Mitch’s statements… Andy’s Comments (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael,

Since I presume I'm the one you were referring to, I've enjoyed reading these amusing posts. The few that make some sense can be generally counted on one hand such as Terry, Rob and, to a certain degree, Mitch.

As Mitch alluded to part of the problem is the owner of K & C has a tendency to take on posters who look the wrong way at his products; I"m sure the word Rammjager means something to some (and my complicity on that is in retrospect unfortunate). I've seen this behavior persist over the years and I'm one of the original members here as well as the first moderator and I had to mderate many of his posts. He has never learned that when you are the biggest and the best criticism is part of the game. We have discussed this many times.

Whether the word "shyster" is offensive or not is beside the point. He then started a second thread, which got deleted and then a third and now we have this. Do owners of other companies act this way. No. If a CEO of a large company acted this way, he would most likely be shown the door.

Brad

Michael,

Since I presume I'm the one you were referring to, I've enjoyed reading these amusing posts. The few that make some sense can be generally counted on one hand such as Terry, Rob and, to a certain degree, Mitch.

As Mitch alluded to part of the problem is the owner of K & C has a tendency to take on posters who look the wrong way at his products; I"m sure the word Rammjager means something to some (and my complicity on that is in retrospect unfortunate). I've seen this behavior persist over the years and I'm one of the original members here as well as the first moderator and I had to mderate many of his posts. He has never learned that when you are the biggest and the best criticism is part of the game. We have discussed this many times.

Whether the word "shyster" is offensive or not is beside the point. He then started a second thread, which got deleted and then a third and now we have this. Do owners of other companies act this way. No. If a CEO of a large company acted this way, he would most likely be shown the door.

Brad

Didn't you miss one..............................^&grin

Brad...

Thats probably the nicest thing someone has said about me. I make some sense. I may get a badge with that on!!!LOL. probably, the most sensible post to date which, clarifies an awful lot.

Brett...

It does seem with enourmous clarity that you wish that this thread had derailed into a hunting party which, sadly for you it has not. People in glass houses should not throw stones. mitch being mitch my dear friend could equally be said to be brett being brett.

I am saddened that you allude to who you would like thrown of the forum as I would never wish to see anyone dismissed as even those who I may not get on with offer the rich tapestry of the experience that is offered here in what is a great hobby by and large.

I am happy to move on as many have said they want to but, some don't seem to want to and that also speaks volumes to the world wide audience.
Mitch

I hear the clunk of an approaching padlock!

Rob

Thats probably the nicest thing someone has said about me. I make some sense. I may get a badge with that on!!!LOL. probably, the most sensible post to date which, clarifies an awful lot.

That would make one feel sad; even Jazz said it was a matter of degree....and he ..has been... a moderator? I'm sure we all wish you well with your badge

It does seem ... eno[sic]rmous clarity... is what's missing... that you wish that this thread had derailed ... but a hunting party of one-and-a-half is not much of a party...
sadly for you ...just mitch being mitch... my dear friend.

"I am happy to move on" ...this would be good for everyone.

The target has already left and is about to have a bumper month thanks to these threads...but that's the market for you. An average thread scores around two dozen posts and about 380 views; these controversial and argumentative threads score heaps more and the viewing ratio is around 40:1. As for those who professed to despise it but couldn't help posting anyway...well...over 90 posts on the other one with well over 3,000 views - that's gold in market terms. Well done.

Mitch,

You said " I am happy to move on as many have said they want to but, some don't seem to want to and that also speaks volumes to the world wide audience''. Perhaps you might read your posts at 37 and 39 which also speak volumes and you will note I did not respond to them.

When you say ''I am saddened that you allude to who you would like thrown of the forum'' but make no reference to a similar sentiment expressed by Brad. Double standards perhaps.

You clearly do not read this thread as others do. But just a summary of some of the comments made so far :

Thompyt
Mitch has the want for making comments that are acerbic in nature under the guise of being informative. If his comments exceed a sentence, then there is some snarky remark or underlying insult.

Carlos
It’s always amazing to me to see when a person steals the limelight of another’s hard work & creativity by consistently demeaning them under the guise of constructive criticism and ombudsmen. I think we all can tell the difference between warranted free speech and contemptuous comments made for self aggrandizement.

Typically it isn’t good policy for a manufacturer to strike back against attacks like this. However, it was time and I doubt there will be any negative affect to KC’s business due to this defense.

CFM
Glad to hear Andy has sprung into action on the forum to defend himself with such a measured, well thought out responce.

Desertkiwi
Mitch, you're like a "dog with a bone' my friend.......give it a rest mate and lets all get back to enjoying the hobbie.

TomNT
Totally agree with your comments Cyber Field Marshall, Toddy and the majority of other comments on this thread.

Villagehorse
I hate the fact that your thought out measured response has taken you away from what you do best, you have nothing to prove in my eyes.

Iron Duke
As far as internet retaliation goes, I think Andy has just placed a king hit!

Just a hint; they are talking about you.
Regards
Brett

I hear the clunk of an approaching padlock!

Rob

As I said before, as the paragraphs get longer and longer, it gets more and more personal and less and less about toy soldiers. I'd tell you both to shut up, but then I'd be accused of stifling debate. But it's not a debate - it's an argument that can't be won.

Can one of the moderators move this to the unmoderated section under Repeated Ad Nauseum

Terry

As I said before, as the paragraphs get longer and longer, it gets more and more personal and less and less about toy soldiers. I'd tell you both to shut up, but then I'd be accused of stifling debate. But it's not a debate - it's an argument that can't be won.

Can one of the moderators move this to the unmoderated section under Repeated Ad Nauseum

Terry

Is this the wrong room for an argument then?:wink2:

Rob

Rob

It's like wack-a-mole. Hit two in the head and another one pops up :rolleyes2: Yes Rob, This is the room for arguments. You've come to the right place - but there are rules. You must choose a side and leave common sense at the door.

Terry

Rob

M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!
Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this room is for abuse.
M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.
Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.

Thank you Monty Python!

M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!
Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this room is for abuse.
M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.
Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.

Thank you Monty Python!

That's the one my friend, classic^&grin

Don't even get met started on the Cheese shop sketch:wink2:

Rob

It's like wack-a-mole. Hit two in the head and another one pops up :rolleyes2: Yes Rob, This is the room for arguments. You've come to the right place - but there are rules. You must choose a side and leave common sense at the door.

Terry

Now that's funny! Im having that much fun reading these posts im going down to the bottle shop to pick up another slab! ^&grin

Tom

Brett,

I would have expected nothing less from you as the K & C attack dog (whether paid, appointed or otherwise).

As far as Andy not intending to offend I hope that is the case but unfortunately we have history to deal with. Apparently he made anti Chinese comments in now one of the deleted threads (odd since he lives in Hong Kong and his wife is Thai) and anti Black comments at the Chicago Dinner a few years ago.

Brad

In one word. Pathetic.

Now that's funny! Im having that much fun reading these posts im going down to the bottle shop to pick up another slab! ^&grin

Tom

Is that Aussie for you are going to the Liquor Store to pick up a 12 pack ? no offense but if so that's
Funny. From reading all these posts I am learning a whole new slang. :D

Is that Aussie for you are going to the Liquor Store to pick up a 12 pack ? no offense but if so that's
Funny. From reading all these posts I am learning a whole new slang. :D

Yes on Liquor Store, no on 12 pack. A slab is 24 stubbies or "green cans" (VB or Victoria Bitter) in my neck of the woods! ^&grin

Tom

Yes on Liquor Store, no on 12 pack. A slab is 24 stubbies or "green cans" (VB or Victoria Bitter) in my neck of the woods! ^&grin

Tom

Why do you buy a month's supply at one time? Why not pick up a fresh 6 pack every week? ^&confuse^&grin^&grin

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back