Mel Gibson as a director (5 Viewers)

Well I assume you don't mean my country since the phrase "anti-American" is a real cleche.:) I am sympathic Rob but I still can't get by the notion that "THESE ARE MOVIES", not textbooks or even documentaries. How about we pop over to the Pub for a few pints to discuss this with a better perspective.;):D

Drinks on me mate;)

Rob

I think we had better agree to disagree on this one.I'm sure however if your country was constantly slighted or History changed regarding it,you may have something to say about it.

Rob

Rob, I agree to disagree and it's ok. However it happens my country IS slighted on the movies, and I don't really care. When you see Brazil in a movie it's either an animal infested jungle or a drug dealer infested "favela" (slums). Now, I'm 45 and I have only seen the jungle as a tourist, and have never seen a drug dealer in my life!

What can I say? Movies are not real life, one has to watch a movie like "Turista", about a group of english speaking tourists murdered for their organs in a Brazilian beach, as the nonsense it actually is!
:eek:

Cheers...

Uthred

Rob, I agree to disagree and it's ok. However it happens my country IS slighted on the movies, and I don't really care. When you see Brazil in a movie it's either an animal infested jungle or a drug dealer infested "favela" (slums). Now, I'm 45 and I have only seen the jungle as a tourist, and have never seen a drug dealer in my life!

What can I say? Movies are not real life, one has to watch a movie like "Turista", about a group of english speaking tourists murdered for their organs in a Brazilian beach, as the nonsense it actually is!
:eek:

Cheers...

Uthred

:D

Very good points Uthred,maybe i'll try not to take it to heart so much.I guess i'm very proud of country and sometimes go overboard(sound of guffaws of laughter across the forum;):D)

Rob

...What can I say? Movies are not real life, one has to watch a movie like "Turista", about a group of english speaking tourists murdered for their organs in a Brazilian beach, as the nonsense it actually is!:eek:...
You mean that didn't happen?:confused::eek:;):D Good one Uthred.:D

Well not to put to fine a point on it but isn't that why some of those Brits sent some of those Aussies downunder in the first place?;):D

You're warping history more than Mel :eek: They were British when they were sent to Australia and they only sent them here after they could no longer send them to America following that war you guys had with them :D

Very good points Uthred,maybe i'll try not to take it to heart so much.I guess i'm very proud of country and sometimes go overboard(sound of guffaws of laughter across the forum;):D)

Rob

Rob, I'm very proud of my country as well, and not only for its soccer (football for you) or the beaches! But I guess people must understand the movies are completely different than real life. I know some guys out there will never understand this. But do I really care aboyt their opinion? I don't, believe me...

Cheers...

Uthred, the Brazilian Barbarian collector

Rob, I'm very proud of my country as well, and not only for its soccer (football for you) or the beaches! But I guess people must understand the movies are completely different than real life. I know some guys out there will never understand this. But do I really care aboyt their opinion? I don't, believe me...

Cheers...

Uthred, the Brazilian Barbarian collector

Don't forget your female football fans too;)

Rob

:D:D:D

Good one indeed! I don't think the tourists are in danger of losing anything on Brazilian beaches, except their pale color and some cash!
Oh maybe something else, depending on their age, inclinations and perhaps degree of sobriety of course.:D

Don't forget your female football fans too;)

Rob

They are really famous! World famous! But they are not always Brazilian...
:confused:

In the last World Cup a Brazilian TV crew interwied two scantly clad "Brazilian" football fans, wearing our yellow national jersey: one was from Colombia and the other from Paraguay!

Go figure...
:confused:

Cheers...

Uthred

Funnily enough it came from Mrs Gibson!:eek:;)

Nope, i like to think i have some Aussie friends on this here forum,but i know a lot of Aussies don't like us at all.But then a lot of Brits don't like the Aussies so go figure!:rolleyes:

Rob

Rob, you have plenty of friends downunder, and most of my fellow collectors down here are from Britain. I'm not sure where you get the impression that a lot of Aussies hate Brits and visa versa, as I haven't seen that here, except for some bickering over sports etc that are ramped up to sell newspapers etc. Of course there is that new magazine downunder that I was talking about before, but the kerfuffle over that was partly to promote the rag.

Oh maybe something else, depending on their age, inclinations and perhaps degree of sobriety of course.:D

People come to Brazil to lose all sorts of things!
:D;)

Not their organs, though, I'm glad to say...
:rolleyes:

Cheers...

Uthred

Thank you Oz,much appreciated.Yes i did over egg it a bit,its only really a strong competitive streak from both nations re the Ashes really.And that does make for some great Cricket matches.:)(although i fear for this year,we are not looking too strong at the moment-have been watching the IPL and really enjoying it.So if we lose the Ashes Oz, i'll say i'm not interested in that anymore and the IPL is now my fave ;):D)

Rob

Thank you Oz,much appreciated.Yes i did over egg it a bit,its only really a strong competitive streak from both nations re the Ashes really.And that does make for some great Cricket matches.:)(although i fear for this year,we are not looking too strong at the moment-have been watching the IPL and really enjoying it.So if we lose the Ashes Oz, i'll say i'm not interested in that anymore and the IPL is now my fave ;):D)

Rob

I have never got into cricket so in all honesty I wouldn't know how well the Aussies are going. I've actually started watching a bit of American Baseball for something completely different, like their football it seems to have a lot of strategy.

PS Rob, have a good trip mate, I'm off to bed, meanwhile let's hope the loonies are given a tight leash :)

Amusingly it seems Mr Malaprop has re-appearred; pity it isn't Dogberry. Ah well, and so it goes.:rolleyes:

People come to Brazil to lose all sorts of things!
:D;)
Not their organs, though, I'm glad to say...
:rolleyes:
Cheers...

Uthred
LOL Uthred if there ever was a set up for an wicked turn of phrase.......:D:D Probably a good thing this a PG forum.;)

Can we all please give it a rest, without everything turning into a battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back