)

6 days and counting at 202.5 . . . and I really wanted to be under 200 in time for the Chicago Show. I highly doubt I am going to lose 3 pounds in 6 days.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back