Mike Tarantino's Toy Soldier Collection (2 Viewers)

Hi Joe,

THank you so much for your kind comments. I am glad that seeing my Trophy figures has made your day. Your comment got me to pull out about a dozen more Trophy sets, that I do not have on display, and photograph them. I'll post them soon for you, Martyn, and the other Trophy lovers on this Forum.

I'm looking forward to the pictures Mike :salute::

This is a Kingcast two-box set that I had in storage. It is set BI 124 Black Watch with Elephant Gatling Gun. Pretty neat, don't you think?

I love this set Mike, I am hoping LL will eventually produce a similar set :wink2:

Cheers

Martyn:)

This is a Kingcast two-box set that I had in storage. It is set BI 124 Black Watch with Elephant Gatling Gun. Pretty neat, don't you think?

Hi Mike,

Your collection is truly amazing. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the photographs of your superb collection. I enjoy your informative commentary as well.

The Kingcast set BI 124 Black Watch with Elephant Gatling Gun is unique. I have never seen a set with a "kneeling" elephant before this. I am looking forward to viewing more of your collection, especially the Trophy sets.

Best Wishes, Raymond.

Mike,
Thank you for sharing the pics of your stunning collection. When I look at the pics not only do I say WOW{eek3} at the staggering scope of your collection, but I get a sense of the thousands of hours of endless fun you had collecting and displaying it all. It just a joy to look at the pics of our collection. Thanks again and I'll see you at the Westcoaster!

Joe

"Pretty Neat"????

Mike - that beauty deserves to be out on display - and not just tucked away in a box. It's fabulous - so original - and full of action and life. Your collection continues to amaze me. Thanks once again for the chance to see them all - johnnybach

I'm looking forward to the pictures Mike :salute::

I love this set Mike, I am hoping LL will eventually produce a similar set :wink2:

Cheers

Martyn,

Thanks, looking forward to any comments you may have on the Trophy sets. I hope that LL, or somebody, does make the elephant gatling gun set. I have only seen one of the Kingcast sets in 20 years of collecting including buying on eBay, at auctions, and attending the West Coaster and Chicago Shows 35 times---mine. Based on its high set number and the new label, I assume it was made near the end of Kingcast's business life.

Hi Mike,

Your collection is truly amazing. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the photographs of your superb collection. I enjoy your informative commentary as well.

The Kingcast set BI 124 Black Watch with Elephant Gatling Gun is unique. I have never seen a set with a "kneeling" elephant before this. I am looking forward to viewing more of your collection, especially the Trophy sets.

Best Wishes, Raymond.

Hi Raymond,

Thanks again for your kind comments. The kingcast set is the only one I have seen with a kneeling elelphant, too. What a clever idea by Peter Cowan.

Mike,
Thank you for sharing the pics of your stunning collection. When I look at the pics not only do I say WOW{eek3} at the staggering scope of your collection, but I get a sense of the thousands of hours of endless fun you had collecting and displaying it all. It just a joy to look at the pics of our collection. Thanks again and I'll see you at the Westcoaster!

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you very much for your kind words. Looking forward to seeing you at the West Coaster, too. Stop by my room, if you get a chance.

This is a great set. Reminds me of the scene from "Gunga Din" when the British are warned of the "Thugi" ambush and prepare for the battle.
I have two of these sets and would love to see someone do it in Matte some day.

"Pretty Neat"????

Mike - that beauty deserves to be out on display - and not just tucked away in a box. It's fabulous - so original - and full of action and life. Your collection continues to amaze me. Thanks once again for the chance to see them all - johnnybach

Thanks JB. You are right, it does deserve to be out on display. In a moment of weakness, I suggested that I might be open to selling it, but that was due to the fact that it had been stored away and I hadn't looked at in years. Now, that I have taken a fresh look at it, I think I will keep it. You can't beat its originality and action, as you say. Sorry, Tom and Bob. I wonder if my wife will let me put it on the fireplace mantel in our family room?

I never thought of the word amazing to describe my collection, but several of you have used that term, much to my surprise. Again, I have enjoyed sharing it with you guys.

Martyn,

Thanks, looking forward to any comments you may have on the Trophy sets. I hope that LL, or somebody, does make the elephant gatling gun set. I have only seen one of the Kingcast sets in 20 years of collecting including buying on eBay, at auctions, and attending the West Coaster and Chicago Shows 35 times---mine. Based on its high set number and the new label, I assume it was made near the end of Kingcast's business life.

Hi Mike

I spotted these figures on an "OLD TOY SOLDIER AUCTION", I wonder what happened to the Elephants and Gatling gun

bw.jpg

http://www.oldtoysoldierauctions.com/auctiondetails.aspx?auctionid=11&page=9

I'm looking forward to the Trophy pictures:wink2:

Cheers

This is a great set. Reminds me of the scene from "Gunga Din" when the British are warned of the "Thugi" ambush and prepare for the battle.
That scene from Gunga Din is the first thing that came to my mind, too. Absolutely fantastic set. -- Al

Yeah, I'll say it's pretty neat ..... been great fun looking at your mind boggling collection Mike, you are man of extremely good taste in toy soldiers. :)

{bravo}}

B.

That is what I also said when I posted photos of this set on another thread I started re Kingcast under other glossy manufacturers.

When you say you have two of these sets do you mean two of exactly the same set or do you have a companion set? If there is a compaign set and you have a photo of it, why don't you post it here and/or on the Kingcast thread?

Yeah, I'll say it's pretty neat ..... been great fun looking at your mind boggling collection Mike, you are man of extremely good taste in toy soldiers. :)

{bravo}}

B.

Well, thank you Buster. That is very kind of you.

Here are three photos of Trophy's "The Royal Irish" with their box from the Egypt & Sudan Campaigns in the background. I don't believe this is set EW7 "The Royal Irish" because that set should have an officer loading his pistol and one man handing out ammunition plus four men at the ready.

Attachments

• 100_2367.JPG
    100_2367.JPG
    479.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_2368.JPG
    100_2368.JPG
    497.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 100_2369.JPG
    100_2369.JPG
    443.2 KB · Views: 172
Here are three photos of Trophy's "The Royal Irish" with their box from the Egypt & Sudan Campaigns in the background. I don't believe this is set EW7 "The Royal Irish" because that set should have an officer loading his pistol and one man handing out ammunition plus four men at the ready.

Hi Mike

That is a "variant" of set TEK. 3 - ROYAL IRISH RIFLES - ADVANCING from the Tel El-Kebir series, the original set had 1 Officer advancing, 4 Privates advancing and 1 Bugler advancing.

I have set EW7 if you would like to see a picture of it

Cheers

Hi Mike

That is a "variant" of set TEK. 3 - ROYAL IRISH RIFLES - ADVANCING from the Tel El-Kebir series, the original set had 1 Officer advancing, 4 Privates advancing and 1 Bugler advancing.

I have set EW7 if you would like to see a picture of it

Cheers

Thank you Martyn. Yes, please post a photo of the set. Thanks.

I have a couple of sets of the Sussex Regiment from Trophy's Egypt and Sudan series. Although they came in Trophy boxes, there weren't any set numbers on the boxes. Martyn, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 100_2370.JPG
    100_2370.JPG
    489.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_2371.JPG
    100_2371.JPG
    463.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_2372.JPG
    100_2372.JPG
    461.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_2373.JPG
    100_2373.JPG
    496 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_2374.JPG
    100_2374.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 170
Hi Mike

I spotted these figures on an "OLD TOY SOLDIER AUCTION", I wonder what happened to the Elephants and Gatling gun

bw.jpg

http://www.oldtoysoldierauctions.com/auctiondetails.aspx?auctionid=11&page=9

I'm looking forward to the Trophy pictures:wink2:

Cheers

Hi Martyn,

There is something interesting about these figures sold at the OTS auction---only two of them are from my set. Only one of the two men at sling arms and one of the two men without bases are in my set. Both the men off loading the gatling gun have both their arms at neck level or higher in my set, unlike those in the auction. My officer has his arm straight out and is looking at where he is pointing, unlike the officer in the auction. All of this makes me wonder what the "other" set looks like or if, for some reason, Kingcast made different castings for this set, which seems unlikely since this appears to be a set produced near the end of Kingcast's existence. Of course, the other possibility is that my set is missing some figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back