Mike Tarantino's Toy Soldier Collection (1 Viewer)

Nice Hand To Hand, BD and TD sets in there Mike :salute:: Good to see the Rocket Battery set in action {bravo}}, do you have the add on, I've only ever seen one?

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hi Martyn,

Trophy's hand-to-hand, BD, and TD sets were a brillant idea by Len Taylor to enable collectors to set up "in action" displays years before K&C started producing their versions. By incorporating Trophy's hand-to-hand, BD, and TD sets in a display along with regular sets, you can create displays such as my Isandlwana, Boxer rebellion, Egypt/Sudan, etc.

I not only don't have the add-on Rocket Battery set, I don't believe I ever saw one before. There must not have been many of them made.

Hi Martyn,

Trophy's hand-to-hand, BD, and TD sets were a brillant idea by Len Taylor to enable collectors to set up "in action" displays years before K&C started producing their versions. By incorporating Trophy's hand-to-hand, BD, and TD sets in a display along with regular sets, you can create displays such as my Isandlwana, Boxer rebellion, Egypt/Sudan, etc.

I not only don't have the add-on Rocket Battery set, I don't believe I ever saw one before. There must not have been many of them made.

Hi Mike

I agree with everything you say about Len's Hand to Hand, BD, and TD sets they were a brilliant idea of his :salute::

The catalogue description of the Rocket Battery "add-on" is...

"Two ammo mules with handler from the 24th Regiment. Major Russell's horse held by a Royal Artillery gunner"

I do have the set but will not put a picture here as this is your thread.

Cheers

Hi Mike

I agree with everything you say about Len's Hand to Hand, BD, and TD sets they were a brilliant idea of his :salute::

The catalogue description of the Rocket Battery "add-on" is...

"Two ammo mules with handler from the 24th Regiment. Major Russell's horse held by a Royal Artillery gunner"

I do have the set but will not put a picture here as this is your thread.

Cheers

Martyn,

Please post a photo of the set. I'd love to see it, as I am sure others also would.

These two sets of Trophy Indian Army came in the unmarked maroon boxes in the background. I bet Martyn knows which sets and regiment they are---I certainly don't. The colors are not quite right in the photos. The tunics are a light brown.

Attachments

• 100_2340.JPG
    100_2340.JPG
    430.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_2341.JPG
    100_2341.JPG
    300.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_2342.JPG
    100_2342.JPG
    423.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 100_2343.JPG
    100_2343.JPG
    359.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_2344.JPG
    100_2344.JPG
    400 KB · Views: 258
These two sets of Trophy Indian Army came in the unmarked maroon boxes in the background. I bet Martyn knows which sets and regiment they are---I certainly don't. The colors are not quite right in the photos. The tunics are a light brown.

Hi Mike

Very nice {bravo}}

I'm sure they are 20th BENGAL NATIVE INFANTRY, the green facings and green tassle on the tuban indicate this Regiment. They are wearing blue trousers and dark turban, which was their uniform for NWF duty, when they went to Egypt in 1882 they adopted a lighter khaki turban and khaki trousers

Cheers

Martyn,

Please post a photo of the set. I'd love to see it, as I am sure others also would.

Thank you for the invitation Mike :salute::

Here is the set

EQ36/A - ROCKET BATTERY ADD ON SET

RB2.jpg

Cheers

Hi Mike

Very nice {bravo}}

I'm sure they are 20th BENGAL NATIVE INFANTRY, the green facings and green tassle on the tuban indicate this Regiment. They are wearing blue trousers and dark turban, which was their uniform for NWF duty, when they went to Egypt in 1882 they adopted a lighter khaki turban and khaki trousers

Cheers

Thank you Martyn. Although you can't tell easily from my off-color photos, they are wearing a dark brown turban and a lighter khaki tunic both with green trim/facings.

The first photo below from my collection shows Frontline's first matte painted sets in 1996. There are four sets of Crimean War French Imperial Guard Zouaves. If you take another look at their Charge of the Light Brigade sets, especialy the Russian Infantry, you can see what a dramatic difference there is in their sculpting, styles, level of detail, and even size.

The second photo is Frontline's Highland Light Infantry Band in glossy.

THe third and fourth photos are the only sets of Langley's Boys of the Old Brigade that I have in my collection and show a Royal Navy shore party pulling a naval gun.

Attachments

• 100_2324.JPG
    100_2324.JPG
    577.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 100_2325.JPG
    100_2325.JPG
    491.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_2326.JPG
    100_2326.JPG
    441.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_2327.JPG
    100_2327.JPG
    480.1 KB · Views: 246
The first photo below from my collection shows Frontline's first matte painted sets in 1996. There are four sets of Crimean War French Imperial Guard Zouaves. If you take another look at their Charge of the Light Brigade sets, especialy the Russian Infantry, you can see what a dramatic difference there is in their sculpting, styles, level of detail, and even size.

The second photo is Frontline's Highland Light Infantry Band in glossy.

THe third and fourth photos are the only sets of Langley's Boys of the Old Brigade that I have in my collection and show a Royal Navy shore party pulling a naval gun.

Love the Naval Brigade set Mike :salute::

Cheers

Good grief Mike! {eek3} there is just too many figures to look at ^&cool What a collection you have - I know they are a bit on the shiny side but even so they are just marvelous! :salute::

Jeff

Here are two photos of Frontline mounted artillery officers from the ACW and Napoleonic table displays showing the level of detail and fine painting they represent. They are almost what I would consider to be connoisseur figures, yet sold toy soldier prices. A real bargain. Actually, they look much better without all the dust on them.

Attachments

• 100_2328.JPG
    100_2328.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_2329.JPG
    100_2329.JPG
    418.6 KB · Views: 212
Fantastic photos, Mike. The Zouaves are just so colorful and that Naval Landing Brigade is a real beauty. Great collection. -- Al

I never heard of Langley's Boys of the Old Brigade. Very nice looking sets.

Mike, what a wonderful collection and so well displayed. I especially like the WWI artillery sets. Just sorry I was collecting when Trophy was still in business. But I have started with Hiriart, as you know. :smile2: Chris

Here are two photos of Frontline mounted artillery officers from the ACW and Napoleonic table displays showing the level of detail and fine painting they represent. They are almost what I would consider to be connoisseur figures, yet sold toy soldier prices. A real bargain. Actually, they look much better without all the dust on them.

Mike

Very impressive collection. You have some great glossy stuff there. A very enjoyable view of what you have - Thanks!

Peter

Fantastic photos, Mike. The Zouaves are just so colorful and that Naval Landing Brigade is a real beauty. Great collection. -- Al

Thanks Al. It is kind of hard to believe, but you could buy those Frontline Zouaves for about $70 for a set of six figures at the time. I also like the Langley Naval Landing Party, but I just never saw any of the other sets they made at the Chicago or West Coaster Shows to be able to buy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back